Smart Performance, Sleek Style
Slim enough to carry everywhere, the PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera is equipped with advanced features for creating a wide range of amazing images. Zoom to great lengths with the 12x Optical Zoom (25-300mm) while Intelligent IS helps to create crisp, virtually shake-free images throughout the zoom range in all kinds of conditions, and Zoom Framing Assist automatically zooms in or out, tracking your subject and helping to keep it in focus. The 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor plus DIGIC 4+ Image Processor create the Canon HS SYSTEM for excellent resolution and beautifully clear shots even in low light. Share what you've created right away with built-in Wi-Fi that lets you transfer images and video to compatible mobile devices and select social networking sites with the touch of the Mobile Device Connect Button; you can even shoot remotely using your compatible smartphone or tablet. The camera also has built-in NFC for simple pairing with compatible Android devices and the optional Canon Connect Station CS100 device. Video is spectacular in 1080p Full HD, and Smart AUTO helps you get your best still images and video by automatically selecting camera settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations. Have fun with Hybrid Auto, which compiles a short video highlight reel of the moments before each still image was shot, and Creative Shot mode for share-worthy artistic shots created using the composition, color and lighting from your own images.
- 12x Optical Zoom (25-300mm) helps facilitate outstanding optical performance and versatility, along with Intelligent IS to help optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images in a wide variety of conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows wireless transferring of images and video to compatible mobile devices, select social networking sites and your Wi-Fi enabled computer, and lets you remotely shoot using your compatible smartphone or tablet.
- For easier Wi-Fi connectivity, built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) allows quick and simple pairing to a compatible Android device.
- Compatibility with the Canon Connect Station CS100 device enables you to wirelessly transfer images for storage via NFC and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Creative Shot mode uses composition, color and lighting from your original image to create unique images with an artistic flair.
- 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps provide excellent low-light performance.
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video with a dedicated movie button.
- Large 3.0" LCD with a screen resolution of 461,000 dots enables easy viewing even from a wide angle.
- Enable the Auto Zoom feature and your camera will automatically zoom in to help frame your subject and help it to remain in focus.
- Hybrid Auto records quick video clips before each still and compiles them together to make a short highlight reel.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
Spectacular Lens Power for a Whole New Perspective
12x Optical Zoom
The PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera features a 12x Optical Zoom so spectacular shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility it gives you when shooting with an amazing range of 25-300mm (35mm equivalent) in a slim, compact camera. Plus, the Wide-Angle lens captures expansive image in every shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more all benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images are assured to be bright and clear.
It's easy to capture clear, steady images with PowerShot cameras, even in low light without using a tripod. That's because the camera is equipped with Canon's innovative Intelligent IS. The system automatically analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation - allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system selects from Normal IS, Panning IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Tripod modes. When shooting video, the system selects from Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Active Tripod IS modes. New icons clearly mark the image stabilization mode, whether you're shooting still images or video.
Share Images and Video Wherever and Whenever
Built-in Wi-Fi makes sharing quick and easy
Built-in Wi-Fi technology helps provide on-the-go convenience when you want to share your photos and videos with friends, family and the whole world. Easily post your images to social networking and media sites - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, and Google Drive - through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY directly from your PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera, or save them to the online photo album to share anytime, anywhere. The camera can also connect directly to both compatible iOS and Android devices, and upload images via the free Canon Camera Connect app without a computer. You can control the destination of your uploads to share with everyone or to selected groups, and even add comments. Enhanced Wi-Fi makes posting in real time possible, so you can keep everyone up to date with photos and video even as events unfold. Wi-Fi technology also allows you to transfer images to other Wi-Fi equipped PowerShot cameras or print your photos directly to a PictBridge (Wireless LAN) certified printer.
Image Sync Function
The Image Sync Function allows you to wirelessly transfer photos and videos from the camera to a computer by using CANON iMAGE GATEWAY. Through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY you can then access your photos and videos through a browser on your compatible smartphone to view and download.
Remote Shooting with the Camera Connect App
With the built-in Wi-Fi on the PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera, you can use your compatible smartphone or tablet to remotely control the camera. Simply connect wirelessly to your device and access the free Canon Camera Connect app. Your device will show a live image of the camera's capture - perfect for a commemorative group photo, wildlife shots and all kinds of situations. The camera's versatile 12x Optical Zoom, flash, self-timer and shutter are all under your control, with images being saved to your camera as usual.
Mobile Device Connect Button
It's now easier than ever to connect your PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera to a compatible iOS or Android device using the Mobile Device Connect Button. The button allows you to choose to transfer images to your compatible smartphone or tablet for immediate sharing with the Canon Camera Connect app, or to your computer on the same network with Image Sync to make saving and organizing your images easier. Once your device is registered on the camera, simply press the Mobile Device Connect button for easy connection.
By connecting to a compatible smartphone with the Canon Camera Connect app using the Mobile Device Connect Button, you can browse and share images while still leaving the camera inside a bag. It is also possible to turn off the camera quickly and easily, directly from a smartphone. Once your camera is linked to your computer on the same wireless network, you can automatically transfer images to it, for easy saving and organizing of your photos. The Mobile Device Connect Button is great for quick and easy sharing from a fun day out with friends and family.
Simply Tap to Connect
Built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) for easy wireless connectivity
The PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera supports NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, eliminating the need to find and open the Canon Camera Connect app on your mobile device. Simply touch the NFC icon on your camera to your compatible Android device, and the Canon Camera Connect app will launch automatically for quick, easy sharing of your images. Built-in NFC technology also makes it simple to install the app. If the app hasn't been installed yet, once you touch the devices together for the first time, the download screen will display automatically.
Your One-Stop Image Management Solution
Compatibility with Canon Connect Station CS100 Device
The PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera is fully compatible with Canon's brand new photo and video storage device: the Canon Connect Station CS100. By simply tapping with NFC, photos and videos are wirelessly transferred to the Connect Station CS100 device where 1 TB of hard drive space (has the capacity for approximately 150,000 photos or approximately 70 hours of video content) and simple menus make them easy to store, manage and sort by albums, date or device name. From there, images and videos can be viewed in Full HD on an HDTV (via an HDMI cable), sent to compatible wireless printers, viewed/uploaded/downloaded on compatible smartphones and tablets or PCs, and shared with other Connect Station CS100 devices.
Rethink Photography with Creative Shot
Creative Shot mode
Not only is the PowerShot ELPH 350 HS a stylish powerhouse, the camera also enables you to easily create artistic images with Creative Shot mode. In Creative Shot mode, the camera captures the original composition and automatically produces and saves five additional variations by using advanced Canon technologies to apply any of 46 filter options based on the individual scene, subject and exposure. Filter choices are grouped into Retro, Monochrome, Special and Natural categories to make exploring the world of artistic photography fun and easy, or you can simply select Auto to access the full range of effects. With Creative Shot mode, the result is stunning artistic photos that are perfect for sharing.
Beautiful Images and Incredible Performance Start Here
20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
The PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera employs a 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, which delivers outstanding imaging performance and is optimized for use in compact cameras. Utilizing a sophisticated light-capturing design, it provides high sensitivity for improved high ISO capture with reduced noise. It is also designed to capture photos quickly, capable of rapidly capturing and moving image data to the processor, enabling faster continuous shooting and faster autofocus.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The Canon DIGIC 4+ Image Processor powers the PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera's functions and capabilities, including Hybrid Auto, Creative Shot, and Full HD video shooting. Its processing speed creates fast, responsive performance, for a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This significantly reduces noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations, and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor also allows for the integration of electronic Dynamic IS. This advanced system compensates for multiple motion types, effectively preventing angular blur, shift blur, and blur caused by parallel movement and tilt shift. The results are clear and sharp.
Canon HS SYSTEM helps provide excellent low-light performance
The slim, compact PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera gives you the power to capture beautifully detailed, naturally lit images even in low light - reducing the need for flash and the occasionally unwelcome effects it produces. That's because the camera's 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor works with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to create the Canon HS SYSTEM, specifically engineered for spectacular low-light performance. With the Canon HS SYSTEM, you'll experience excellent tracking performance even in low light, and achieve gorgeous still image quality at ISO speeds up to ISO 3200; beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas.
Capture Your Adventures in Stunning Full HD
Full HD Video
Gorgeous high definition video is yours throughout the camera's impressive zoom range, and starts immediately with a touch of the dedicated movie button. The PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera captures Full HD video, for notably smooth, lifelike quality that is truly at home even on a large screen HDTV. And now you can record in convenient MP4 format for the easiest online sharing.
Clear Viewing, Easy Shooting
3.0-inch High Resolution (461,000 dots) LCD
The large, 3.0-inch high-resolution LCD screen makes it easy to both frame and review your shots. A resolution of 461,000 dots helps makes even the smallest details clear, and images are viewable even from a wide angle, so showing others what you've captured is easy, too.
Perfect Zoom Shots Made Easy
Now, beautifully framed shots using the powerful 12x Optical Zoom are as easy as pressing the Auto Zoom button. With Auto Zoom, the camera automatically determines the correct size and framing by detecting the number of subjects. The system also detects faces that are too small, then zooms in to the proper length. Auto Zoom is a great feature for spontaneous everyday shooting, and especially useful for times when someone else (even a child) is using your camera, for instance at a tourist spot.
Remember the Day in Crisp HD
The PowerShot ELPH 350 HS camera features Hybrid Auto, which records up to four seconds of video every time you shoot a still image, then automatically joins the clips and pictures into a video that captures the essence of special days: vacations, important occasions, or any time you're shooting many shots in a day. With Hybrid Auto, this "highlight reel" is stunningly beautiful. Hybrid Auto automatically recognizes the scene and optimizes camera settings to capture the highest possible image quality. The resulting 720p HD video is properly exposed, crisp and steady.
A Smarter Camera Means Better Photos and Videos
Sophisticated Canon technology that makes getting that great shot as simple as pressing the shutter button, Smart AUTO automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. Detected scenes are analyzed using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. Smart AUTO also includes Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
-Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 12x Optical, 4x Digital and 48x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
Image Capture Device
- Type: 20.2 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS
- Total Pixels: Approx. 21.1 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 20.2 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 4.5 (W) - 54.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 25-300mm)
- Optical Zoom: 12x
- Digital Zoom: 4.0x
- Focusing Range: Auto: 0.4 in. (1cm) - infinity (W), 3.3 ft. (1m) - infinity (T), Normal: 2.0 in. (5cm) - infinity (W), 3.3 ft. (1m) - infinity (T), Macro: 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1-50cm) (W), Infinity: 9.8 ft. (3m) - infinity (W,T)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus, Manual Focus
- Optical Viewfinder: Not available
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch TFT Color LCD with wide-viewing angle
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 461,000 dots
- LCD Coverage: Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.6 (W), f/7.0 (T)
- Shutter Speed: 1 - 1/2000 sec., 15 - 1/2000 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 80-1600, In P Mode: Max ISO: 3200
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot
- Exposure Control Method: Manual Exposure, AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation: Still Images: ?2 stops in 1/3-stop increments, Videos: ?2 stops in 1/3-stop increments (not available during shooting)
- White Balance Control: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off, Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect.
- Flash Range: 1.6 ft. - 13 ft. (W), 3.3 - 6.6 ft. (T) (50cm - 4.0m (W), (1.0m - 2.0m (T)), Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.7 V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ?2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes: Auto, Hybrid Auto, P, Creative Shot, Portrait, Smart Shutter, High-Speed Burst, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter
- Photo Effects: My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color
- Self Timer: Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom
- Wireless Control: Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- Continuous Shooting: Normal: Approx. 2.6 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- Storage Media: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- JPEG Compression Mode: Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG), Video: MP4 (Image: H.264; Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels
1) 16:9 - Large: 4608 x 2592; Medium 1: 3264 x 1832; Medium 2: 1920 x 1080; Small: 640 x 360
2) 3:2 - Large: 4608 x 3072; Medium 1: 3264 x 2176; Medium 2: 2048 x 1368; Small: 640 x 424
3) 4:3 - Large: 4608 x 3456; Medium 1: 3264 x 2448; Medium 2: 2048 x 1536; Small: 640 x 480
4) 1:1 - Large: 3456 x 3456; Medium 1: 2448 x 2448; Medium 2: 1536 x 1536; Small: 480 x 480
- Full HD 1920 x 1080: 30 fps (29.97)
- HD 1280 x 720: 30 fps (29.97)
- Miniature Effect HD 1080 x 720: 6 fps / 3 fps / 1.5 fps
- Miniature Effect 640 x 480: 6 fps / 3 fps / 1.5 fps
- 640 x 480: 30 fps (29.97)
Number of Recordable Images
Note: SF=Superfine F=Fine
| ||16:9 ||3:2 ||4:3 ||1:1|
|File Size (KB) ||16GB ||File Size (KB) ||16GB ||File Size (KB) ||16GB ||File Size (KB) ||16GB|
|Large (L1) ||SF ||7,156 ||2,159 ||8,286 ||1,868 ||9,201 ||1,680 ||6,901 ||2,238|
|F ||4,483 ||3,421 ||5,114 ||3,017 ||5,633 ||2,729 ||4,225 ||3,625|
|Medium 1 (M1) ||SF ||3,847 ||3,982 ||4,361 ||3,520 ||4,785 ||3,217 ||3,589 ||4,262|
|F ||2,524 ||6,073 ||2,790 ||5,459 ||3,018 ||5,061 ||2,264 ||6,748|
|Medium 2 (M2) ||SF ||1,095 ||13,497 ||1,440 ||10,563 ||1,602 ||9,344 ||1,213 ||12,459|
|F ||604 ||24,296 ||793 ||18,689 ||893 ||16,755 ||668 ||22,087|
|Small (S) ||SF ||188 ||69,418 ||221 ||60,741 ||249 ||53,992 ||188 ||69,418|
|F ||113 ||97,186 ||133 ||80,988 ||150 ||80,988 ||113 ||97,186|
|Medium* (M) ||F ||N/A ||1,839 ||8,235 ||N/A|
* In High Speed Burst or Low Light
Time of Recordable Movies
*1 Using an SD Speed Class 10 / UHS-I compatible memory card (Recording stops automatically once the file size reaches 4 GB or the memory card becomes full. Recording may stop unexpectedly if a memory card with a low Speed Class is used.)
|Shooting Modes ||Pixels ||Frame Rate ||Movie Size (KB/sec.) ||Approximate Total Movie Time Recordable to 16 GB memory Card ||Single Clip Approx. Recording Time*1 ||Video Recording Bit Rate|
|Other than Below ||Full HD (1920 x 1080) ||30 fps*2 ||30 fps*2 ||3,742 ||1 hr. 08 min. 34 sec. ||29 min. 59 sec. ||Approx. 30 Mbps|
|HD (1280 x 720) ||30 fps*2 ||30 fps*2 ||1,056 ||3 hr. 58 min. 01 sec. ||29 min. 59 sec. ||Approx. 8 Mbps|
|VGA (640 x 480) ||30 fps*2 ||30 fps*2 ||450 ||8 hr. 25 min. 48 sec. ||1 hr. ||Approx. 3 Mbps|
|Miniature Effect ||HD (1280 x 720) ||6 fps (5x Speed) ||30 fps*2 ||205 ||20 hr. 15 min. 51 sec. ||29 min. 59 sec. ||?|
|3 fps (10x Speed) ||30 fps*2 ||102 ||39 hr. 03 min. 42 sec. ||29 min. 59 sec. ||?|
|1.5 fps (20x Speed) ||30 fps*2 ||51 ||72 hr. 32 min. 36 sec. ||29 min. 59 sec. ||?|
|VGA (640 x 480) ||6 fps (5x Speed) ||30 fps*2 ||84 ||46 hr. 54 min. 59 sec. ||1 hr. ||?|
|3 fps (10x Speed) ||30 fps*2 ||42 ||86 hr. 19 min. 35 sec. ||1 hr. ||?|
|1.5 fps (20x Speed) ||30 fps*2 ||21 ||148 hr. 50 min. 20 sec. ||1 hr. ||?|
*2 Actual frame rate is 29.97 fps.
Playback Modes File
- Stills & Videos: Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Image Advance (Transition Effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Slideshow (Repeat, Interval, Effect)
- Still Images: Single, Index (6-100 thumbnails), Magnification (2-10x), Information Display, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Resize, My Colors, Histogram, Overexposure Warning
- Videos: Normal Playback, Skip Backward, Previous Frame, Next Frame, Skip Forward, Displays playback position and shooting time
- Erase Modes: Select Image, Select Range, Select All Images
- The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
- Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie can be deleted.
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Audio Out:Monaural (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Other: SD memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Power Source: Battery Pack NB-11L/NB-11LH, AC Adapter Kit ACK-90
- Shooting Capacity: Approx. 185 shots, Approx. 250 shots in ECO Mode
- Playback Time: Approx.4 hours
- Operating Temperature: 32-104?F/0-40?C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 3.92 x 2.28 x 0.90 in. / 99.6 x 58.0 x 22.8mm
- Weight: 5.19 oz. / 147g (CIPA standard), 4.59 oz. / 130g (Body only)