This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
24bit 192kHz bit to bit Playback
The AK70's DAC, based on market-proven CS4398 chips of Cirrus Logic, has been used for years in Hi-Fi audios and the second-generation Astell&Kern devices.
The AK70 plays back 24bit 192kHz signals into bit-to-bit type.
32bit audio is downsampled using a sample-rate converter. In addition, DSD 64/128 can be played back through conversion to PCM.
AK70's Diverse Output Types - Balanced Output
The AK70 supports the 2.5-mm 4-pole balanced output (2.3 Vrms) that has been in use since the second generation of the Astell&Kern players.
Unlike the unbalanced type, the balanced output type is capable of removing noise (common mode noise) that can occur in "signal + inverting amplifier signal" and has the strength of increasing output due to its double transmitting signals.
The AK70 can be used with a variety of balanced earphones and headphones made for Astell&Kern. It can also support the 3.5-mm 3-pole unbalanced output (2.3 Vrms), with compatibility with a variety of Hi-Fi earphones and headphones.
Variety of Output Types of AK70 - USB Audio
The AK70 supports USB audio digital out, first among Astell&Kern devices.
You can connect diverse digital-input portable amps through USB to the AK70. The AK70 can transfer DSD in native through DoP. It can also convert DSD into PCM for output for portable amps that do not support DoP.
Variety of Output Types of AK70 - USB DAC
The AK70 can be used with a USB DAC that can double as an embedded sound card by connecting with a PC/Mac through the USB port.
In the case of using the PC's embedded sound card, one may have to go through a complicated process to play back DSD data. In contrast, the AK70 can do so simply by connecting with the PC.
In the case of using the AK70 as a USB DAC, it can support up to 24-bit 96 kHz bit to bit, providing much richer sound through superior ambience and resolution way beyond the limits of an embedded sound card.
The AK70 can allow users to rip CDs with ease by linking with the AK CD-RIPPER.
By inheriting from the AK500N, it supports the CD track error correction feature and the meta data (ID3TAG) auto input feature using Gracenote's database without any change.
The AK70's Network - AK Connect
The AK70 comes equipped with the AK Connect feature that can be connected with network-ready Astell&Kern devices.
It is also appointed with wireless networking DLNA (Ver. 1.0), which makes it easy to work with NAS/PC on the same network and through an AK Connect app supporting smartphone/tablet computer.
- Model: AK70
- Body Color: Misty Mint
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Display: 3.3" WVGA (480 x 800) TFT LCD
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE (Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample Rate: FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF : 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample), DSD : DSD64, Stereo / DSD128, Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalance 2.3Vrms / Balance 2.3Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4398 x1 (Single DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 24bit / 192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding
- Input: USB Micro-B input (for charging & data transfer (PC & MAC)) /
- Connection Mode : MTP (Media Device)
- Outputs: PHONES (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptX)
- Dimensions: 2.37" (60.3 mm) [W] x 3.81" (96.8 mm) [H] x 0.51" (13 mm) [D]
- Weight: 4.66 oz. (132g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up