Features and Design
Optimum performance for gaming, surfing and everything else.
- Multi-tasking processing: With 6th Gen Intel i7 Quad-Core processors, you'll have all the power you need to enjoy both gaming and entertainment.
- Stream and re-stream videos: The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M is your performance-class graphics card with 4GB GDDR5 discrete memory. This graphics powerhouse gives you high frame-per-second rates in games and accelerates video editing and transcoding.
- Marathon battery life: With a 6-cell 74Whr battery, expect 10+ hours of battery life to power your favorite games and videos without interruption. Combined with a 1 inch thin design and strong performance, this laptop makes it easy to take it all with you.
- Crystal clear sound: Waves MaxxAudio Pro provides audio controls and tuning that can create a bold soundstage for your favorite music and videos.
- Productivity and precision: The Windows 10 operating system powers your social media, news and more, and makes multitasking a snap. With a roomy, gesture-enabled precision touchpad, you can scroll, zoom, click and point with impressive accuracy and speed. And the included backlit keyboard makes it easy to type in low-light environments.
- Connectivity solutions: Save time on large file transfers between your laptop, external hard drives or networks with two USB 3.0 ports that can transfer data up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports. Inspiron 15 also includes HDMI and microphone ports, as well as an SD media card slot.
Designed for the real world-because that's where life happens.
We want you to love your new PC for years to come. That's why we test Inspiron laptops for reliability not just in the places where you expect it, but for the open road ahead.
- Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65 degree Celsius/ 149 degree Fahrenehit.
- Everything hinges on it: We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
- Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
- Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes.
- Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting an Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
- Always a good fit: You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 30 times, but you can rest easy knowing that we've tested even that.
- Processor: 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core (6M Cache, up to 3.5 GHz)
- Operating System: WinHome HighEnd 10 64 ENG
- Memory: 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx1)
- Video Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
- Hard Drive: 1TB 5400RPM Hybrid Hard Drive + 8GB Embedded Flash Cache
- Multimedia Drive: Optical Drive Not included
- Media Card Reader: 2-in1 Media Card Reader and USB 3.0
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth tied to wireless card
- Display: 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
- Fax/ Data Modem: HDMI - Yes
- Wireless Connectivity: Intel 3165AC + BT4.0 (802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Band 2.4 and 5 GHz, 1x1)
- Audio: Stereo speakers and subwoofer + MaxxAudio Pro
- Keyboard: Internal SP BL Keyboard, ENG
- Battery: 74WHr, 6-C (Int) 74 WHr, 6-Cell Battery (Integrated)
- Software 1: McAfee CB LiveSafe 30 Day Trial
- Software 2: MS Office Trial TOPK, MUI (OTRT13M)
- Software 5: Addl SW,INS,SMOD,Win10,US/CAN (INSW10)
- Disclaimer 3: Power Cord, US/ CAN
- Label: 130 Watt