You've discovered digital TV's superior picture quality, and now you want to capture those digital broadcasts in all their high-res glory. No problem! JVC's HM-DH30000 connects to a compatible HDTV tuner via an i.LINK? (IEEE 1394) connection, and uses high-capacity D-VHS tapes to record HDTV broadcasts at full resolution. This innovative VCR also upconverts or downconverts HDTV recordings on playback to match the television's display rate ? even when connected to a regular analog TV! Note: Many HDTV tuners and TVs with an i.LINK jack cannot output an HDTV signal. Check compatibility before ordering.
Digital VHS currently offers the highest resolution recording and playback of any consumer video format, delivering a level of clarity and detail that surpasses even DVD! A single D-VHS tape can hold up to an incredible 50GB of data ? that's 4 hours of material recorded at a display rate of 1080i, including a 5.1-channel Dolby? Digital soundtrack.
But not only does the HM-DH30000 record digital signals; it can also record analog signals in Super VHS's impressive 400-line resolution. S-VHS ET capability gives you S-VHS-quality recording and playback using high-quality standard VHS tapes. And for playing back VHS and S-VHS recordings, this deck makes use of JVC's most advanced DigiPure circuitry, with time base correction to remove jitter from the video signal and a digital comb filter to fight dot crawl. Armed with a massive 4MB frame memory, this circuitry delivers crisp image edges and clear color separation without bleeding.
Need a convenient way to archive your Mini DV footage? The HM-DH30000's second i.LINK input and advanced MPEG2 codec let you make near-perfect D-VHS copies of your Mini DV movies, storing up to 24 hours of Mini DV footage on one D-VHS tape. And home video enthusiasts will love JVC's Video Navigation System ? it enables the VCR to store the titles, dates, and tape locations of approximately 2,000 individual programs! The system assigns a number to each of your cassettes, which you mark on the tapes themselves. Then, when you want to find a particular show, just browse through the program memory menu. Once you've found the show, the VCR prompts you which tape to insert. It even remembers where on the tape the program begins, fast-forwards or rewinds to that point, and begins play!
For more information about D-VHS, and to find out about pre-recorded hi-def D-Theater? movies, see www.dvhsmovie.com.
- Digital VHS, Super VHS, and standard VHS record/play
- Super VHS ET record/play
- a D-VHS tape stores up to 4 hours of material in HS mode (28.2 Mbps), 8 hours in STD mode (14.1 Mbps), 24 hours in LS3 mode (4.7 Mbps), or 40 hours of S-VHS-quality analog video
- D-VHS video recording and playback options: 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i
- D-VHS recording and playback of 5.1-channel Dolby Digital HDTV broadcasts for surround sound in your home theater system
- HiFi stereo VHS and S-VHS playback for Dolby? Pro Logic? surround sound in your home theater system
- MTS stereo reception
- DigiPure circuitry with 4MB frame memory
- Ghost Reduction Tuner
- VCR Plus+?
- cable box/DBS timer control
- multibrand remote with jog/shuttle dial
- skip search
- 181-channel tuner
- auto channel set
- 2 4-pin i.LINK (IEEE 1394) digital A/V jacks (1 front-panel)
- 1 component video output ? Y/Pb/Pr
- 2 composite/S-video outputs
- 3 composite/S-video inputs (1 front-panel)
- 1 RF in/out
- optical digital output for Dolby Digital/PCM
- JLIP input for editing with a PC
- JVC AV CompuLink
- 12-event/1-year program timer
- 60-minute memory backup
- 17-1/8W x 4-1/8H x 15D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Note: Tapes recorded with Super VHS ET may not play back on some non-S-VHS ET machines