The COOLPIX P50 combines classic design with contemporary performance. Engineered for the photo enthusiast, the P50 delivers easy handling and comfortable ergonomics. The P50 features an 8.1 effective megapixel resolution, a 3.6x wide-angle Zoom-Nikkor lens, and a large 2.4-inch LCD monitor. The P50 boasts an optical viewfinder and Electronic Vibration Reduction to compensate for camera shake at slow shutter speeds. Program and manual exposure modes come standard with the P50, so users have creative freedom when capturing images. The P50 is powered by two AA-batteries adding to the convenience and portability of this camera.
- Classic Design, Contemporary Performance
- 8.1 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches
- 3.6x Optical Wide-Angle Zoom-Nikkor Glass Lens - quality optics provide exceptional images with 28mm wide-angle capability
- Incredible, Bright 2.4-inch High Resolution LCD and Optical Viewfinder make it easy to compose and share your pictures with friends and family
- Optical Viewfinder for taking pictures in any type of lighting conditions
- Program and Manual Exposure Modes give you personal control over camera operation
- Auto Adjusts up to ISO 2000 to keep shooting, even in lower light
- In-camera Red-Eye Fix? automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red eyes again.
- Face-Priority AF Nikon's face-finding technology that automatically focuses on faces.
- D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit picture by improving brightness and detail where
Effective pixels: 8.1 million
Image sensor: 1/2.5-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 8.29 million
Lens: 3.6x Zoom-Nikkor; 4.7-17.0mm (35mm  format picture angle: 28-102mm); f/2.8-5.6; 7 elements in 6 groups; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 408mm)
Focus range (from lens): 1 ft 7.7 in (50cm) to infinity; Macro close-up mode: 2 in (5cm) to infinity
Monitor: 2.4-in., 115,000-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 52 MB), SD/SDHC memory card compatible
Image size (pixels): 3264 x 2448 (8M), 2592 x 1944 (5M), 2048 x 1536 (3M), 1600 x 1200 (2M), 1280 x 960 (1M), 1024 x 768 (PC), 640 x 480 (TV), 3984 x 2656(3:2), 3968 x 2232 (16:9)
Vibration reduction (VR): Electronic VR
ISO sensitivity: ISO 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 2000, Auto (auto gain ISO 64-1000)
Power sources: Two AA alkaline (supplied), lithium or oxyride batteries, two EN-MH1 rechargeable Ni-MH batteries (optional), EH-65A AC adapter (optional)
Battery life: Approx. 140 shots with alkaline, 580 shots with lithium or 330 shots with EN-MH1 batteries (based on CIPA standard)
Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 3.8 x 2.6 x 1.8 in (94.5 x 66 x 44 mm) excluding projections
Weight: Approx. 5.6 oz (160 g) without battery and SD memory card