This is a refurbished item; it has been professionally repaired by Garmin to work like new.
Garmin International has announced that nuMaps Guarantee is now available. This program allows a customer who purchases a new nuvi or zumo GPS device to update the unit map free of charge if both of the following conditions exist:
1. The customer registers the new unit here within 60 days of the unit's first use.
2. A newer map becomes available within 60 days after the unit has been activated.
The nuvi 260W personal navigator boasts many updated features. In addition to the features found in the nuvi 250W, the nuvi 260W will provide turn-by-turn directions with spoken street names. The text-to-speech feature prompts you to "Turn right on Main St" instead of "Turn right in 500 feet". The nuvi 260W offers full coverage mapping for the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Preloaded map data features over six million points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and attractions. The map data is provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping.
Product Features and Specifications
- Sleek, ultra-slim design
- Easy, touchscreen interface
- Wide, 4.3" diagonal color display; 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA touchscreen display, with white backlight
- Preloaded with City Navigator North America NT - includes detailed maps of U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico
- Offers a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or 2D overhead view
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance: text-to-speech feature prompts you to "Turn right on Main St" instead of "Turn right in 500 feet"
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver for improved performance and reception
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- Includes travel features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency & measurement converters and calculator
- SD memory card expansion slot
- Includes Garmin Lock anti-theft feature
- Configurable vehicle icons - users can download additional choices from http://www.garmin.com/vehicles/
- On-unit help - access the quick start manual and more directly from the unit
- Unit dimensions: 4.8"W x 2.9"H x 0.8"D
- Weight: 6.1 ounces
- Built-in lithium-ion battery
- Battery life: up to 5 hours depending on usage
- Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- Simplified PC connectivity, similar to a digital camera, using USB mass storage with access to either the SD card slot or to the unit's internal memory directly
from your PC desktop
- With the POI loader program, users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, create custom POIs and more