The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is a high-power zoom lens with a focal length of 18-300 mm and a zoom ratio of 16.7x, allowing a wide variety of shots from wide-angle to super telephoto with just one lens. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR joins the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II and the AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR to enhance the high-power zoom lens lineup. In addition to achieving a maximum reproduction ratio of 1:3.2x and the f/5.6 maximum aperture at the maximum telephoto position, it also has built-in vibration reduction (VR II), offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four steps to effectively reduce camera shake for easy telephoto shooting. By incorporating ED and aspherical lens elements, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR offers superior optical performance through an optical system optimized for D-SLR cameras.
- Ultra high-power approx. 16.7x zoom lens covering 18-300mm focal range
- Maximum reproduction ratio of 1/3.2x - the highest class among high-power zoom lenses with DX format
- Two focus modes are available - M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual focus)
- Built-in Vibration Reduction (VRII) provides the equivalent of a shutter speed approximately four stops faster
- Maximum aperture of f/5.6 is achieved at the telephoto end
- Zoom lock prevents the lens from sliding during transportation
Focal length - 18-300mm
Maximum aperture - f/3.5-5.6
Minimum aperture - f/22-32
Lens construction - 19 elements in 14 groups (with three ED glass and three aspherical lens elements)
Angle of view - 76? - 5?20'
Minimum focus distance - 300 mm focal length: 0.45 m/1.48 ft (from focal plane)
Maximum reproduction ratio - 1/3.2x
No. of diaphragm blades - 9 (rounded)
Filter-attachment size - 77mm
Diameter x length (distance from camera lens mount flange) - Approximately 83 x 120 mm/3.3 x 4.7 in.
Weight - Approximately 830 g/29.3 oz.
Supplied accessories - 77 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Bayonet Hood HB-58, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1120