- Ideal as a normal lens designed exclusively for Nikon DX format SLRs, this ultra-compact 18-55mm 3X zoom provides superb versatility in a wide variety of shooting situations.
- New compact rod-type Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation.
- ED glass element achieves minimized chromatic aberration and superior optical performance.
- Hybrid aspherical element ensures high resolution and contrast.
- Focus Mode switch enables quick-switching between A (Autofocus) and M (Manual Focus).
- 7-blade rounded diaphragm for more natural out-of-focus highlights.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating minimizes ghosting and flare to provide even higher contrast and more vivid images, even in challenging light conditions.
- AF G-Type: AF Nikkor G-Type lenses feature more compact lens designs and include D-Type technology that provides the camera with precise distance information for flash and ambient light exposure processes
Focal Length: 18-55mm (35mm equivalent 27-82.5mm) Minimum Aperture: f/22-32
Maximum Aperture: f/3.5-5.6
Lens Construction: 7 elements in 5 groups (with 1 ED glass element and 1 hybrid aspherical lens element)
DX Type: DX Nikkor is designed exclusively for use with Nikon Digital SLR models
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.28m (11.4 inches)
Filter/Attachment Size: 52mm
Weight: Approx. 210g (6.8 oz.)
Dimensions: Approx. 69mm x 75mm long (2.7 in. x 2.9 in.)
Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:3.2
Picture Angle on Nikon DX Format Sensor: 76 degrees (@18mm) to 28 degrees, 50 minutes (@55mm)