This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
- 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U Processor 2.2GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.7GHz
- Windows 8.1
- 13.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-Backlit IPS Display Multi-Touch Screen, Supporting 10-Finger Touch
- 8GB of LPDDR3 SDRAM Onboard Memory
- Intel HD Graphics 5500
- 256GB SSD in RAID 0 Configuration
- HD Webcam (1280 x 720)
- Secure Digital (SD) Card Reader
- 802.11AC WiFi Featuring MIMO Technology (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Optimized Dolby Audio Enhancement
- Two Built-In Stereo Speakers and Built-In Dual Microphones
- 2 - USB 3.0 Ports (1 of the USB 3.0 Ports has Power-Off USB Charging)
- 1 - USB 2.0 Port
- 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP Support
- Precision Touchpad (Supporting Windows 8 Modern Touchpad Gestures)
- 4-cell Li-Ion (3220 mAh) Battery, with Up to 10-hour battery life
- 3.31 lbs. / 1.5 kg (system unit only)
The Future of Flexibility
With seamless transitions between six different usage modes, the Aspire R 13 exemplifies flexibility with a design that immerses you in content like never before. Thanks to Acer's patented Ezel Aero Hinge with its sturdy U frame structure, it is the perfect balance of sturdy and slim, so you don?t have to sacrifice sleek design for innovative, on-thego mobility.
Use the Aspire R 13 as a mobile tablet, enhance your productivity in the notebook mode with keyboard, and pivot the screen to share content with others. Convert your world - in six ways!
- Notebook: For use as a fully functional notebook with keyboard.
- Ezel: Bring the display close to you for convenient reading and scrolling.
- Stand: A mode for you to draw a flowchart, take notes, brainstorm with others, or edit artwork.
- Pad: Use it as tablet ? browsing the web, playing games, or watching videos
- Tent: Ideal for sharing a display when space is limited such as in an airplane.
- Display: Good for viewing photos and videos or playing games with others.
The Aspire R 13 is crafted to last and packed full of cutting-edge features so you?ll be prepared for any situation. Corning Gorilla Glass 3, which is 3x stronger and more resistant to scratches than Gorilla Glass 2, provides tough protection for the display screen and top cover so you can use your device worry-free.
The 13.3" Full HD touch display with Zero Air Gap and IPS technologies makes visuals pop with life with bright and crisp images that are consistent from every angle. The anti-reflective display comforts your viewing experience when you watch movies for long time or use the tablet under bright lighting/sunlight.
Experience efficiency hands-on as you open programs and complete tasks, browse online, and breeze through photo albums - using nothing but your fingers on the 10-point multi-touch display. A special anti-fingerprint coating keeps your display clean and images crisp while leaving fewer fingerprints and smudges behind. Wiping the screen clean is quick and simple so your device is always looking brand new.
With premium performance and stunning visuals, the 5th gen Intel Core processor delivers processing power that takes your computing to the next level so that you can work smarter and play harder. That's serious processing.
Bring out the artist in you with the Aspire R 13. With the addition of an intuitive Acer Active Pen (sold separately) graphic designers and digital artists can make life-like brush strokes and draw with precision while the everyday user can jot down notes with precision in class or a meeting while the Precision Touchpad (PTP) enables smooth scrolling and navigation with an intuitive pinch gesture for zooming in and out.
Stay in touch at home, at work or on the go - all in HD - with the Skype Certified advanced HD Webcam. Its high pixel density for amazing video image quality and Acer Purified Voice ensures all communications are crystal-clear by eliminating background noise.
The 10 hours of battery life gives you a full workday of usage while on the move. The Aspire R 13 offers a longer battery life than competitors, maximizing your freedom to accomplish all of your daily tasks while staying unplugged.
Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater optimizes audio and brings an incredibly immersive listening experience. An intuitive interface lets you customize to your unique audio preferences, and Dolby does the rest. Your music sounds even better with dynamic surround sound and movies are enhanced by technology that ensures clear dialogue and minimal background noise. Dolby also automatically regulates volume levels so your sound quality is consistent as you switch between games, music, and movies, and two powerful speakers plus with the Optimized Dolby audio enhancement, pump out four times the acoustic power of conventional notebooks. Want more? The HDMI port will extend your Full HD experience to your HDTV through a single cable.
The Acer R13 brings speed to another level. Up to 3x faster than the previous generation, its wireless 802.11ac connection offers improved coverage for distance and range. With the latest wireless and Bluetooth 4.0 technologies stay unplugged and stay connected - to the net, to wireless devices, and to the world.
- Processor - 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U Processor 2.2GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.7GHz (3MB L3 cache)
- Display - 13.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display Multi-touch screen, supporting 10-finger touch 16:9 aspect ratio, Wide viewing angle
- Memory - 8GB of LPDDR3 SDRAM Onboard Memory
- Video - Intel HD Graphics 5500, supporting Microsoft DirectX 11.1, OpenGL 4.4, OpenCL v2.0
- Audio - Optimized Dolby audio enhancement, featuring Audio Optimizer, Audio Regulator, Volume Leveler, Volume Maximizer, Intelligent EQ, Dialogue Enhancer, Surround Virtualizer (for headphones and built-in speakers), and Dolby Digital Output technologies; High-definition audio support; Two built-in stereo speakers and built-in dual microphones
- Hard Drive - 256GB SSD in RAID 0 configuration
- Optical Drive - Not available
- Digital Media Card Reader - Secure Digital (SD) Card Reader
- Communications - 802.11AC WiFi featuring MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz); Bluetooth 4.0
- Webcam - HD Webcam (1280 x 720)
- Convenience Features - Precision Touchpad (supporting Windows 8 Modern Touchpad gestures); Intelligent gyroscope, accelerometer (G sensor) and e-compass; Ambient light sensor
- Battery Type - 4-cell Li-Ion (3220 mAh) Battery
- Battery Life - Up to 10-hours battery life
- Dimensions (System) - 13.54 (W) x 9.07 (D) x .71 (H) inches / 343.8 (W) x 230.35 (D) x 17.95 (H) mm
- Dimensions (Box) - 15.47 (L) x 3.35 (W) x 12.56 (H) inches / 393 (L) x 85 (W) x 319 (H) mm
- Weights - 3.31 lbs. / 1.5 kg (system unit only) / Approximately 11.35 lbs. / 2.93 kg. (box)
- 1 - USB 2.0 Ports
- 2 - USB 3.0 Ports (1 of the USB 3.0 Ports has Power-Off USB Charging)
- 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP support
- 1 - 3.5mm combo jack (headphone/speaker)
- 1 - DC-in Jack for AC adapter
- Windows 8.1 with Bing
- Acer Power Management & Acer Recover Management
- Microsoft Office Trial
- Amazon Kindle
- McAfee Internet Security Suite Trial