- Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Camera
- 64GB SDXC Class 10 High Speed Memory Card
- Ultra-Compact Digital Camera Deluxe Carrying Case
- NB-11L Camera Battery
- Card Reader
- Mini Tripod
- Screen Protectors
- 3 Piece Cleaning Kit
- Memory Card Wallet
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
For those wanting a simple way to capture moments with family, friends and more, the slim, stylish PowerShot ELPH 180 camera has easy-to-use features to help create photos that are as stunning as you want. The 8x Optical Zoom lets you get close to the action, while the 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor help produce vibrant, clear images to share or print. Take more than just still images, with the ability to record movies at 720p HD. For added convenience, Smart AUTO figures out suitable settings for what you're photographing so you don't have to worry about finding a picture mode yourself. To help reduce the effects of camera shake, Digital IS helps keep blur to a minimum. On top of that, the Auto Zoom feature can automatically close in on your subject and keep it in focus for easy shooting.
8x Optical Zoom helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera features an 8x Optical Zoom so more shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility that the wide 28?224mm (35mm equivalent) shooting range offers. Plus, the wide-angle lens captures an expansive image in each shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images will be bright and clear.
20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality.
20.0 Megapixel Sensor
With the PowerShot ELPH 180 camera's 20.0 Megapixels of resolution, your images are rich and clear, with textures and tiny details faithfully reproduced even at the long end of the 8x Optical Zoom. This high level of resolution can be ideal for creating large prints, and allows you the flexibility to blow up and crop any section of an image to express your creativity.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor features accelerated processing speed to create fast, responsive performance, giving you a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by up to 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This helps significantly reduce noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
Capture 720p HD video.
Using the slim PowerShot ELPH 180 camera, you can shoot high-definition video when you want, where you want. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to quickly record moments in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special memories.
Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations.
Getting that great shot can be as simple as pressing the shutter button on the PowerShot ELPH 180 camera. Smart AUTO automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject and analyzes them using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to help facilitate incredible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
Digital IS helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement.
Sometimes even the steadiest of hands can move a little, and during night photos or when zoomed in close, even a small shudder can blur a photo. Digital IS on the PowerShot ELPH 180 camera analyzes the image in order to electronically remove blur and fuzzy edges, helping to ensure you get a clear picture.
Scene Modes such as Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome provide creative freedom to capture your photos.
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera provides shooting modes that can easily give your shots a distinctly artistic feel without the need for any extra lenses and filters. You can make a quirky portrait using the Fisheye Effect or add a beautiful single-tone effect with Monochrome. Toy Camera Effect simulates a vintage look as if capturing the photo using a ?toy? or pinhole camera.
Enable the Auto Zoom feature and your camera will automatically zoom in to help frame your subject and help keep it in focus.
Now, beautifully framed shots using the powerful 8x Optical Zoom are as easy as pressing the Auto Zoom button. With Auto Zoom, the camera automatically determines the correct size and framing by detecting the number of subjects. The system also detects faces that are too small, then zooms in to the proper length. Auto Zoom is a great feature for spontaneous everyday shooting, and especially useful for times when someone else (even a child) is using your camera, for instance at a tourist spot.
ECO Mode helps reduce power consumption for longer battery life.
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera features ECO Mode to help provide a high number of shots per single charge through LCD monitor and camera power management. The mode can be activated via a dedicated button for easy power preservation when you are out for the day or the moment is too important to put the camera down. ECO Mode quickly wakes the camera from sleep when a button is pressed so you won't miss the moment.
Help Button provides simple explanations and easy control of your settings.
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, even for beginners. A Help Button on the camera's exterior brings up the help menu when you need it, right on the LCD screen. From here, you can scroll through a variety of topics that answer your questions with clear explanations, offer helpful shooting advice and show you diagrams highlighting the position of any buttons you'll need.
Image Capture Device
- 20.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CCD
- Approx. 20.5 Megapixels
- Approx. 20.0 Megapixels (Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.)
- 5.0 (W) - 40.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28-224mm)
- Normal: 2.0 in. (5.0cm) - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3m) - infinity (T)
- Auto: 0.4 in. (1.0cm) - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3m) - infinity (T)
- Macro: 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft. (1-50cm) (W)
- Infinity: 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (W), 9.8 ft. (3.0m) - infinity (T)
- TTL Autofocus
- Not available
- 2.7-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle (4:3)
- Approx. 230,000 dots
- Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- f/3.2 (W), f/6.9 (T)
- 1-1/2000 sec.
- 15-1 sec. (in Long Shutter Mode)
- Auto, ISO 100-1600
Light Metering Method
- Evaluative, Center Weighted Average, Spot
- Still Images: ?2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
White Balance Control
- Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
- Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off
- 1.6-9.8 ft. (W), 4.3-4.9 ft. (T)
- 50.0cm - 3.0m (W), 1.3-1.5m (T)
- P, Auto, Digital IS, Portrait, Face Self-Timer, Low Light, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Fireworks, Long Shutter
- Off / 2 sec. / 10 sec. / Custom
- Normal Continuous Shooting in Auto/P modes: Approx. 0.8 shots/sec.
- Normal Continuous Shooting Low Light mode: Approx. 2.2 shots/sec.
- Under lighting conditions where flash does not fire automatically. Excluding RAW and RAW+JPEG.Until memory card becomes full.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC and Eye-Fi Memory Cards
- FlashAir compatible
- Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) compliant; DPOF (Version 1.1) compatible
Image Recording Format
JPEG Compression Mode
- Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG)
- Video: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Monaural))
Number of Recording Pixels
- Large: 5152 x 3864
- Medium 1 (M1): 3648 x 2736
- Medium 2 (M2): 2048 x 1536
- Medium: 2560 x 1920
- Small: 640 x 480
- Wide: 5152 x 2896
- HD 1280 x 720: 25.00 fps
- 640 x 480: 29.97 fps
Number of Recordable Images
- Approx. Number of Shots Recordable to 16 GB Memory Card (Note: F=Fine)
Playback Modes File
- Protect, Erase, Slideshow, Rotate, i-Contrast, Resize, Red-Eye Correction, Photobook Set-up, Auto Rotate, Resume
- Hi-Speed USB (Mini-B); direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Battery Pack NB-11L
- Approx. 220 shots
- Approx. 300 shots in ECO Mode
- Video Recording Time: Approx. 55 min.
- Approx. 4 hr.
- 32-104?F / 0-40?C
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 3.75 x 2.14 x 0.87 in. / 95.2 x 54.3 x 22.1mm
- 4.44 oz. / 126g (CIPA standard)
- 3.92 oz. / 111g (Body only)