Canon EOS Rebel T5i Camera Body
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III Lens
Compact Deluxe SLR Camera Bag
Neoprene SLR Strap
HDMI to Micro-HDMI Gold Audio/Video Cable (6 ft/1.8m)
Replacement Battery Pack LP-E8
Professional Blower - Dust Removal System
Professional Wrist Grip Strap
57-Inch Full Size Tripod
58mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter Kit (Set of 3 + Carrying Case)
0.43x Wide Angle 58mm Lens
2.2x Telephoto 58mm Lens
3 Piece Cleaning Kit
Memory Card Wallet
Dare to Dream - Video Creator Kit
Canon believes in your passion, creativity, and art. Your voice and vision, seen and heard however you want. The Video Creator Kit gives you the tools to make your dreams into reality. Vibrat, Full HD results set your videos apart from the crowd, and a Vari-angle Touch Screen helps make selfies easy. What's more, quiet STM lenses help capture only the sound you want. Together, dare to dream.
Your Talent. Canon Technology.
The Video Creator Kit is a complete package for making professional quality videos, thanks to the detail of Full HD resolution, the clear sound of a RODE microphone and more.
With Full HD 1080p resolution, capture every texture and detail with precise clarity, in vibrant color.
You can mount and connect the bundled RODE VideoMic GO to help record clearer dialog and music and keep them from getting lost in the noise of the environment.
The 3.0" Vari-angle Touch Screen LCD lets you quickly change settings like aperture and shutter speed. You can also rapidly select the focus point even during video recording, and take a picture or begin recording with just a single tap.
The Vari-angle Touch Screen LCD also swivels and pivots to let you see what you're capturing, even when you're taking selfies or tough shots. Hold the camera high to get the whole crowd, or down low for a dog's eye view of nature.
Featuring Full HD and a Vari-angle LCD, the EOS Rebel T5i is suited for beginner video creators and photographers.
Renew Your Creative Soul.
Photo enthusiasts rejoice! The new flagship of the spectacular Rebel Line, the EOS Rebel T5i, is here to renew your artistic side with amazing imaging features and full-featured functionality. Users will be impressed at how simple and intuitive it is to create breathtaking photos with ease. The incredible image quality and performance starts with an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and Canon's superb DIGIC 5 Image Processor. Combined with an extensive ISO range of 100-12800 (expandable to 25600 in H mode), the EOS Rebel T5i boasts crisp, detailed images, even in low-light situations. A continuous shooting speed of up to 5.0 fps allows for fast action capture. 9 cross-type AF focus points help ensure crisp focus throughout the frame, and the Hybrid CMOS AF system enables speedy and accurate autofocus when shooting in Live View mode. In addition, the camera is compatible with Canon STM lenses for smooth, quiet AF performance. And the performance doesn't stop with photos. EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF makes shooting high quality movies easy, and the brilliant Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II makes composing fun. Seven Creative Filters, now viewable in real time, puts composition control directly in your hands and is just one of the many features of the EOS Rebel T5i that is sure to renew your creative soul.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H: 25600) for shooting from bright to dim light and high performance DIGIC 5 Image Processor for exceptional image quality and speed.
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture the action.
- 9-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point) for exceptional autofocus performance when shooting with the viewfinder and Hybrid CMOS AF increases autofocus speed when shooting photos and movies in Live View.
- EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p), built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment, and Video Snapshot with editing for expanded movie shooting options.
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately 1,040,000 dots) with smudge-resistant coating features multi-touch operation and Touch AF for an easy and intuitive experience, flexible positioning, and clear viewing even when outdoors.
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode delivers expertly optimized photos and offers improved scene detection for amazing results when shooting at night.
- Expand your creativity with advanced imaging features like Handheld Night Scene mode, HDR Backlight Control mode, and seven Creative Filters that can be displayed in real time during Live View shooting.
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction provides outstanding noise reduction while preserving precious detail at high ISO speeds.
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) cards.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
- Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera with built-in flash
- SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card
- Compatible with Ultra High Speed (UHS-I) memory cards and Eye-Fi cards.
- Approx. 22.3mm x 14.9mm (APS-C)
- Canon EF lenses (including EF-S lenses)
- Canon EF mount
- CMOS Sensor
- Effective pixels: Approx. 18.0 megapixels
- 4.3 ?m square
- Total pixels: Approx. 18.50 megapixels
- 3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
Color Filter System
- RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter
- Fixed position in front of the image sensor
Dust Deletion Feature
(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter. Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking approx. 2 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking approx. 5 sec.).
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
(3) Manual cleaning
- Complies with Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.30
(1) Large: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184 x 3,456)
(2) Medium: Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3,456 x 2,304)
(3) Small 1: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2,592 x 1,728)
(4) Small 2: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
(5) Small 3: Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
(6) RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184 x 3,456)
- The following three types of file numbering method can be set:
(1) Continuous numbering
- The numbering of captured images will continue even after you replace the camera's card.
(2) Auto reset
- When you replace the camera's card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
(3) Manual reset
- Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording
- sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
- In Basic Zone modes, "Auto" is set automatically.
- In Creative Zone modes, you can select or set the Picture Style.
- Default settings for [User Defined 1-3] are [Auto].
- Auto, Preset (Daylight; Shade; Cloudy, Twilight, Sunset; Tungsten light; White Fluorescent Light; Flash), Custom (Approx. 2,000? - 10,000?K), White Balance Correction, and White Balance Bracketing
Auto White Balance
- Auto white balance with the image sensor
Color Temperature Compensation
- White balance correction: Blue/amber bias: ?9 levels, Magenta/green bias: ?9 levels
- Correction based on the current WB mode's color temperature.
Color Temperature Information Transmission
- Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentamirror)
- Approx. 95% vertically and horizontally (with Eye point approx. 19mm)
- Approx. 0.85x / 23.8? (50mm lens 8, -1 m-1)
- Approx. 19 mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
- -3.0 to +1.0 m-1 (dpt)
- Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
1) AF information (AF points and focus confirmation light)
2) Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle, exposure warning)
3) Flash information (Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light)
4) Image information (Highlight tone priority (D+), monochrome shooting, maximum burst (1-digit display), white balance correction, SD card information)
Depth Of Field Preview
- Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
- TTL secondary image-forming, phase-difference detection
- 9 points (All AF points are cross-type at f/5.6., Center AF point is diagonal cross-type at f/2.8.)
AF Working Range
- EV -0.5 - 18 (at room temperature and ISO 100, based on Canon's testing standards)
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF (Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF)
(2) Manual focus (MF)
AF Point Selection
(1) Manual selection
(2) Auto selection
- Automatically set in Basic Zone modes.
Selected AF Point Display
- Indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor.
AF Assist Beam
(1) Intermittent firing of built-in flash
(2) Effective range: Approx. 13.2 ft. / 4m at center, approx. 11.5 ft. / 3.5m at periphery
- With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist beam is emitted instead.
- Compatible with assist-beam (intermittent firing) of 270EX II, 320EX, and 270EX flashes.
- TTL maximum aperture metering with 63-zone metering sensor:
1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
2) Partial metering (center, approx. 9% of viewfinder)
3) Spot metering (center, approx. 4% of viewfinder)
4) Center-weighted average metering
- EV 1.0 - EV 20.0 (at 73?F/23?C with 50mm f/1.8 II lens at ISO 100)
Exposure Control Systems
(1) Program AE (shiftable)
(2) Shutter-priority AE
(3) Aperture-priority AE
(4) Manual exposure (including bulb)
(1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable)
(2) Flash Off
(3) Creative Auto
- When background blurring is set, shooting with flash is disabled. When the flash is raised, background blurring cannot be set.
(8) Special Scene
- Night Portrait
- Handheld Night Scene
- HDR Backlight Control mode
ISO Speed Range
1. Manual setting range of ISO 100-12800, expansion to ISO 25600
2. Auto, ISO 100-6400 (in whole-stop increments)
- Manual: ?5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments (AEB ?2 stops)
- AEB : ?2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- If the exposure compensation exceeds ?2 stops, the left or right icon appears in the viewfinder.
- Manual exposure compensation and AEB can be set in combination.
- AEB is set in the following sequence: Standard exposure, decreased exposure, and increased exposure.
- If AEB is used with the self-timer, the three bracketed shots will be taken in succession after the 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay.
(1) Auto AE lock
- In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
(2) Manual AE lock
- In the P, Tv, Av, and M modes, enabled with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.)
- Enabled in all metering modes.
- Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
- Electronic 1st curtain and mechanical 2nd curtain
- 1/4000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec. (Scene Intelligent Auto), With a wide-angle lens, the shutter may be 1/60 sec. or slower.
-1/4000 to 30 sec., bulb, X-sync at 1/200 sec, Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
Shutter Lag Time
(1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.075 sec.
(2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.150 sec.
- Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3 stops or less. Excludes AF operation time.
- E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering), FE Lock
Flash Exposure Compensation
- ?2 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
External Flash Settings
(1) External flash function setting
- Flash firing, E-TTL II auto flash system, flash mode, wireless master, zoom, sync setting, flash exposure compensation, FEB, and clear setting.
- With the 600EX-RT, radio wireless transmission control is possible.
(2) External flash C.Fn setting
- The actual setting options for (1) and (2) will differ depending on the Speedlite used.
- Not Provided
- Single, Continuous, 10-sec. self-timer/Remote control, 2-sec. self-timer, Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer (2 to 10 shots)
Continuous Shooting Speed
- High-speed continuous shooting: Max. approx. 5.0 fps
- With One-Shot AF or AI Servo AF
Based on 8GB memory Card:
- JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 22 Shots
- RAW: Approx. 6 Shots
- RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 3 Shots
Based on 8GB UHS-I memory card:
- JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 30 Shots
- RAW: Approx. 6 Shots
- RAW + JPEG Large/Fine: 3 Shots
- Figures are based on Canon's testing standards (ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style).
- At ISO 12800, maximum burst will greatly decrease due to internal processing.
Live View Functions
- Still photo shooting and video shooting
(1) AF operation of the Hybrid CMOS AF, One-shot AF
i. Face Detection plus Tracking AF
ii. FlexiZone - Multi (31 zones, AF at the touched zone)
iii. FlexiZone - Single
(2) TTL secondary image-forming, phase-difference detection with AF operation, One-shot AF
i. Manual selection
ii. Auto selection (Automatically set in Basic Zone modes)
(3) Manual focus (Manual focusing by enlarging images by approx. five to ten times)
- Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor.
(1) Evaluative metering (315 zones)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 8.8% of Live View screen)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 2.8% of Live View screen)
(4) Center-weighted average metering (AE lock possible. The active metering time can be changed.)
- EV 0 to EV 20 (At 23?C/73?F, 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 100)
- Two grids provided:
(1) Grid 1: Pair of vertical and horizontal lines
(2) Grid 2: 5 vertical and 3 horizontal lines
- Not provided
- Movie: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 (Variable (average) bit rate)
- Audio: Linear PCM (Meta information is embedded in the MOV file (no separate THM file))
Record- ing Size:
[Full HD] 1920 x 1080 (30 fps 1/25 fps/24 fps 2): 330 MB/min.
[HD] 1280 x 720 (60 fps 3/50fps): 330 MB/min.
[SD] 640 x 480 (30 fps 1/25fps): 82.5 MB/min.
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p
- 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
- 640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
Continuous Shooting Time
Based on 8GB Memory Card
[1920 x 1080] 30 fps/25 fps/24 fps: 22 min.
[1280 x 720] 60 fps/50 fps: 22 min.
[640 x 480] 30 fps/25 fps: 1 hr. 32 min.
Based on 16GB Memory Card
[1920 x 1080] 30 fps/25 fps/24 fps: 44 min.
[1280 x 720] 60 fps/50 fps: 44 min.
[640 x 480] 30 fps/25 fps: 3 hr. 04 min.
(1) One-shot AF
(2) Servo AF
(3) Manual Focus (Magnify the image by approx. 5x or appox. 10x and focus manually.)
- AF using AF point selection:
i. Face Detection plus Tracking AF
ii. FlexiZone - Multi (31 zones, AF at the touched zone)
iii. FlexiZone - Single
- 8 bit, 0 - 255
(1) Program AE for movie shooting
- In Basic Zone modes, P, Av, and Tv modes
- Shutter speed 1/30 - 1/4000 sec. (Signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed automatically set.
(2) Manual exposure
- Shutter speed (signal accumulation time), aperture, and ISO speed (auto/manual) manually set. The shutter speed (signal accumulation time) is limited to 1/4000 sec. at the maximum and to 1/30 sec. at the minimum for 24/25/30 fps or 1/60 sec. or higher for 50/60 fps.
- Provided (?3 stops in 1/3-stop increments)
- For video, exposure compensation will not be applied beyond ?3 stops even if the exposure compensation has been set beyond ?3 stops.
- For still photo shooting, the exposure compensation can be set and applied up to ?5 stops.
- TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor with Touch Panel LCD (capacitive type)
- Wide 3.0-inch (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
- 7.7cm diagonal (6.37cm wide, 4.25cm high)
- Approx. 1,040,000 dots
- Approx. 100%
- Adjustable to one of seven levels
- Anti-smudge coating
- 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
(1) Single image display
- Single image, basic information, detailed information, histogram display
(2) Index display
- 4/9/36/100 images
(3) Jump display (Image jump w/ Main Dial)
- 1/10/100 images, shooting date, by folder, movies only, stills only, by rating
- On the detailed information and histogram displays, highlight areas with no image data will blink.
- Brightness / RGB
Quick Control Function
- When you press the Quick Control function button under the following conditions, you can set the functions below (The settable functions depend on the shooting mode):
(1) With viewfinder shooting:
Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, exposure compensation, AEB, flash exposure compensation, Picture Style, white balance, Auto Lighting Optimizer, built-in flash func. setting, AF mode, drive mode, metering mode, and image recording quality.
(2) With Live View shooting:
AF mode, drive mode, white balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer, image-recording quality, and built-in flash func. setting.
(3) With video shooting:
AF mode, white balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer, image recording quality (stills), video-recording size, and video snapshot.
Image Protection and Erase
- Erase protection can be applied/canceled for a single image, all images in a folder, or all images on the card.
- Erase single image, erase selected images, erase all images in folder, erase all images on a card, or erase only unprotected images.
- PictBridge-compatible printers
- RAW, JPEG, and RAW+JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
- Complies to DPOF Version 1.1
Direct Image Transfer
- Not Provided
- Eight Custom Functions with 24 settings settable with the camera
- Not Provided
My Menu Registration
- Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered
- For personal computer communication and PictBridge (Hi-Speed USB)
- Audio (stereo)/video (NTSC/PAL) output
- To connect a GP-E2 GPS Receiver
Video Out Terminal
- Type C (Switches automatically to suit the resolution)
- Video output: 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 480/60p, 576/50p
- Switches automatically to 1, 2, 3, or 4 to suit the TV
Extension System Terminal
- Not Provided
- One Battery Pack LP-E8
- With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8, AC power is possible.
- With Battery Grip BG-E8, it is possible to use two Battery Pack LP-E8 units
- Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON.
- Battery level indicated in one of four levels on LCD monitor.
- Power turns off after the set time of non-operation elapses
- [Auto power off] settable to 30 sec., 1 min., 2 min., 4 min., 8 min., 15 min. or disable
- Built-in secondary battery
- It is not replaceable by the user. It recharges when LP-E8 is loaded or when the AC adapter is connected. Without any recharging, the backup battery can maintain the date/time for approx. 3 months. The backup battery takes approx. 8 hours to be fully recharged.
- Approx. 0.1 sec. (based on CIPA testing standards)
Dimensions and Weight
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Kit: 7.6 x 8.9 x 10.9 in.
- Approx. 5.2 x 3.9 x 3.1 in.
- Approx. 133.1 x 99.8 x 78.8mm
- Kit: 86.58 oz.
- Approx. 20.5 oz. / 580g (CIPA standard)
- Approx. 18.5 oz. / 525g (Body only)
- 1 Year Warranty
Working Temperature Range
Working Humidity Range
- 85% or less
- All data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method. Subject to change without notice.
Designed for high-quality still image and video capture while being compact and lightweight, the new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens features the optics, AF and image stabilization necessary for shooting in any number of situations. For brilliant image quality it has one high-precision aspheric lens to reduce chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range. It features optimized lens coatings to ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare and a 7-blade circular aperture to ensure beautiful, soft backgrounds. For outstanding performance, the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens perfectly complements the Movie Servo AF feature found on select EOS Cameras with a compact six-group zoom system and a new stepping motor and focus mechanism to deliver smooth and quiet continuous AF during movie shooting. Still photography benefits from a high-speed CPU and an optimized AF algorithm. Full-time manual focus is available in AF mode and the front element does not rotate during focus, perfect for use with polarizing filters. Handheld photography is enhanced by the lens' Optical Image Stabilizer system, offering the equivalent of four stops of compensation. Compact and highly versatile, it is the ideal lens to carry anywhere.
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
- 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6
- 13 elements in 11 groups
Diagonal Angle of View
- 74? 20' - 27? 50'
- Inner focusing system
Closest Focusing Distance
- 0.82 ft. / 0.25m
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
- 2.7 x 3.0 inches, approx. 7.2 oz. /69.0 x 75.2mm, approx. 205g