Sleek and Slim with a Powerful Zoom.
Along with its impressively slim profile and stylish new design, the PowerShot SX610 HS camera boasts a powerful array of advanced capabilities. The 18x Optical Zoom gives you excellent versatility, while Intelligent IS helps ensure virtually shake-free images at any zoom length, and Auto Zoom helps you frame your subject and keep it in focus. Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC make this a great camera to have with you all day long: send images and video to compatible mobile devices and your computer, share directly with select social networking sites, shoot remotely with your smartphone or tablet and more. Image quality is beautifully sharp and resonant, even when you're shooting in low light, thanks to the 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4+ Image Processor, which together create the Canon HS SYSTEM. And just press the dedicated movie button to capture vividly lifelike 1080p Full HD video. For documenting and sharing your life, the PowerShot SX610 HS camera is the perfect partner.
18x Optical Zoom - The powerful 18x Optical Zoom range (35mm equivalent: 25?450mm) on the PowerShot SX610 HS camera is ideal for capturing memories of kids' achievements on the sporting field, recitals, plays and concerts ? all those times when your access to the action is limited. From landscapes and wildlife to city scenes and more, this camera has you covered ? all while fitting in your pocket. Zooming action is quick and precise, and genuine Canon optics help ensure brilliant clarity. Chromatic aberration is compensated across the entire range, and the lens's high optical resolving power works with the camera's high-resolution sensor and advanced image stabilization systems to produce clear, sharp, beautifully detailed images at any zoom length.
Intelligent IS - It's easy to capture clear, steady images, even in low light without using a tripod. That's because the camera is equipped with Canon's innovative Intelligent IS. The system automatically analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation ? allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system selects from Normal IS, Panning IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Tripod modes. When shooting video, the system selects from Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and active Tripod IS modes. Icons clearly mark the image stabilization mode, whether you're shooting still images or video.
- 18x Optical Zoom (25-450mm) helps facilitate versatility while maintaining outstanding optical performance, along with Intelligent IS to help optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images in a wide variety of conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows wireless transferring of images and video to compatible mobile devices, select social networking sites and your Wi-Fi enabled computer, and lets you remotely shoot using your compatible smartphone or tablet, while built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) allows quick and simple pairing to a compatible Android device.
- Compatibility with the Canon Connect Station CS100 device enables you to wirelessly transfer images for storage via NFC and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- 20.2 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps provide excellent low-light performance.
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video with a dedicated movie button.
- Large 3.0-inch LCD with a screen resolution of 922,000 dots allows easy viewing even from a wide angle.
- Creative Shot mode uses composition, color and lighting from your original image to create unique images with an artistic flair.
- Hybrid Auto records quick video clips before each still and compiles them together to make a short highlight reel, while Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on predefined shooting situations to help you create the best possible image.
- Enable the Auto Zoom feature and your camera will automatically zoom in to help frame your subject and help it to remain in focus.
Type - 20.2 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS
Total Pixels - Approx. 21.1 Megapixels
Effective Pixels - Approx. 20.2 Megapixels
Focal Length - 4.5 (W) - 81.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 25-450mm)
Optical Zoom - 18x
Digital Zoom - 4.0x
Focusing Range - Normal/Auto: 2.0 in. (5cm) - infinity (W), 3.3 ft. (1m) - infinity (T), Macro: 2.0 in. - 1.6 ft. (5-50cm) (W), Infinity: 9.8 ft. (3m) - infinity (W, T)
Autofocus System - TTL Autofocus, Manual Focus
Optical Viewfinder - Not available
LCD Monitor - 3.0-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle (4:3)
LCD Pixels - Approx. 922,000 dots
LCD Coverage - Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
Maximum Aperture - f/3.8 (W), f/6.9 (T)
Shutter Speed - 1-1/2000 sec., 15-1 sec. (Long Shutter mode)
Sensitivity - Auto, ISO 80-3200
Light Metering Method - Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot
Exposure Control Method - Manual Exposure, Program Shift, Safety Shift, AE Lock
Exposure Compensation - Still Images: +/- 2 stops in 1/3-stop increments, Videos: +/- 2 stops in 1/3-stop increments (not available during shooting)
White Balance Control - Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
Built-in Flash - Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
Flash Range - 1.6 ft. - 11 ft. (W), 3.3 - 6.6 ft. (T) (50cm - 3.5m (W), (1.0m - 2.0m (T))
Recycling Time - 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.7 V)
Flash Exposure Compensation - Not Available
Shooting Modes - Auto, Hybrid Auto, P, Creative Shot, Portrait, Smart Shutter, High-Speed Burst, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter
Photo Effects - My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color
Self Timer - Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom
Wireless Control - Wi-Fi and NFC
Continuous Shooting - Normal: Approx. 2.5 shots/sec. (in Auto/P mode) --Approx. 7.2 shots/sec. (in High Speed Burst mode)
Storage Media - SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
File Format - Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
Image Recording Format - Superfine / Fine
JPEG Compression Mode - Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG), Video: MP4 (Image: H.264; Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC (Monaural))
Playback Modes File
Stills & Videos: Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Image Advance (Transition Effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Slideshow (Repeat, Interval, Effect)
Still Images: Single, Index (6-100 thumbnails), Magnification (2-10x), Information Display, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Resize, My Colors, Histogram, Overexposure Warning
Videos: Normal Playback, Skip Backward, Previous Frame, Next Frame, Skip Forward
Erase Modes - Select Image, Select Range, Select All Images
Video Out - Analog: NTSC or PAL, Digital: HDMI (HMDI micro connector)
Audio Out - Monaural (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
Other - SD memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
Power Source - Battery Pack NB-6L/NB-6LH, AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC40
Shooting Capacity - Approx. 270 shots, Approx. 400 shots in ECO Mode
Playback Time - Approx. 5 hours
Operating Temperature - 32-104-degrees F/0-40-degrees C
Operating Humidity - 10-90%
Dimensions (W x H x D) - 4.15 x 2.40 x 1.05 in. / 105.3 x 61.0 x 26.7mm
Weight - 6.74 oz. / 191g (CIPA standard), 5.89 oz. / 167g (Body only)