Tired of searching for your hunting dog in tall grass or dense cover? Now you can leave the hunting entirely to him. Introducing Astro, the first high sensitivity GPS-enabled dog tracking system for hunters and sportsmen. This unique system pinpoints your dog's position and shows you exactly where he is, even when you can't see or hear him.
There are two components to the Astro system: a handheld receiver (Astro 220) and a dog-collar transmitter (DC 20).
The DC 20 is a transmitter that relays the dog's position to the Astro 220. It is mounted in the included, lightweight neoprene harness. The harness straps to the dog's collar, wraps around the chest, and behind the front legs. Users may also choose to fasten the DC 20 to an existing e-collar by using the included collar attachment plate.
Astro can track up to ten dogs at once and has the ability to update the dog?s position every five seconds. In flat, unobstructed terrain, the Astro system can reach up to five miles. This system requires very little configuration out of the box. Once the transmitter and receiver acquire a GPS signal, the receiver will automatically display the location of the dog.
Attach Collar and Go
To get started, just take Astro outdoors and turn on the handheld and transmitter to acquire GPS satellite signals. Then attach the DC 20 to your dog, either with the included dog harness or by threading it onto a 1-inch e-collar. Now you're ready to turn him loose - no other setup required.
Track Dogs in Dense Cover
Your dog's DC 20 transmits his position to your handheld, and you can see his current location and a trail of where he's been on the Map page of your handheld. Switch over to the Dog Tracker page to view a compass pointing to your dog's location as well as his current status: whether he's running, sitting, on point or treeing quarry. Astro can also sound an alarm to let you know instantly when your dog goes on point.
Astro boasts a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that can track your dog's position even in the densest cover. You can track up to ten dogs at one time with Astro, at a distance of up to five miles away (depending on terrain). The system transmits information by line-of-sight, so it reaches farthest in flat, open territory.
Count Your Coveys
After you've captured your quarry, mark the exact spot with Astro's Covey Counter, a special waypoint that tells you the exact location, time of day and elevation where you found your prey, as well as the number of birds you flushed and took from that location. Astro lets you save other special waypoints, such as "Truck" and "Lodge," so you can save the location of these places quickly and easily for each hunt. Astro also offers special waypoint icons to represent food plots, tree stands and other hunting-related points.
Experience Full-featured GPS
Astro shines when you're out on the hunt, but it also excels in getting you back to your truck at the end of the day, or even back home again. In fact, the Astro handheld has all the features of Garmin's top-line handheld outdoor devices, including a barometric altimeter, a high-sensitivity GPS receiver, long battery life, a bright sunlight readable color display, electronic compass, microSD card slot, celestial information, area calculator and rugged, IPX7 waterproof exterior. With optional detailed city street maps, you can search for over 6 million points of interest and create a route on roads with exact turn-by-turn directions. The Astro 220 has a micro SD card slot so you can add preprogrammed data cards with detailed maps such as TOPO, Inland Lakes, BlueChart and City Navigator.
Features and Specifications:
- 12 Channel SiRFstar III GPS High Sensitivity Receiver
- Built-in Auto Routing Basemap- turn by turn routing on roads
- Barometric altimeter and brand new 3-axis electronic compass
- 1.5" x 2.2" backlit display and keypad
- Scratch Resistant Lens
- 256 Color TFT Display
- Resolution: 240 x 160 pixels
- Rugged IPX7 waterproof standards
- Quad helix GPS antenna
- Removable VHF antenna
- Micro SD card slot available for preprogrammed MapSource mapping detail such as US TOPO, Inland Lakes, BlueChart and City Navigator
- Stores 1000 waypoints
- 50 reversible routes and 10,000 track points
- Tracks up to 10 dogs simultaneously
- 10K Automatic track log:20 saved tracks, 500 points each and lets you retrace your path in both directions
- Range: 5 miles (line of sight)
- Alarms:Anchor drag, approach and arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint,
shallow water and deep water
- Area calculation feature
- Hunting and Fishing Built-in Celestial Calendars
- Frequency Band: MURS
- Battery: 2 AA Batteries (not included)
- Battery life: 24 hours
- USB mini-B connector for data updates with a PC
- Weight: 6.5 ounces without batteries
- Dimensions: 2.3" x 6.3" x 1.3" (without antenna)
9.25"H with UHF antenna
- Shipped with rugged, durable, neoprene harness to maintain its position in the top, middle of the dog's back/neck
- Convenient and easy to use
- Harness has enclosed pocket to carry DC 20 safely and securely
- Includes collar attachment plate (fits most standard 1" e-collars)
- Rugged IPX7 waterproof standards
- User serviceable Li-Ion battery pack (rechargeable)
- Rugged On/Off Power button
- Integrated High Sensitivity Antenna
- Removable VHF antenna (flexible)
- Battery life: 17 hours on rechargeable collar
- Weight: 6 ounces with battery pack, without collar
- Range: 5 miles
- 3.25" W x 1.75" H 1.50" D