The Best Value Choice for Small-Medium Space
Featuring a brightness of 3000 ANSI Lumens and a high contrast ratio of 13000:1, the cost-effective and eco-friendly MS521 offers a stunning full-screen presentation with the finest details regardless of the ambient light level.
- World-Leading SmartEco Technology
- LampSave Mode for Lower Replacement Cost
- 0.5W in Standby Mode
- Blu-ray Full HD 3D Supported
- Quick Instal via Remote Control
Saving More on Power Consumption with BenQ's SmartEco Technology
Offering lower TCO and optimized projection through dynamic power saving, uncompromised brightness, exquisite picture quality and optimized lamp life - SmartEcoTechnology has perfected what a DLP projector can do. With this innovation, schools and corporates are able to save up to 70 percent of lamp power consumption and lower maintenance costs through dynamic power saving features while bringing an ultra-vivid viewing experience into every presentation.
Smart Eco Mode
The SmartEco Mode, which cleverly adjusts the lamp power to maximize power saving by delivering the best contrast and brightness performance using only as much light as needed.
Projector lamp replacement costs make up the biggest part of the total cost of projector ownership. The LampSave Mode is designed to adjust the lamp power dynamically by content brightness level to extend projector lamp life significantly by 50 percent! The lamp replacement frequency is also reduced by up to 50 percent to lower the replacement costs.
Eco Blank Mode
The Eco Blank mode allows teachers to blank the projection screen whenever they need to direct their students' focus back on them - or simply when the projector is not in use. When activated, this special feature dims the lamp power automatically, lowering the total power consumption by 70 percent.
No Source Detected Mode
The automatic switch to Eco Blank Mode after the projector is turned on for over three minutes without a display source, eliminating unnecessary energy waste and prolonging the life of the projector lamp.
0.5W in Standby Mode
When inactive, the MS521 keeps power consumption to a minimum with 0.5W standby power, achieving what was once a challenge for ealier projector models. This technological advancement in energy saving certainly helps extend the projector lamp life and lower energy costs.
Blu-ray Full HD 3D Supported
BenQ MS521 is built with latest DLP technology to support 3D functionality, allowing schools to bring an immersive learning experience to their students with a simple preparation of 3D glasses and 3D content from your blu-ray player.
By pressing Test key on the remote control, installer can quickly acces to installation related functions in the OSD menu.
BenQ DLP Projector
DLP Technology alsoaffords a filter-free engine design for carefree confidence in long-lastingimage quality and reduced total cost of ownership. BenQ's SmartEco Technology further boosts contrast performance and image quality endurancewhile saving up to 70 percent on lamp power consumption.
Razor-Sharp Claritywith Ultra-Readability
Enabling a 96 percent fill factor, DLP Technology suppliespixel circuitry behind the pixel, thereby eliminating the thick dark bezelsaround individual pixels, which diminish color and detail. A higher fillfactor and less black border translate to noticeably purer, more intense colorand smoother image quality.
BenQ DLP Projectors also feature high contrastratios for flawless rendering of small text, fine lines, and dark scene detail. Blacks are deeper and overall image quality is more focused and clean. Yourpresentations will be easily readable and highly effective, even from the backrow of a well-lit venue.
Even in lit venues, BenQ DLP Projectors achieve theoptimal balance of brightness and color accuracy, with BrilliantColor Technology additionally boosting true-to-life colors that captivate. BrilliantColor enables up to six-color processing by incorporating thesecondary colors Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta along with primary Red, Blue, andGreen. From intense hues to elusive mid-tones like aqua blues and lightyellows, your every presentation is rendered in pure, living splendor.
ecoFACTS can tell you how eco-friendly BenQ products are!
Development of eco-friendly products, BenQ doesn't just want to comply with green regulations passively, but also to actively develop eco-friendly products!
ecoFACTS declares BenQ's greatest efforts on the replacement of hazardous substances, material selection, packaging design, energy-saving design and other aspects of the products.
- Model: MS521
- Projection System: DLP
- Native Resolution: SVGA(800 x 600)
- Brightness* (ANSI Lumens): 3000
- Contrast Ratio: 13000:1
- Display Color: 1.07 Billion Colors
- Lens: F=2.5-2.7, f=22.08-24.28mm
- Aspect Ratio: Native 4:3 (5 aspect ratio selectable)
- Throw Ratio: 1.97-2.17 (50" at 2m)
- Image Size (Diagonal): 34"-300"
- Zoom Ratio: 1.1:1
- Lamp Type: 190W
- Lamp Mode (Normal/Economic/SmartEco/LampSave/LumenCare)*: 4500/6000/6500/10000/NA hours
- Keystone Adjustment: 1D, Vertical +/- degrees
- Projection Offset: 130 percent +/- 5 percent
- Resolution Support: VGA(640 x 80) to UXGA (1600 x 1200)
- Horizontal Frequency: 15-102KHz
- Vertical Scan Rate: 23-120Hz
Computer in (D-sub 15pin) x 2 (Share with component)
Monitor out (D-sub 15pin) x 1
Composite Video in (RCA) x 1
S-Video in (Mini DIN 4pin) x 1
HDMI x 1
Audio in (Mini Jack) x 2
Audio out (Mini Jack) x 1
Speaker 2W x 1
USB (Type B) x1
RS232 (DB-9pin) x 1
IR Receiver x1 (Front)
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm): 302.8 x 111.8 x 221.8 (with feet)
: 302.8 x 103.8 x 221.8 (without feet)
- HDTV Compatibility: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Video Compatibility: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
- 3D Support and Compatibility: Frame Sequential: Up to 720p
- Frame Packing: Up to 1080p
- Side by Side: Up to 1080i/p
- Top Bottom: Up to 1080p
- Weight: 2.3kg (5.06lbs)
- Audible Noise (Normal/Economic Mode): 32/30 dBA
- Power Supply: AC100 to 240 V, 50 to 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: Normal 240W, Eco 200W, Standby <0.5W
- On-Screen Display Languages: Arabic/Bulgarian/ Croatian/ Czech/ Danish/ Dutch/ English/ Finnish/ French/ German/ Greek/ Hindi/ Hungarian/ Italian/ Indonesian/ Japanese/ Korean/ Norwegian/ Polish/ Portuguese/ Romanian/ Russian/ Simplified Chinese/Spanish/ Swedish/ Turkish/ Thai/ Traditional Chinese (28 Languages)
- Picture Modes: Dynamic/Presentation/sRGB/Cinema/(3D)/User 1/User 2
- Accessories (Standard, Included)
Remote Control w/ Battery
Power Cord (by region)
User Manual CD
Quick Start Guide
Warranty Card (by region)
VGA(D-sub 15pin) Cable
- Accessories (Not included,optional):
Spare Lamp Kit
*Lamp life results will vary depending on environmental conditions and usage. Actual product's features and specifications are subject to change without notice.