Director Quality Monitor
Real time monitoring with the SuperAtom 5" IPS 325ppi 1280x720 capacitive touchscreen. Monitoring functions at your fingertips including waveform, vectorscope, luma parade, RGB, focus peaking, zebra, false color and blue only.
Lossless and Edit Friendly
Maximize use of your camera's spectacular lens and sensor. Bypass internal high compression recording to H.264/AVCHD/MPEG and upgrade to virtually lossless ready-to-edit 10-bit 422 Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD with the Samurai Blade.
Proxies on the go with Cut and Tag Editing
Create HD proxies on the Samurai Blade as you record 4K at the camera and in real time rough cut your footage. Tag it as Favorite or Reject and save as a project, ready to finalize in the studio.
Low Cost Media and Long Record Times
Record to standard 2.5" HDDs and SSDs. A 1TB HDD gives you 10+ hours of Apple ProRes HQ. Buy your choice of media that is affordable, reliable and readily available.
- Atom OS 5: The AtomOS operating system is intuitive, easy to use and always two or fewer touches away from your function.
- 422 10-Bit: HD off the sensor in edit friendly 422 10-bit Apple ProRes. 422 for improved colour accuracy and 10-bit for the extended color depth demanded in post production.
- SSD HDD: We support affordable, readily available HDD or SSD. HDD is the most affordable option, perfect for most situations. For vibration sensitive shoots SSD is supported.
- Start/Stop Trigger: We've teamed up with leading camera brands (Canon, Sony, Panasonic, RED and Arri) to give you frame accurate timecode and start/stop triggers over SDI.
- Accessories: You get more than expected with Atomos. Included in the price is a rugged carry case, battery, charger, AC adapter, HDD/SSD caddy and dock, D-Tap adapter.
- Timecode: Synchronize with the camera's timecode for independent external recording.
- Power: Our low power design (less than 7W) coupled with our patented Continuous Power dual battery system ensures you will never be without power in the field.
- Audio: Monitor up to 12ch digital and 2ch analog audio all locked frame accurately, never drifting. Take a line in from a mixing desk and even manually adjust for delays from the camera.
- Aluminum Construction: Our products are ready for the field with aircraft grade Aluminum, locking mechanisms on removable parts, low weight and wide operating temperature (-30 to +45 C).
- Spyder Calibration: Use the optional Spyder to calibrate to SMPTE Rec 709 and D65 whitepoint or Canon C-Log. Normally reserved for more expensive monitors, never has it been easier to get one click calibration.
- Without batteries and HDD: 345g / 12oz (without batteries and HDD)
- With batteries and HDD: 696g / 25oz (with batteries and HDD)
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm): 153 x 87 x 48mm, 6.0 x 3.4 x 1.9"
- Construction: Aircraft-grade Aluminum for durability and portability,Fan-less for silent operation
- Operating power: 3.3W (monitoring only) / 6.8W (Rec, Mon, Play)
- Compatible batteries: NP series, D-Tap and supporting accessories (Nikon EN-EL15, Canon EL6)
- Input voltage (battery): 6.2V to 16.8V
- Battery time (based on 7.4V): 2600mAh - up to 4hrs, 5200mAh - up to 8hrs, 7800mAh - up to 12hrs
- Continuous power Patent pending: Primary-secondary battery system, Change batteries without losing power, Loop batteries continuously
- Power Station continuous power dual supply: Optional
- Size: 5"
- Resolution: 1280 x 720
- PPI: 325
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 native / 4:3 Letterbox
- Color standard: REC709 HDTV
- Native frame rate playback: 48-60Hz
- Technology: SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch), calibratable to REC709 with optional Atomos Spyder
Video input/loop out
- SDI: 1 x HD/SD-SDI (SMPTE)
- Signal: Uncompressed 10/8bit 4:2:2 (camera dependent)
Video output (play out)
- SDI: 1 x HD/SD-SDI (SMPTE)
- Signal: Uncompressed 10/8bit 4:2:2 (Playback file dependent)
Supported loop out formats
- SDI to SDI: 720p 50, 1080i 50/60, 1080psf 24/25/30, 1080p 24/25/30
Supported formats (in/out)
- HD: 1080i60, 1080i59.94, 1080i50, 1080p30, 1080p25, 1080p24, 1080p23.98, 1080pSF23.98, 1080pSF24, 1080pSF25, 1080pSF30, 720p60, 720p59.94, 720p50, SD 480i, 576i
Realtime hardware encoding
- 1920x1080 8/10-bit 4:2:2 to: Apple ProRes - HQ, 422, LT; Avid DNxHD - 220/220x, 145, 36
- Pulldown conversion: 50i from 25PSF greater than 25P (2:2 Pulldown), 60i from 30PSF greater than 30P (2:2 Pulldown), 60i from 24P greater than 24P (3:2 Pulldown), 60i from 23.98P greater than 23.98P (3:2 Pulldown)
Audio input (48kHz PCM audio)
- Analog Line: 2ch 48kHz
- SDI: 12ch 48kHz 16-bit
Audio output (48kHz PCM audio)
- Analog Line: 2ch 48kHz
- SDI In: 12ch 48kHz 16-bit
- SDI: SDI Trigger Camera Selectable
- Other: LANC control - Slave
- Supported media (Approved List Only): SSD 2.5", HDD (5400 to 7200rpm)
- Master caddy case: Master Caddy 1 (included), 75mm x 105mm x 12mm
- Master caddy dock: 2.5" SATA to USB 2.0/3.0
- Supported applications: Supported Applications FCPX/FCP7+ / Media Composer 5.0+ / Premiere 5.5+, EDIUS 6.0+ / Vegas Pro 10+ / Lightworks / Autodesk Smoke 2015+
- Accessories included: Main unit, Universal battery charger 110-240V, AC adapter and car charger, docking station and leads, 2 x master caddy cases, 1 x Atomos 2600mAh battery, Rugged carry case, D-Tap adapter
- Optional extras: 5 x Master caddy cases, Sunhood, Carry cases, Canon and Nikon adapter plates, Connect H2S converter, Connect S2H converter, Powerstation