Inspiring views of your world. - AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR lens.
Take photos and videos that are anything but ordinary with this state-of-the-art 16-80mm DX-format zoom lens. With a fast f/2.8-4 aperture, VR image stabilization and Nikon's advanced lens technology, it covers wide-angle to portrait views with absolutely brilliant image quality. An ideal lens for documenting daily life, conveying a sense of place, blogging, low light, HD video and much more.
Ultra-light, ultra-versatile - An everyday lens that's anything but ordinary
Meet the world's lightest 5x zoom lens with an f/2.8-4 aperture, which is excellent for softening foregrounds or backgrounds and highlighting your subject. On a DX-format camera, it's zoom range is equivalent to Nikon's 24-120mm FX lens (35mm format), a staple in many pro camera bags.
Pro-grade image quality - A new level of DX-format performance
Unleash the power of your high-resolution Nikon DSLR. Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates glare, while Extra-low Dispersion Glass and Aspherical elements reduce color aberration and enhance sharpness and contrast. Capture vibrant colors, rich tonality and a level of detail that's staggering.
Rock steady - 4 stops of Vibration Reduction
In low light situations, the 16-80mm's VR image stabilization lets you shoot handheld up to 4 shutter speeds slower to gather more of the available light without causing blur. There's even a specialized Tripod VR mode, a first for this zoom range, that eliminates the effects of tripod vibration.
Ultra-fast precision - High-speed electromagnetic diaphragm
Nikon's DX and FX DSLRs can freeze action with fast continuous shooting speeds; this lens can keep up. A specialized electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism operates in precise sync with the camera's shutter for reliable exposure control during high-speed sequences.
Nonstick glass - Nikon's innovative protective fluorine coat
Making it easier to wipe off water, dirt and smudges, the front and rear lens elements have Nikon's exclusive fluorine coat. This extraordinary protective coating technology has to be seen to be believed.
- AS - AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism - An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass - An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- IF Lens - A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Nano Crystal Coat - An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- Silent Wave Motor - AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon?s Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology. SWM uses ultrasonic vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Super Integrated Coating - Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- Vibration Reduction - A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Mount Type - Nikon F-Bayonet
Focal Length Range - 16-80mm
Zoom Ratio - 5x
Maximum Aperture - f/2.8-4
Minimum Aperture - f/22-32
Format - DX
Maximum Angle of View (DX-format) - 83-degrees
Minimum Angle of View (DX-format) - 20-degrees
Maximum Reproduction Ratio - 0.22x
Lens Elements - 17
Lens Groups - 13
Compatible Format(s) - DX
VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization - Yes
Diaphragm Blades - 7
Distance Information - Yes
Nano Crystal Coat - Yes
ED Glass Elements - 4
Fluorine Coat - Yes
Aspherical Elements - 3
Super Integrated Coating - Yes
Autofocus - Yes
AF-S (Silent Wave Motor) - Yes
Internal Focusing - Yes
Minimum Focus Distance - 1.15 ft. (0.35m)
Focus Mode - Auto, Manual
E-type - Yes
Filter Size - 72mm
Accepts Filter Type - Screw-on
Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length) - 3.1 in. (80 mm) x 3.3 in. (85.5 mm) Based on CIPA Standard
Approx. Weight - 16.1 oz. (480 g) Based on CIPA Standard