Condition: This product was discovered to be Initially defective and has been refurbished by the manufacturer.
This REFURBISHED product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications; it is guaranteed to be in perfect working order.
The Equipment is sold in "AS IS" condition and returns will not be accepted so please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
Representing the next stage in smartphone development, the unlocked Google Nexus One phone from HTC offers supercharged power with one of the fastest processors currently available in a smartphone, a 3.7-inch AMOLED touch display, and access to all your contacts and most important data from a variety of Google tools via the Android 2.1 operating system. With integrated Google technology, the Nexus One brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by Voice, YouTube and Picasa.
In addition to 3G connectivity, the Nexus One offers Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and business networks as well as hotspots while on the go and Bluetooth connectivity for both hands-free devices and stereo music streaming. Other features include assisted GPS (AGPS) with Google Maps Navigation providing turn-by-turn voice guidance, memory expansion via microSD memory cards (a 4 GB card is included with the device), threaded messaging for seamless on-the-go conversations, and up to 7 hours of 3G talk time.
The Nexus One is unlocked and will recognize SIM cards from any mobile service provider using the GSM standard. The Nexus One's antenna supports four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900) and three 3G/UMTS Bands (2100/AWS/900). These cover most major GSM mobile providers worldwide, including T-Mobile in the United States, but not the 850 MHz 3G band used by AT&T. The Nexus One will, however, deliver 2G/EDGE speeds on these networks, and of course supports Wi-Fi as well.
Nexus One Software Innovation
The Nexus One runs on Android 2.1, a version of the platform's Eclair software, which offers advanced applications and features including:
Google Maps Navigation: offering turn-by-turn driving directions with voice output.
E-mail: multiple Gmail accounts; universal inbox and Exchange support.
Phone book: aggregate contacts from multiple sources, including Facebook.
Quick Contacts: easily switch between communication and social applications.
Android Market: access to more than 18,000 applications.
It also includes the following applications on the home screen:
- Gmail: Your Inbox displays conversations with the newest messages at the top. To read a message in a threaded conversation, touch its subject.
- ouTube: Use the YouTube application to view, search for, upload, and share videos. Like the version you use on your PC, YouTube on the Nexus One presents the videos grouped into categories, such as Most viewed, Most discussed, Most recent, and Top rated.
- Messaging: You can use Messaging to exchange text (SMS) and multimedia messages (MMS) with your friends' mobile phones. Touch New message to start a new text or multimedia message, or touch an existing message thread to open it.
- Music: Use the Music application to listen to and organize audio files you have transferred onto your microSD card from your computer.
- Maps: With Google Maps on your phone, you can find your current location, view real-time traffic conditions, and get detailed directions by foot, public transportation, or car. You'll also be able to navigate using spoken, turn-by-turn driving instructions as well as switch between viewing a street map or a satellite image.
- Car Home: Access Google Maps, Navigation, Voice Search, Contacts, and Search with the touch of a button. Car Home opens with five large buttons that you can touch to access applications that are most useful when you're driving.
- Android Market: With the Android Market, you can browse and search for free and paid applications. Once you find an application you want, you can install it on your phone.
- Fast 3G connectivity via UMTS Band 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900)
- Quad-band GSM connectivity for global voice roaming
- Enter text without typing. Use a voice-enabled keyboard for all text fields: speak a text message, instant message, tweet, Facebook update, or complete an e-mail.
- Tell your phone what you want it to do. Search Google, call contacts, or get driving directions by just speaking into your phone.
- Take personalization to the next level. Dynamic, interactive, live wallpapers react to the touch of a finger. And more widgets and five home screen panels allow for further device customization.
- Read your voice-mail messages. Get transcribed voice-mail with Google Voice integration, without changing your number.
- Real HTML Web browsing provides more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone (Android Webkit HTML5-based browser).
- 3.7-inch widescreen WVGA AMOLED touchscreen (800 x 480 pixels; 100,000:1 typical contrast ratio; 1ms typical response rate)
- Haptic feedback
- 5-megapixel camera includes LED flash, auto focus, 2x digital zoom, white balance and color effects. View pictures and Picasa Web Albums in the new 3D Gallery. Record high-resolution MPEG4 video, and then upload to YouTube with one click.
- Capture DVD-quality video at 720x480 pixels at 20 frames per second or higher, depending on lighting conditions
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB; a 4 GB card included. (Onboard memory: 512 MB Flash, 512 MB RAM)
- Trackball navigation with tri-color notification LED, alerts when new e-mails, chats, and text messages arrive
- Dynamic noise suppression with second microphone
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 3G QSD8250 chipset, delivering speeds up to 1 GHz