Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
Immense power. Phenomenal speed. A remarkable combination of innovation and refinement. The EOS-1D X Mark II camera is nothing but legendary every step of the way. Building on a heritage of sophisticated innovation, the EOS-1D X Mark II is blazingly fast. Up to 14 fps (up to 16 fps in Live View mode) can be captured at a burst rate of up to 170 RAWs with a CFast card, and an improved 61-point AF system helps deliver clean, sharp images quickly, even in dim light. This remarkable speed means faster recording too: 4K video can be recorded at up to 60 fps with smooth AF and strikingly clear detail. Combined with superb low-light performance thanks to its powerful sensor and expandable ISO range, the EOS-1D X Mark II performs brilliantly, swiftly and stunningly no matter when or where the photographer is shooting. From the stadium, safari or studio to virtually everywhere in between, the EOS-1D X Mark II maintains and enhances all the hallmarks of what Canon has to offer, marking a new page in the legacy of the EOS series of cameras.
- Fastest shooting EOS-1D, capable of up to 14 fps full-resolution RAW or JPEG, and up to 16 fps in Live View mode with Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors.
- Achieves a maximum burst rate of up to 170 RAWs in continuous shooting at up to 16 fps, and 4K movies using CFast cards in the new CFast 2.0 slot.
- Experience less noise in higher ISO images via a 20.2 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, with an ISO range of 100-51200; expansion to ISO 409600.
- Improved AF performance through 61-point High Density Reticular AF II system with 41 cross-type points, improved center point focusing sensitivity to -3 EV and compatibility down to f/8.
- Accurate subject tracking for stills and video with new EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition AF with 360,000-pixel metering sensor.
- 4K video (4096 x 2160) up to 60 fps (59.94), with an 8.8-Megapixel still frame grab in camera. Full 1080p HD capture up to 120 fps for slow motion.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF & Movie Servo AF for high speed, high frame rate and continuous autofocus during video shooting.
- View and control high quality stills and videos via the 3.2-inch touch panel LCD with 1.62 million dots.
- Increased resolution and fine detail, with lens aberration correction and diffraction correction via new in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer technology.
- Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code via satellites.
- The optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A is compatible with IEEE 802.11ac/n/a/g/b, supporting both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands.
- Durable and rugged magnesium alloy body with dust- and-weather resistance for demanding shooting situations.
Up to 14 fps Full-resolution RAW or JPEG, Up to 16 fps in Live View Mode
Delivering outstanding performance at speeds of up to 14 fps, and up to 16 fps in Live View, the EOS-1D X Mark II camera is loaded with technologies that help facilitate speedy operation at every step of image capture. The EOS-1D X Mark II features a new mirror mechanism designed for highly precise operation with reduced vibration even at incredibly fast speeds. The shutter unit is rated for 400,000 frames and captures at up to 16 fps, while the CMOS sensor has high-speed signal reading that enables speedy image capture. A fast AF/AE system, Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors and high-speed recording with its CFast card slot helps ensure that camera operations are performed quickly and precisely.
Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors
Key to the performance benchmarks achieved by the EOS-1D X Mark II camera, Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors not only convert the light that passes through the camera's sensor into high-quality photos and movies, but also enhance the camera's overall performance. Improvements include high-speed processing, up to 16-fps operation for stills and 4K/60p movies, lens distortion and diffraction correction during operation with virtually no effect on the camera's speed, plus fast write times and much more.
Achieves a maximum burst rate of up to 170 RAWs in continuous shooting at up to 16 fps, and 4K movies using CFast cards in the CFast 2.0 slot.
The EOS-1D X Mark II camera can capture an incredible amount of images and movies with amazing speed. When recording to CFast 2.0 cards through its CFast card slot, the EOS-1D X Mark II can record up to 170 full-size RAW files, and JPEGs up to full card capacity at 16 fps. 4K/60p and Full HD/120p video can also be recorded with virtually no restriction, and with exFAT format support, movie files of larger than 4GB can be recorded without the need to merge files. Performance with CF cards through the camera's CF card slot is impressive as well: the EOS-1D X Mark II can capture up to 73 full-size RAW files and JPEGs up to full card capacity when recording to CF UDMA7 media.
20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
The EOS-1D X Mark II camera features a Canon-developed 20.2 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor that not only helps it record more pixels, but also includes gapless micro lenses for enhanced low-light performance. This results in noise reduction in dark portions of the image even at high ISO speeds, and increased sensitivity that contributes to the EOS-1D X Mark II's high-speed image capture rate, accelerating frame-to-frame performance as well as enabling 4K movies (60p/30p) and improved playback. The sensor is also Canon's first full-frame sensor to include Dual Pixel CMOS AF for high-speed, precise AF during Live View still and movie recording.
ISO Range of 100?51200; Expansion to ISO 409600
The EOS-1D X Mark II camera delivers high standard and expanded ISOs, and a score of options to enhance shooting in varied and fast-changing lighting situations. With a standard range of ISO 100?51200, the EOS-1D X Mark II is incredibly sensitive, and thanks to a high signal-to-noise ratio as well as powerful noise reduction, the EOS-1D X Mark II can shoot at expanded sensitivities down to ISO 50 (L) and up to 102400 (H1), 204800 (H2) and even 409600 (H3)! Beyond the obvious advantages of its wide ISO range, the EOS-1D X Mark II has automatic ISO settings, found on the dedicated ISO menu. Minimum and maximum ISO settings can be specified, as can a user-defined range, plus full auto and manual.
Improved AF Performance
The EOS-1D X Mark II camera incorporates a number of significant improvements to help deliver highly precise, reliable AF and AF tracking, both faster and available in more situations. It features a 61-point High Density Reticular AF II system with 41 cross-type points that expands the AF area approximately 8.6% in the top and bottom of the central AF area, and approximately 24% at the top and bottom of the peripheral frame. A wider subject tracking area improves the AF system so that challenging focus tracking in scenes with sudden changes of speed and subject position is easier than ever. The AF system's low-intensity limit has been improved to EV -3 and all 61 AF points are compatible down to f/8 for excellent low-light performance. The EOS-1D X Mark II's AF algorithm has also been improved: it's equipped with AI Servo AF III+, which remembers the AF path and helps refine precision. Whether choosing individual AF points manually, using the Large Zone AF area or any of the camera's automatic AF selection modes, the EOS-1D X Mark II is designed to exceed users' expectations for high-precision AF.
Improved Intelligent Viewfinder with Enhanced Visibility for AF Point Display
The EOS-1D X Mark II camera features a new Intelligent Viewfinder II for convenient composition and setting changes without taking an eye off the subject at hand. The camera's viewfinder can show significantly more information in the LCD display and presents AF points in red, increasing visibility in dark locations where AF is typically difficult and in situations where the ambient light makes the AF frame difficult to see. Features like the electronic level, a grid, flicker detection, white balance, metering mode, AF information and more can be glanced at easily without drawing attention away from the subject.
Accurate subject tracking for stills and video with EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition AF with 360,000-pixel metering sensor.
The EOS-1D X Mark II camera has an amazingly advanced 360,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor and processor that greatly contribute to the camera's impressive AF performance for both stills and video. Thanks to a high resolution and infrared sensitivity combined with a refined detection algorithm, this new sensor improves the color and shape recognition of the EOS-1D X Mark II's iSA (Intelligent Subject Analysis) system, increasing the camera's ability to recognize subjects for faster, more precise AF, metering and exposure compensation. This additional exposure and subject information also helps the EOS-1D X Mark II's iTR (Intelligent Tracking and Recognition) AF system maintain focus on a moving subject with a greater level of consistency.
4K video (4096 x 2160) up to 60 fps (59.94), with an 8.8-Megapixel still frame grab in camera. Full 1080p HD capture up to 120 fps for slow motion.
The EOS-1D X Mark II is an incredibly capable camera for moviemaking. Thanks to its Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors and its advanced sensor, it can capture huge 4K (Motion JPEG) video at up to 60 fps, recording smoothly to CFast cards. It's the first EOS camera able to record Full HD video at 120 fps, easily displaying minute details imperceptible to the human eye and ideal for slow-motion video capture. With the camera's new touch panel display, AF points can be easily selected while the camera's rolling, and focus can be quickly confirmed with the EOS-1D X Mark II's 4K still frame grab feature, wherein an 8.8-Megapixel still image can be selected for review and saved. Low-light performance is improved as well, with video recording at ISOs of up to 12800 in 4K and 25600 in Full HD. The EOS-1D X Mark II also features uncompressed HDMI output for Full HD videos, helping to facilitate video editing with minimal image degradation. Not to mention, it can also save videos as MP4s for easy playback on mobile devices.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF & Movie Servo AF for high speed, high frame rate and continuous autofocus during video shooting.
With significant improvements in AF operation, the EOS-1D X Mark II camera can be an indispensible and remarkably portable moviemaking tool. Continuous AF, even during 4K recording, is made easy thanks to the EOS-1D X Mark II's Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which is compatible with all Canon EF lenses. Focus points can be selected automatically, or specified on the camera's new touch panel LCD screen. Critical focus throughout the frame can be easily confirmed by enlarging stills grabbed from video recordings. The EOS-1D X Mark II's Movie Servo AF is compatible with all frame rates and resolutions, and can be customized to set tracking sensitivity, AF speed and even Face Tracking priority. These advanced features help make the EOS-1D X Mark II a truly versatile and convenient camera for 4K and Full HD moviemaking.
View and control high quality stills and videos via the 3.2-inch touch panel LCD with 1.62 million dots.
The EOS-1D X Mark II camera's 3.2-inch touch panel TFT LCD monitor has approximately 1.62 million dots, anti-reflective construction and features Canon's Clear View LCD II technology for bright, sharp display in any number of shooting situations. Its new touchscreen function allows AF point switching and image magnification during Live View shooting and movie shooting, providing convenient operation. The LCD monitor can be ideal for reviewing settings and images, as well as for shooting in Live View mode. In Live View, grid lines can be displayed in 9 sections, 24 sections or 9 sections with diagonals, as well as the dual-axis electronic level, which helps ensure accurate level by displaying both roll and pitch in 1-degree increments. For image review, the EOS-1D X Mark II has a dedicated Magnify/Reduce button. While pressing the button, zooming in or out (up to 10x) is achieved simply by turning the Main Dial. Images can be protected or erased quickly, individually or in batches, and slideshows can be created with some or all images and can be sequenced by date, folders, movies, stills, protection or rating. A feature guide can be accessed for the selected menu, providing detailed reference information when needed.
Increased resolution and fine detail, with lens aberration correction and diffraction correction via new in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer technology.
To combat any possible image degradation from lens aberration and diffraction, the EOS-1D X Mark II camera is equipped with a number of in-camera optical correction functions for clear and high-quality images. The EOS-1D X Mark II even stores lens aberration data, helping to eliminate the need to register lens data on previously released lenses, and correcting images with virtually no delay in-camera. The EOS-1D X Mark II not only corrects peripheral brightness and chromatic aberration, but also features distortion correction plus diffraction correction, which has been included for the first time in an EOS camera. Distortion correction helps resolve barrel and pincushion distortions, while diffraction correction virtually eliminates the blurring effects from diffraction that can be created when capturing an image at a small aperture. The camera's Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors help ensure these corrections can be made with virtually no effect on operational speed. In-camera RAW processing is also made fast and convenient with Canon's Digital Lens Optimizer, helping to improve image quality and giving photographers the ability to work confidently in more complex environments.
Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code via satellites.
Providing crucial location and time data, GPS has become an indispensible aspect of the professional workflow, especially for professionals who work on location and capture thousands of images each day. The EOS-1D X Mark II camera has GPS built in, helping photographers and filmmakers not only tag their images with critical location data, but also adjust the time and timestamp on the camera automatically. Thanks to built-in GPS, and Wi-Fi connectivity through the optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A accessory, the EOS-1D X Mark II can use both GPS and WFT (Wireless File Transfer) together, making it easy to upload a great amount of images both quickly and from increasingly far-flung locales. Offering compatibility with American GPS satellites, Russian GLONASS satellites and Japanese quasi-zenith satellites Michibiki, the EOS-1D X Mark II's GPS information is reliably accurate virtually anywhere you go.
The optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A is compatible with IEEE 802.11ac/n/a/g/b, supporting both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands.
The Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A, the EOS-1D X Mark II camera's optional accessory, provides both a fast throughput for image uploading and several new features that make dynamic wireless photography simple and fast. It has 5 GHz 802.11ac support for high-speed image transfer, a revamped user interface that enables speedy set-up and configuration of wireless networks and even compatible smartphone connection. Accommodating both iOS and Android devices, the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A makes it simple to use a smartphone as a remote control for still and video capture. It can even transfer recorded images back for viewing on the device's screen. The Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A is both compact and durable, with excellent dust- and water- resistance for unfettered operation in difficult environments.
Durable and rugged magnesium alloy body with dust- and-weather resistance for demanding shooting situations.
For professionals who demand nothing less than the best, the EOS-1D X Mark II camera is designed to perform superbly even in the most treacherous environments, every time. The body is constructed of rigid, high-strength magnesium alloy for rugged performance and features a grip design for easy finger placement and reduced hand fatigue. Its shutter has lightweight, carbon-fiber blades, and is rated to maintain up to 16 fps performance without compromise, for up to 400,000 cycles. The EOS-1D X Mark II and accessories like the new Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A have extensive gasketing for improved dust and water resistance, even at their connection points.
- Type: Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex camera
- Recording Media: CF Card (Type I; compatible with UDMA 7 CF cards) and CFast Card (CFast 2.0 supported)
- Image Format: Approx. 36 mm x 24mm (35 mm Full-frame)
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF Lenses (excluding EF-S and EF-M lenses)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF Mount
- Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate full-frame CMOS sensor
- Pixels: Approx. 20.2 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 21.5 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter: Fixed position in front of the image sensor
- Dust Deletion Feature: (1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit Self-cleaning can be done automatically when the power is turned on/off.During manual cleaning ([Clean now]), the data for light spot correction is also obtained.(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending. The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the EOS software to automatically erase the dust spots.(3) Manual cleaning
- Recording Format: Design Rule for Camera File System 2.0 and EXIF 2.3
- Image Format Still Image: JPEG, RAW (14 bit Canon Original), M-RAW, S-RAW, RAW+JPEG, M-RAW+JPEG, S-RAW+JPEG
- Image Format Video: MOV (4K Movie: Motion JPEG, Full HD Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264*; Audio: Linear PCM), MP4 (Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264*; Audio: AAC)
- File Size: Large: Approx. 20.0 Megapixels (5472 x 3648)M1: Approx. 12.7 Megapixels (4368 x 2912)M2: Approx. 8.9 Megapixels (3648 x 2432)Small: Approx. 5.0 Megapixels (2736 x 1824)RAW: Approx. 20.0 Megapixels (5472 x 3648)M-RAW: Approx. 11.2 Megapixels (4104 x 2736)S-RAW: Approx. 5.0 Megapixels (2736 x 1824)Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
- Recording Functions: Standard Recorded to the selected card.Auto switch cardWhen the current card becomes full, the camera switches to the other card automatically.Record separatelyThe CF card and CFast? card record the same image at a different image recording quality (L, M1, M2, S, RAW, M-RAW, S-RAW).Record to multipleBoth the CF card and CFast card record the same image at the same image recording quality (Also applies to RAW+JPEG).
- Backup Recording: N/A
- File Numbering: The following three types of file numbers can be set:Continuous numbering The numbering of captured images continues even after you replace the card.Auto resetWhen you replace the card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.Manual resetResets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording: One of three types of RAW images and one of four types of JPEG images can be recorded together.
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
- Settings: Auto (Ambience priority/White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom (Custom WB) 1-5, Color Temperature, PC-1-5 (Personal WB)
- Auto White Balance: Option between ambience priority and white priority settings
- Color Temperature Compensation: Blue/amber bias: +/-9 levels; Magenta/green bias: +/-9 levels
- Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
- Type: Eye-level pentaprism
- Coverage: Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally
- Magnification: Approx. 0.76x (-1m-1 with 50mm lens at infinity) / 35.1? angle of view
- Eye Point: Approx. 20mm (at -1m-1 from eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptric Adjustment Correction: -3.0 to +1.0 m-1 (diopter)
- Focusing Screen: Ec-C6 provided, can be changed to Ec-A, B or L
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror
- Viewfinder Information: AF area selection modeAF point informationArea AF frameSpot metering circleElectronic level (dedicated indicator) Grid Shooting mode Metering mode White balance Drive mode AF operation Flicker detection Warning symbolAF status indicator
- Depth Of Field Preview: Provided
- Type: TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points: Max. 61 points (Cross-type AF points: Max. 41 points) The number of AF points, cross-type AF points and dual cross-type AF points vary depending on the lens used.
- Focusing Modes: Autofocus, One-Shot AF, Predictive Al Servo AF (Al Servo AF III+)Manual focus
- AF Point Selection: Single-point Spot AF (Manual selection)Single-point AF (Manual selection)The checkmark cannot be removed from this option.AF point expansion (Manual selection, 4 points: Up, down, left and right)AF point expansion (Manual selection, surrounding 8 points)Zone AF (Manual zone selection)All AF points divided into nine focusing zones.Large Zone AF (Manual zone selection)All AF points divided into three focusing zones.AF point Auto selection AF
- AF Function Registration/Switching: Customizable with Custom Controls
- Selected AF Point Display: Superimposed display
- Active AF Point Indicator: Displayed in viewfinder areaDisplayed outside viewfinder area
- AF Assist Beam: When an external EOS-dedicated Speedlite is attached to the camera, the following options are available:EnableDisableEnable external flash only
- Metering Modes: 216-zone (18 x 12) metering with approx. 360,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor. The following metering modes selectable:Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)Partial metering (center, approx. 6.2% of viewfinder)Spot metering (center, approx. 1.5% of viewfinder)Center spot meteringAF point-linked spot metering (Custom Function)Linkable to all AF points.With automatic AF point selection, center spot metering will apply.Multi-spot meteringUp to eight multi-spot meter readings can be taken.Center-weighted average meteringThe selectable metering modes can be restricted (Custom Function).
- Metering Range: EV 0-20 (at 73 degrees F/23 degrees C, ISO 100, with evaluative metering)
- Exposure Control Systems: Program AE (Shiftable)Shutter-priority AE (Safety shift possible)Aperture-priority AE (Safety shift possible)Manual exposureThe metering mode can be specified.BulbThree custom shooting modes
- ISO Speed Range: Manual settingsFor [Highlight tone priority], the settable ISO speed range will be ISO 200?51200. ISO speed safety shift possible with a Custom Function. All the expanded ISO speeds, even for movies, are only "equivalent speeds." Auto settings
- Exposure Compensation: Manual: +/-5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop incrementsAEB: +/-3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments Indicated up to +/-3 stops on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder.
- AE Lock: Auto AE lockIn the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.Manual AE lockWith AE lock button in P, Av, Tv and M modes. (AE lock is updated each time you press the button.)Enabled in all metering modes.
- Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
- Shutter Speeds: 1/8000 to 30 sec., bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)X-sync at 1/250 sec.Shutter speed's control range can be set.
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer: 10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay
- EOS Dedicated Speedlite: E-TTL II autoflash with all EX Series Speedlites
- Zooming to Match Focal Length: Provided
- Flash Metering: E-TTL II autoflash
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/-3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- FE Lock: Provided
- External Flash Settings: External flash control, Flash firing, E-TTL II Flash metering, Flash sync. Speed in Av mode, Flash mode, Radio wireless flash shooting, Optical wireless flash shooting, ZoomSync setting, Flash exposure compensation, FEB, Clear settings, Flash Custom Function setting
- PC Terminal: Provided No polarity. Sync speed: Since the flash duration of studio flash units vary, set a sync speed within 1/125 sec. to 1/30 sec. and check if the flash sync works.* Both the accessory shoe (X-sync contact with maximum sync speed of 1/250 sec.) and the PC terminal can be used simultaneously for simultaneous flash firing.
- Drive Modes: Single shootingHigh-speed continuous shootingLow-speed continuous shootingSilent single shootingSilent high-speed continuous shootingSilent low-speed continuous shooting
- Continuous Shooting Speed: High-speed: Maximum 16 shots/sec.; Low-speed: Maximum 13 shots/sec.; Silent high-speed: Maximum 5 shots/sec.; Silent low-speed: Maximum 4 shots/sec.
- Maximum Burst: The maximum burst during continuous shooting is as follows: With "Full", continuous shooting is possible until the card becomes full.
Live View Functions
- Shooting Modes: Still photo and video recording
- Focusing: Dual Pixel CMOS AFDual Pixel CMOS AF is possible with all EF lenses.Manual focusMagnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
- Metering Modes: Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)Partial metering (approx. 6.5% of viewfinder)Spot metering (approx. 2.8% of viewfinder)Center-weighted average meteringAE lock possible. The active metering timer can be changed.
- Metering Range: EV 0?20 (at 73 degrees F/23 degrees C, ISO 100, with evaluative metering)
- Grid Display: Off3x36x43x3+diag
- Exposure Simulation: Same as with viewfinder shooting
- Silent Shooting: Provided
- File Format: MOV (4K Movie: Motion JPEG, Full HD Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264; Audio: Linear PCM), MP4 (Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264; Audio: AAC); Internal monaural microphone; External stereo microphone jack available
- File Size: 4096 x 2160 (4K); 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
- Frame Rates: [4096 x 2160]: 59.94fps / 50.00fps / 29.97 fps/ 25.00fps / 24.00fps / 23.98fps; [1920 x 1080]: 119.9fps / 100.0fps / 59.94fps / 50.00fps / 29.97fps / 25.00fps / 24.00fps / 23.98fps
- Continuous Shooting Time: MOV Format; MP4 Format
- Focusing: Dual Pixel CMOS AFManual focus Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually (not possible during movie shooting).
- Exposure Control
- Exposure Compensation: Up to +/-3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 3.2-inches
- Pixels: Approx. 1.62 million dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally; Viewing angle: Approx. 170? vertically and horizontally
- Brightness Control: 7 levels provided
- Interface Languages: 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- Display Format
- Highlight Alert: On the single-image display, highlight areas without any image information will blink.
Image Protection and Erase
- Protection: Erase protection can be applied or canceled for a single image, all images in a folder or all images in the card.
- Erase: Erase a single image, selected images, all images in a folder, all images in a card or erase only unprotected images.
- Compatible Printers: N/A (Direct printing not possible)
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
- DPOF: Version 1.1 compatible
Direct Image Transfer
- Compatible Images: JPEG images, RAW images and movies; RAW+JPEG images can be transferred JPEG only, RAW only or RAW+JPEG. If JPEG or RAW images are appended with a voice memo, the voice memo file will also be transferred.
- Custom Functions: Total 34
- Camera User Settings: Current camera settings can be registered to C1, C2 and C3 on the Mode Dial. Automatic updating of the registered settings can be set to Enable or Diable.
- My Menu Registration: Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered. Up to five My Menu tabs can be added.
- USB Terminal: SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0)For computer communicationImage transferFor Connect Station CS100 connection
- Video Out Terminal: AV/OUT terminal not provided.HDMI mini OUT terminal is Type C (Resolution switches automatically) / CEC compatible.The correct video format of [NTSC] or [PAL], matching the connected TV, must be set or the video image will not appear.
- Extension System Terminal: For connection to WFT-E8A and WFT-E6A
- Battery: Battery Pack LP-E19 (or LP-E4N, LP-E4) x1With the AC Adapter + DC Coupler, AC power of possible.
- Number of Shots: Approx. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
- Battery Check: Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned ON.
- Power Saving: Power turns off after the set time (1, 2, 4, 8, 15 or 30 min.) of non-operation elapses.
- Date/Time Battery: Built-in secondary batteryWhen fully charged, the date/time can be maintained for approx. one month.Recharge time: approx. 8 hr.To become capable to maintain the right date/time for one month after main battery power exhaustion.
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards) Excluding the recognition time for genuineness (genuine Canon battery) at the installation of the battery. Start-up time becomes longer with a battery being used for the first time with the very camera.
Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 6.22 x 6.60 x 3.25 in. / 158.0 x 167.6 x 82.6mm
- Weight: Approx. 53.97 oz. / 1530g (Based on CIPA guidelines); Approx. 47.27 oz. / 1340g (Body only, without battery, cards, body cap or eyecup)
- Working Temperature Range: 32-113 degrees F/0-45 degrees C
- Working Humidity Range: 85% or less