This NEW product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, etc) and returns will not be accepted. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product. When it comes to HD displays, great resolution is just the start. Unlike many other tablets, Kindle Fire HD also delivers rich color and deep contrast from every angle, with an advanced polarizing filter and custom anti-glare technology.
High Definition Touchscreen Display - Rich, immersive, video. Beautiful, vivid photos. Crisp, detailed text. Enjoy your favorite content on a large, beautiful 1920x1200 display, capable of playing movies and TV shows in up to 1080p high definition. At 254 ppi, the display on Kindle Fire HD 8.9" is high enough quality that individual pixels are indistinguishable to the human eye. The result, an unparalleled viewing experience, no matter what you want to watch.
Reduced Screen Glare - Most tablet displays are made up of two pieces of glass - an LCD on the bottom and a touch sensor on the top, separated by an air gap. With an air gap, light reflects off of every surface as it passes through from the front, creating multiple distracting reflections that reduce display contrast. Kindle Fire HD solves this air gap problem by laminating the touch sensor and the LCD together into a single layer of glass, creating a display that's easy to view, even in overhead light.
Richer Colors at Wider Angles - Like many tablets, Kindle Fire HD uses In-Plane Switching (IPS) to improve color reproduction. But displays that only use IPS still appear washed out at various angles, such as laid sideways when reading in bed, laid flat on a table, or held between you and a friend when sharing a movie. Kindle Fire HD addresses this issue by applying an advanced polarizing filter directly to the LCD panel. This results in a display that shows the same deep contrast and rich, detailed color when viewed at any angle.
Booming sound without distortion - Low quality sound can ruin your HD entertainment experience. That's why Kindle Fire HD 8.9" features exclusive, custom Dolby audio, dual stereo speakers, and auto-optimization software for clear, crisp, balanced audio.
Exclusive Dolby Audio - Kindle Fire HD uses the power of Dolby Digital Plus to create a world class audio experience, with or without headphones. Dolby Digital Plus includes technology used to adjust volume, create virtual surround sound, and deliver easier-to-understand dialogue in movies and TV shows. Kindle Fire HD is designed to automatically optimize the audio profile based on what you're doing, such as watching a movie, listening to music, or talking on Skype. It even optimizes the audio differently when you have headphones plugged in, so you can just sit back and enjoy.
Powerful Dual Stereo Speakers - Big sound. Compact design. With Kindle Fire HD 8.9", we put stereo speakers on both sides of the display for a wide stereo sound-field similar to that of a home stereo, then tuned them to better reproduce low notes. The result - deeper bass in your music, loud, rumbling movie soundtracks, and room-filling stereo sound without distortion, even at higher volumes.
Fastest WiFi of any tablet - When it comes to HD content, bandwidth is everything. Without it, you get video buffering, slow downloads, and dropped connections. Kindle Fire HD solves this issue by using state-of-the-art dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for over 40% faster speeds.
Two Antennas, Better Bandwidth - Kindle Fire HD is the first tablet to feature dual Wi-Fi antennas and Multiple In/Multiple Out (MIMO) technology for powerful, HD-ready Wi-Fi. This allows reception or transmission over both antennas simultaneously to increase capacity and reliability. So you'll enjoy fewer dropped connections, more than 40% faster media streaming, and be able to go further from your wireless hotspot than with other tablets.
Dual Band Support - Many Wi-Fi devices, from other tablets to baby monitors, only operate in the 2.4 GHz band. The more of these devices that you and your neighbors have operating in the band, the slower your connection is. Kindle Fire HD is capable of automatically switching between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi frequencies, which will allow you to use this less congested 5 GHz band for better range and less interference.
Uncompromising power under the hood - HD content requires more storage, strong processing power, and plenty of battery life. Kindle Fire HD 8.9" was designed specifically for HD movies and games, giving you lightning fast performance without compromising battery life or storage.
Plenty of Storage for HD Content - For an HD device, 8GB of storage is not enough. High definition content is substantially larger - for example, on average, an SD movie is 500MB, and an HD movie is 2GB. Because of this, Kindle Fire HD 8.9" offers multiple storage options starting with 16GB, as well as free, unlimited cloud storage for your Amazon content.
- 1920x1200 HD display with polarizing filter and anti-glare technology for rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Exclusive Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers for crisp, booming sound without distortion
- High performance 1.5Ghz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics core for fast and fluid performance
- Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi for 40% faster downloads and streaming (compared to iPad 3)
- Over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, audiobooks, and popular apps and games such as Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, HBO GO, Pandora, and Angry Birds Space
- Integrated support for Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! and more, as well as Exchange calendar, contacts, and email
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls using Skype, Facebook, and other apps
- Free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content
- Kindle FreeTime - a free, personalized tablet experience just for kids on the Kindle Fire HD. Set daily screen limits, and give access to appropriate content for each child
- Display - 8.9" 10 point capacitive touch high definition color display; 1920x1200 resolution at 254 ppi, video playback up to 1080p, with IPS (in-plane switching) technology, advanced polarizing filter, and anti-glare technology
- Size - 9.4" x 6.4" x 0.35" (240 mm x 164 mm x 8.8 mm)
- Weight - 20 ounces (567 grams)
- System Requirements - Kindle Fire HD 8.9" is ready to use right out of the box - no setup, no software to install, no computer required to download content
- Storage - 16GB (12.7GB available to user) or 32GB (27.1GB available to user) of internal storage
- Battery Life - Over 10 hours of reading, surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music. Battery life will vary based on device settings, usage, and other factors such as web browsing and downloading content. Actual results may vary
- Charge Time - Fully charges in under 5 hours via the Kindle PowerFast charging accessory, or slightly longer with other micro-USB power adapters that you may already have. Charges in under 14 hours from your computer via the included USB charging cable
- Wi-Fi Connectivity - Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks
- Ports - USB 2.0 (micro-B connector) port for connection to a PC or Macintosh computer or to connect to the Kindle PowerFast charging accessory. Micro-HDMI (micro-D connector) port for high definition video output to televisions or A/V receivers
- Audio - 3.5 mm stereo jack and integrated stereo speakers with exclusive Dolby audio engine
Content Formats Supported - Kindle (AZW), KF8, TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible Enhanced format (AAX), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, MP4, 3GP, VP8(.webm)
- Sensors - Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope
- Location Services - Location-based services via Wi-Fi
- Additional Features - External volume controls, front-facing HD camera, built-in microphone, built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones, headsets, and speakers
- Warranty and Service - 1-year Limited Warranty and service included. Optional 2-year Extended Warranty available for U.S. customers sold separately. Use of Kindle is subject to the terms found here