The All-new Coolpix P1 combines 8.0 effective megapixels and 3.5x optical Zoom-Nikkor lens for stunning poster-size prints. WiFi capability is built-in, so this high-performance camera can download or print images wirelessly. The incredible, bright 2.5 inch LCD makes for easy image composition and playback. A 10-step Aperture Priority mode provides additional exposure control and Advanced Scene Modes offer creative choice over the color intensity of the final image. Nikon's Exclusive Feature System includes many automated features that make it easy to take great pictures. New On-Screen Help eliminates the guesswork by providing explanations for all main menu functions. The Coolpix P1 is performance, unplugged--no strings attached!
- 8.0 Effective Megapixels: for stunning prints up to 16 x 20 inches and beyond
- High Quality 3.5x Optical Zoom-Nikkor 36-126mm Glass Lens (35mm equivalent): Nikkor optics captures incredibly sharp, clear images plus a 4x digital zoom for a total zoom of 14x
- Built-In WiFi Connectivity: Using IEEE 802.11b and 802.11g technology, the COOLPIX P1 comes fully equipped for wireless communication either direct to PC or direct to printer.
- Wireless Image Transfer moves images from the camera to a wireless-equipped computer (set up in a LAN) at the press of a button,
- Wireless Live Transfer moves images to the computer as they are taken.
- Wireless Print provides direct print to any PictBridge-compatible USB either connected to the computer or direct to the printer (no computer needed) through the use of the optional Wireless Printer Adapter PD-10.
- Incredible, Bright 2.5 inch LCD: makes composing pictures easier, as well as making it more fun to share pictures while they are still in the camera
- 10-step Aperture Priority Mode: offering greater creative control, the 10-step Aperture Priority Mode lets you select one of 10 depth-of- field settings (in 1/3 EV increments) with Live Histogram
- Advanced Scene Modes: are available in 11 of the 16 Scene Modes and allow the user to customize the final image by providing a 3-level selection for enhanced creativity and control
- Nikon's Exclusive Feature System: turns pictures into photographs. Featuring: In-Camera Red-Eye Fix to remove red-eye in the camera; Face Priority AF to automatically focus on faces for great portraits; and D-Lighting for in-camera repair of dark images
- Adjustable GUI with Help Button: choose between the traditional menu item view or the new icon view. Press the Help (?) button and it will instantly display an explanation for all main menu functions on the LCD
- Shutter: 8-1/2,000 sec
- Aperture: Wide: Ten-step (f/2.7 - f/7.6), Telephoto: Four-step (f/5.2 - f/7.3)
- Capture Modes: 1) Single, 2) Continuous H (approx. 2.3fps), 3) Continuous L (approx. 2.0 frames), 4) Ultra HS (up to 100 pictures at up to 30fps), 5) Multi-shot 16 (16 frames 1/16 in size)
- Number of Frames: 32MB of Internal Memory: approx. 7, Normal: approx. 14, Basic: approx. 27
- Built-in Speedlight: Range: 1' 8" - 8'6"/0.5-2.6m (W), 1' 8" - 4'3"/0.5-1.3m (T); Flash modes: Auto, Auto with Red-eye Reduction (In-Camera Red-Eye Fix), FlashCancel, Anytime Flash, Slow sync and Rear Curtain Sync
- Interface: USB, Audio Video output (NTSC/PAL); Wireless: IEEE802.11b/g, wireless range up to 100ft (30m) (depending on environment)
- Power Requirements: One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL8 (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62C (optional)
- Battery Life: Approx. 180 shots with EN-EL8 Rechargeable Battery (based on CIPA standard*) * Industry standard for measuring life of camera batteries. Measured at 25 degrees C(77 degrees F); zoom adjusted with each shot, built-in flash fired with every other shot,image mode set to Normal (8M).
- Dimension (W x H x D): Approx. 3.6 x 2.4 x 1.5 in. (91 x 60 x 39mm)
- Weight: Approx. 6 oz. (170g) (without battery and memory card)