Utilizing our leading GPS technology, fenix provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities as well as trip information to guide you on and off the beaten track. Its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes. It's built to endure the toughest outdoor conditions - and also makes a stylish day-to-day timepiece.
Plan, Navigate and Track
fenix lets you create routes, record up to 1,000 waypoints (such as campsites or points of interest), and record GPS bread crumb trails on the move (tracklogs). Navigate to coordinates, along a track or route, towards waypoints, geocaches or along any other selected bearing. The TracBack function guides you back along a previously recorded tracklog so you can easily find your way to the safety of a vehicle, trailhead or campsite in case of an emergency or bad weather conditions.
Plan trips and share adventures with friends and family using BaseCamp. fenix is equipped with both ANT capabilities and Bluetooth to wirelessly share tracks, waypoints, routes and geocaches with other compatible Garmin devices or smartphones.
Altimeter, Barometer and Compass
fenix is equipped with ABC sensors (altimeter, barometer and compass) to provide relevant real-time information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you're moving or not.
fenix auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto sets the time based on location. For an extremely accurate temperature reading, pair it with our tempe external temperature sensor.
fenix provides real-time performance data, such as distance, pace and calories, helping you keep track of your progress during and after your adventures. fenix is compatible with our premium heart rate monitor and speed/cadence bike sensor.
Built to Endure the Roughest Conditions
fenix combines a strong housing to survive shocks with a mineral glass lens to resist scratching. It boasts a large LCD display with LED backlight and a robust polyurethane wristband. It's waterproof to 50 meters and has a battery life of up to 50 hours in GPS mode (depends on settings) and up to 6 weeks in watch mode. Basic watch functions include alarms, tones, vibration alerts, timer, stopwatch and world clock with the ability to display several times zones at once.
The built-in barometric altimeter provides accurate elevation information to keep track of ascent and descent.
The built-in barometer helps you monitor and predict weather changes by showing you short-term changes in the barometric air pressure. If the barometric pressure begins a steady decline, this could be a warning of an impending storm.
The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you're moving or not. Sight a bearing and be confident fenix will keep you headed toward your goal.
The built-in temperature sensor keeps track of how rapidly the temperature is rising or falling, helping you determine clothing and shelter needs or whether it's time to turn back.
Easily share tracks, waypoints, routes and paperless geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS devices and smartphones. fenix is equipped with both ANT capabilities and Bluetooth technology. Pair fenix with external devices, such as our external temperature sensor, heart rate monitor and speed/cadence bike sensor.
- Physical & Performance
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 1.9" x 1.9" x .7" (4.9 x 4.9 x 1.7 cm)
- Display size, WxH: 1.2" x 1.2" (3.1 x 3.1 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 70 x 70 pixels
- Display type: transflective, monochrome LCD
- Weight: 2.9 oz (82 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 50 hours (GPS mode); 2 weeks (sensor mode); 6 weeks (watch mode)
- Waterproof: yes (50m)
- Floats: no
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- Interface: USB
Maps & Memory
- Basemap: yes
- Preloaded maps: no
- Ability to add maps: no
- Built-in memory: 20 MB
- Accepts data cards: no
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Routes: 50
- Track log: 10,000 points, 100 saved tracks
Features & Benefits
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): no
- Electronic compass: yes (tilt-compensated, 3-axis)
- Touchscreen: no
- Barometric altimeter: yes
- Camera: no
- Geocaching-friendly: yes (paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: no
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): no
- Outdoor GPS games: no
- Hunt/fish calendar: yes
- Sun and moon information: yes
- Tide tables: no
- Area calculation: yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- Unit-to-nit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): yes
- Picture viewer: no
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes
- Watch functions: time, date, alarm, timer, chronograph, chimes and vibration
- Fitness functions include: user profiles for running and cycling, Auto Pause, Auto Lap, alerts, customizable data fields such as heart rate, distance, pace, calories, laps and more