Rugged, Full-featured Handheld with GPS, GLONASS and Wireless Connectivity
- 2.6" sunlight-readable color screen
- High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver with quad helix antenna
- Preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps plus a 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription
- 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth technology or ANT+
GPSMAP 64st features a 2.6" sunlight-readable color screen and a high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver with a quad helix antenna for superior reception. GPSMAP 64st includes a 3-axis electronic compass with barometric altimeter, wireless connectivity, and preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K maps plus a 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Explore the Terrain - GPSMAP 64st comes with a worldwide basemap with shaded relief and is preloaded with TOPO 100K, which includes coverage of the full U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Plus it includes a 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription - all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
Get Your Bearings - GPSMAP 64st has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you're standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Share Wirelessly - Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible devices. Your friends can enjoy your favorite hike or cache without waiting for you to plug in to your computer - simply press "send" to transfer your information to another Garmin handheld.
GPSMAP 64st also connects to compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB and accessory sensors, including tempe, foot pod and heart rate monitor.
Stay Connected - With Smart Notification you can wirelessly receive email, texts and alerts from your compatible iPhone 4s or later. Stay connected without having to dig into your backpack for your smartphone.
Keep Your Fix - With its quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity, GPS and GLONASS, receiver, GPSMAP 64st locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear - whether you're in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 64st to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Add Maps - GPSMAP 64st comes with a built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief, preloaded TOPO 100K and a 1-year subscription of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for a photo-realistic view. Adding more maps is easy with our array of detailed topographic, marine and road maps. With 8 GB of onboard memory and microSD card slot, you can conveniently download TOPO 24K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatibility). In addition, the 64st is compatible with Garmin Custom Maps, a map format that allows you to transform paper and electronic maps easily into downloadable maps for your device, for free.
Find Fun - GPSMAP 64st supports paperless geocaching with 250,000 preloaded caches with hints and descriptions from Geocaching.com, and has a 16-hour battery life. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment, but also improving efficiency. GPSMAP 64st stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means there's no more manually entering coordinates and paper printouts! Slim and lightweight, 64st is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits.
Plan Your Next Trip - Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
- Quad helix antenna with GPS/GLONASS - Find your way with the first quad helix GPS receiver that tracks both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. When using them together, the receiver has the ability to lock onto 24 more satellites than using GPS alone, ensuring you can "lock on" to a position more quickly.
- Preloaded Geocaches - Start caching immediately by choosing from the 250,000 preloaded geocaches from Geocaching.com. Caches come complete with hints and descriptions to get you started in the right direction.
- Live Tracking - Invite friends and family to follow your outdoor adventure in real time with Live Tracking. Send an invite via email or social media, and followers can view live data on Garmin Connect.
- Smart Notifications - Receive emails, texts and more, right on your device. GPSMAP 64st displays alerts from an iPhone 4s or later wirelessly.
- Satellite Imagery - Experience a true representation of the outdoors with the included 1-year subscription to BirdsEye Satellite Imagery.
- Dual Battery System - Go further with GPSMAP 64st's long-lasting 16 hour battery life. Works with 2 AA batteries or the the optional NiMH battery pack, which as an added bonus, can be charged while inside the device.
Unit dimensions, WxHxD - 2.4" x 6.3" x 1.4" (6.1 x 16.0 x 3.6 cm)
Display size, WxH - 1.43" x 2.15" (3.6 x 5.5 cm); 2.6" diag (6.6 cm)
Display resolution, WxH - 160 x 240 pixels
Display type - transflective, 65-K color TFT
Weight - 9.2 oz (260.1 g) with batteries
Battery - 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
Battery life - 16 hours
Waterproof - Yes (IPX7)
Floats - No
High-sensitivity receiver - Yes
Interface - high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps & Memory:
Basemap - Yes
Preloaded maps - yes (topographic)
Ability to add maps - Yes
Built-in memory - 8GB
Accepts data cards - microSD card (not included)
Waypoints/favorites/locations - 5000
Routes - 200
Track log - 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Features & Benefits:
Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) - Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
Electronic compass - Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
Touchscreen - No
Barometric altimeter - Yes
Camera - no
Geocaching-friendly - Yes (Paperless)
Custom maps compatible - Yes
Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos) - Yes
Hunt/fish calendar - Yes
Sun and moon information - Yes
Tide tables - Yes (with optional Bluechart)
Area calculation - Yes
Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest) - Yes
Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units) - Yes
Picture viewer - Yes
Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data) - Yes
Smart Notifications: yes
Live Tracking: yes (with Garmin Connect Mobile)