Go Wide with the KODAK EASYSHARE P880 zoom digital camera
The innovative KODAK EASYSHARE P880 zoom digital camera brings in-demand KODAK technologies and features to serious photographers, setting a new price-to-performance benchmark. It provides more expansive picture-taking capability with a 24-140mm (35mm equiv.) wide-angle, f/2.8 ? f/4.1, professional-quality SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON zoom lens. The 24mm wide angle setting is ideal for landscape photography, allowing a person to get closer to subjects, while contributing to greater sense of place by ?pulling in? foreground objects with greater depth of field. It?s also ideal for interior photography, where barriers such as walls typically make it difficult to get all desired subjects into a shot. Creative photographers can also shoot with this wide perspective for unique portraiture, or to capture a greater scenic expanse for later cropping.
With the same integrated lens, users can also optically zoom up to 140 mm (5.8X) using the manual zoom ring for precise framing. Achieve accurate focusing, even in low light conditions, with the selectable 25-point, advanced, hybrid Auto Focus system or via the manual focus ring. Experience enhanced, flexible lighting control via the hot shoe flash connector, plus the PC sync port for off-camera flash options.
Video takes on a new dimension with the EASYSHARE P880 camera ? a function not available in dSLRs. Capture VGA video at 30 frames per second (Motion JPEG compression) with the unique ability to use full optical zoom, then trim, cut, splice and merge clips on the camera. Even extract individual video frames as JPEGs at 640 x 480 resolution ? presenting an ultra-high-speed alternative to the camera?s multiple burst modes (first/last/time lapse burst) ? which can then be shared and printed up to 4 x 6 inches.
For the first time, Kodak has added RAW file support to its EASYSHARE camera line to enable more post-capture flexibility for enthusiasts. These files allow for in-camera JPEG and TIFF extraction, as well as RAW editing within new KODAK EASYSHARE software v5.1. The new Kodak RAW format uniquely embeds a dynamic JPEG within the file, permitting rapid RAW file viewing and organization in the software, without requiring RAW conversion.
Additional highlights include a live histogram with highlight and shadow clipping for immediate on-camera exposure assessment; a 2.5-inch, high-resolution LCD; a 237,000 pixel electronic viewfinder with diopter; a high-capacity lithium-ion battery; shutter speeds ranging from 16 ? 1/4000 second, plus a bulb setting; one-push custom white balance; digital red-eye reduction; and a manually-raised pop-up flash.
Using the P880 with the new P20 Zoom Flash will provide even greater lighting control. At a weight of only 19.6 oz. (556 g), including battery and SD card, with a compact body (4.6W x 3.8H x 3.6D in.), including lens, the camera is highly portable while providing an excellent in-hand fit and feel.
A professional-quality wide-angle lens for enhanced creative capability
- Fast f2.8-8.0
- 24 mm wide angle lens
- 5.8x optical zoom, professional-quality Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon Optical Zoom Lens featuring manual zoom and focus rings
Capture maximum clarity and detail with exceptional resolution
- 8.0 MP sensor for outstanding resolution and prints up to 16 x 22 inches
- Capture stunning, accurate color with Kodak Color Science
Advanced video features for a exceptional on-screen performance
- Capture VGA (640 x 480) video at 30 frames per second
- Zoom during capture
- On-camera video editing, including trim, cut, split, merge, fast forward, and rewind
- Print wallet-sized (2 x 3 inches,51 x 76 centimeters) photos from video
Be in control with sophisticated camera features
- Exposure compensation--+/- 2.0 EV in 0.3 EV step
- Aperture--wide (f2.8 to f8.0) and telephoto (f4.1 to f8.0)
- Shutter speed--automatic: 1/2 to 1/4000 second; manual (S, M): 16 seconds to 1/4000 second
- ISO equivalents--automatic: 50-200 selectable in PASM and custom except .08 MP picture size: manual: ISO 400-600
- Auto-focus--multi-zone, center-zone, 25 selectable points
- Exposure metering type--selectable zone AE (25 positions), multi-pattern AE, center-weighted AE, center-spot AE
- White balance--auto, daylight, tungsten, fluorescent, cloudy, open shade, sunset, custom 1-3, one-push WB available as one of WB mode, WB compensation available in PASM and C modes
- Flash compensation--+/-1.0 EV in 1/2 EV step
- Built-in flash mode--slow synch fill flash, off, red-eye reduction with flash, algorithm, or both
Program auto, aperture priority, shutter priority, and custom modes
- Program mode (P)--camera sets optimal shutter speed and aperture combination
- Aperture priority mode (A)--you choose aperture, the camera sets shutter speed
- Shutter priority mode (S)--you choose shutter speed, the camera sets aperture
- Custom mode (C) allows you to create your own capture mode:
- The Kodak EasyShare P880 zoom digital camera remembers your settings until you change them
- Set your preference for PASM, picture quality, JPEG compression, resolution, color, and sharpness
Programmed scene modes
- Portrait modes: standard, night portrait, anti-shake night portrait
- Landscape modes: standard and night landscape
- Bright scene modes: beach and snow
- Action mode: sport
- Close-up modes: flower and super close-up
- Party mode: use for photos of people in indoor setting in lower light
- Text/Documents mode: for sharp text when photographing documents
- Manner/Museum mode: use when sound or flash is not desired
- Low-light modes: sunset, candlelight, backlight
3 color modes
- Color (high, low, natural)
- Black and white
Share your creations with one-touch simplicity
The Kodak EasyShare P880 zoom digital camera is part of the Kodak EasyShare System, so sharing starts right on the back of your camera.
- Exclusive Share button lets you tag favorite pictures to print or e-mail later
- Favorites feature lets you share your on-camera collection at a moment's notice
Kodak EasyShare software (included)
- Works seamlessly with Kodak EasyShare Cameras and Docks to enable one-button transferring and sharing
- The simple way to view, edit, organize, print, or view a slide show from your computer
- Exclusive One Touch to Better Pictures feature automatically adjusts the settings on your inkjet printer to give you traditional-quality photos when printing on Kodak Inkjet photo papers