THE SMARTEST TELESCOPE IN THE UNIVERSE!
A truly revolutionary product with ground breaking technology, SkyProdigy is the product of a culmination of decades of telescope advancements. It combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and StarSense technology to create an automatic, instant alignment telescope that requires no input from the user. Simply turn it on, push a button and enjoy the view! It's that easy.
The SkyProdigy's automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, then you will be ready to select from thousands of objects to view. Not sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!
No knowledge of the night sky is required. One touch innovation turns anyone into an instant astronomer!
Celestron's SkyProdigy telescopes use an integrated imaging camera and patented StarSense Technology to automatically align with the night sky and determine where the telescope is currently pointing. The camera automatically captures an image of the sky, which is processed internally to positively identify the stars in the image. Once a positive match is found, SkyProdigy determines the coordinates of the center of the captured image. The process is automatically repeated two more times so that the system has three known alignment points that can be used to make an accurate model of the night sky. From this information the user can select any celestial object in the hand controller's database, and SkyProdigy will automatically move itself to the correct position.
- Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope, aperture: 90 mm (3.54 in), focal length: 1250 mm (49.21 in), focal ratio: 13.89, finder scope: Star Pointer MOUNT: Motorized Altazimuth
- Sturdy Stainless Steel Tripod and Accessory Tray , CD-ROM The SkyX First Light Edition Astronomy Software Which Provides Education About the Sky
- Battery Pack Providing over 30 Hours of Power, Proven Computer Control Technology , Database Allows Telescope to Automatically Locate Over 4,000 Celestial Objects
- Proprietary Star Sense Technology Provides a Completely Automatic Alignment Process with No User Intervention Required
- Flash Upgradeable Hand Control Software for Downloading Product Updates Over the Internet, Fully Automatic Alignment Procedure
- Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Weight: 16 lbs (7.26 kg)
- Aperture: 90 mm (3.54 in)
- Focal Length: 1250 mm (49.21 in)
- Focal Ratio: 13.89
- Finderscope: StarPointer
- Mount: Motorized Altazimuth
- Eyepiece 1: 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Magnification 1: 50 x
- Eyepiece 2: 9 mm (0.35 in)
- Magnification 2: 139 x
- Accessory Tray: No Tool, Quick release
- Tripod: Steel
- CD ROM: The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software
- Highest Useful Magnification: 213 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.3
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.55 arcsec
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.29 arcsec
- Photographic Resolution: 400 line/mm
- Light Gathering Power: 165 x
- Angular Field of View: 1 Degree
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 53.5 ft (16.31 m)
- Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 1.7 in (43.18 mm)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 23 %
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 48 %
- Computer Hand Control: Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds: 3 Degrees/sec, 2 Degrees/sec, 1 Degree/sec, .5 Degree/sec, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az
- Alignment Procedures: StarSense Automatic Alignment, Solar System Align