The iQue 3600 is the first PDA to include integrated GPS technology. With the power of Palm OS 5.2.1 and the dependability of Garmin GPS technology, this "Super PDA" redefines multi-tasking. Our integrated software not only allows you to look up appointments or contacts, but also locates and routes you to them with voice-guidance commands!
The differentiating feature of an iQue is its integrated GPS capabilities. Garmin's innovative Que technology delivers location awareness, electronic mapping, automatic route calculation, turn-by-turn voice guidance, and map data interface to the iQue.
Que technology enables users to see where they are, find a street address, know where the next turn is via visual and voice guidance, get back on track when they?ve strayed off course, and navigate efficiently to their desired destination.
One of the key benefits of technology integration on the iQue is its patent-pending contact-locator feature. Enabled by Garmin's Que technology, this feature connects the Palm Address Book and Date Book to the GPS electronic map to give the user the ability to navigate directly to a specific address within the user?s contact database.
An iQue is built around the Palm OS 5 platform and offers standard Palm applications, such as Address Book, Calculator, Date Book, Memo Pad, and To Do List. And there's enough processing power to search large databases of stored information and to enhance display graphics with easy-to-read fonts and crisp electronic maps. There's also a voice recorder (3600 only) for making memos, quick notes, and messages. With 32 MB of built-in memory and an expansion slot, you can even store your favorite MP3s (3600 only).
Users can choose a configurable basemap of North America, South America, Europe, or regions in the Pacific Rim, with generalized information on highways, major city streets, highway exit services, railways, rivers, lakes, and state, provincial, and national borders. The iQue also has the added benefit of detailed street information on the included MapSource CD-ROM, giving users the capability of looking up restaurant addresses, hotels, local attractions, transportation hubs, emergency services, and much more. Once a desired point of interest is chosen, you have the capability to view more info or even show it on the map screen.
The mapping capability of the iQue makes it a versatile companion for the international frequent flyer who travels, for instance, between New York and London or San Francisco and Hong Kong.
- Powerful 200 MHz processor powering Palm OS 5.2.1
- Integrated Que technology, with Garmin GPS and mapping software
- Flip-up integrated GPS patch antenna can be positioned for optimal reception
- Speaker for voice-guidance commands, MP3 player, and message playback
- Voice recorder for making memos, quick notes, and messages on the fly
- Rechargeable internal Lithium-ion battery (charges in cradle or while connected to adapter)
- Built-in 32 MB of memory for downloading map data and other Palm OS-compatible software
- ARM 9 processor enhances screen redraw, graphics, and audio
- SD expansion slot for flexible memory storage and additional software
- Unit size: 2.8" (W) x 5" (H) x .8" (D) (72 x 128 x 20.3 mm)
- Display: 2.16" x 3.24" (54 x 81 mm), 320 x 480-pixel, high-resolution, color with virtual Graffiti area
- Applications: Astraware Game Pack*, powerOne Personal Calculator, Documents to Go by DataViz*, DataViz Mail*, Palm Reader, StarCaddy*, Vindigo*, and WorldMate* - * Denotes limited or trial form.
The Americas Routable basemap includes the United States, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, and Central and South America, and covers an area from W180 to W30 Longitude, S60 to N72 Latitude. Also included is a high-level worldwide map with political boundaries and major cities.
standard map coverage includes:
- Oceans, rivers, and lakes (greater than 30 sq. miles)
- Principal cities and a small amount of smaller cities and towns
- Major interstates and principal highways
- Political boundaries (state and international borders)
- Major Airports
A. United States - In addition to the standard map coverage, it also includes:
- Small lakes, major streams, and rivers
- Principal urban areas (including Alaska and Hawaii)
- National- and State-level roads
- Many local roads in or near urban areas
- More detailed coastline
- A database of exits for the Federal Interstate highway system. This includes many businesses within about ? mile of the exit, including: restaurants, diesel/gas, hotels/lodging, overnight RV parking, dumps, campgrounds, truckstops, medical facilities, shopping and outlet malls, ATMs, and many more attractions.
- Tide stations
B. Alaska - In addition to the standard map coverage, it also includes:
- National- and State-level roads, plus some local roads in or near urban areas
- Lakes greater than 5 square miles
- Small cities and towns
- Tide stations
C. Canada - In addition to the standard map coverage, it also includes:
- Lakes greater than 5 square miles (Southern Canada)
- Lakes greater than 10 square miles (Central Canada)
D. Mexico, Central and South America
MapSource City Select North America v6 - includes detailed maps throughout the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico
- Maps contain full coverage throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, including metropolitan and rural coverage.
- Includes detailed maps containing highways, interstates, business and residential roads with attributes such as turn restrictions, speed categories and other navigation features
- Over 5 million points of interest such as:
- food and drink
- emergency services
- post offices
- camp grounds
- movie theaters and more
- Will automatically create point-to-point routes in MapSource and on compatible Garmin GPS units
- Supplemental coverage of Alaska and Hawaii provided using unverified governmental sources
- Now with "Unlock Wizard" to guide you through the unlock process
- Trip and waypoint management feature lets you transfer waypoints, routes, and tracks between your Garmin GPS and your PC