For a virtual tour of the D200 Click here!
10.2 Megapixel D200 Digital SLR Delivers Outstanding Image Quality With Blazing Speed, Rugged Construction and Intelligent Features
The D200 promises an extremely satisfying shooting experience, with a winning combination of quality, performance, construction and advanced system features. Employing a newly developed 10.2 effective megapixel Nikon DX Format CCD image sensor, the D200 captures images with remarkable resolution and clarity. Its sophisticated 1005-pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering II system ensures ideal exposures while an advanced Nikon image processing engine renders images with superb clarity and smooth color gradations. The D200 reacts with lightning speed, powering-up in a mere 0.15 seconds, and firing in an imperceptible 50 millisecond shutter release lag time. It can shoot five frames per second with a drastically shortened viewfinder blackout time of just 105 milliseconds between shots.
Its large, bright viewfinder offers 0.94x magnification for comfortable and precise composition while a new 2.5 inch LCD screen provides ultra-wide 170 degrees viewing angle from all directions. With an all new 11-area autofocus system, robust control of Nikon's i-TTL Creative Lighting System and advanced Wi-Fi image-transmission options, the D200 is a perfect fit for discriminating photographers and a natural choice for wedding, event and action photographers.
- 10.2 megapixel DX Format CCD image sensor - The newly developed 10.2 effective megapixel Nikon DX Format CCD image sensor, the D200 captures images with remarkable resolution and clarity
- Industry-leading image processing for exceptional color - Incorporates Nikon's Imaging processing engine of the D2x, which allows color-independent pre-conditioning prior to A/D conversion to work in symphony with advanced digital image processing algorithms to achieve fine color gradations witexceptionally smooth, transition
- Large viewfinder with 0.94x magnification -The new eye-level optical viewfinder developed for the D200 features large magnification (0.94x) that helps ensure a clear view for precise composition, and built-in diopter adjustment that allows fine-tuning to your eyesight
- Durable, Magnesium alloy (Mg) body - Nikon's advanced technologies and mechanismsare housed within a rugged, lightweight magnesium alloy chassis and body ready for the most rigorous of assignments. Additional sealing for dust and moisture add to the D200's strength.
- Fast SLR response where it counts - Instant power-up in just 0.15 seconds, a shutter release time lag of a mere 50 milliseconds, and a shortened viewfinder blackout time of just 105 milliseconds makes the D200 ready to respond to any photographic situation
- New, 11-area Multi-CAM AF System with 7 Area Wide AF - The new Multi-CAM 1000 AF Sensor Module offers an 11-area AF that ensures consistently fast and precise focus lock under varying shooting conditions. The 7-wide area AF system, offers broad coverage suited for moving subjects enabling greater compositional freedom
- Large 2.5-inch LCD monitor with wide angle viewing to 170 degrees - A high-resolution LCD monitor provides ultra-wide, 170 degree viewing in all directions. Assisting with accurate sharpness assessment, images can be previewed at up to 400% magnification
- New EN-EL3e Rechargeable battery with Fuel gauge function - The high-energy EN-EL3e rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you capture approximately 1,800 shots per charge featuring an accurate real-time Fuel gauge system that displaysthe percentage of remaining charge, number of shots since last charge and overall status of battery life
- Wireless Transmitter WT-3 - The optional Wireless Transmitter WT-3 provides wireless functionality with IEEE 802.11b/g technology; it enables cable-free image transfer to a compatible computer, with the added safety and versatility of wide-ranging network and security protocols (available 2006)
18-135mm f/3.5-5.6GED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens:
- Versatile, High-power 7.5x Zoom-Nikkor lens (Approximates the picture angle performance of a 28-200mm lens on 35mm SLR).
- A Nikon Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass element delivers superior optical performance. ED glass minimizes chromatic aberrations, contributing to superb contrast and resolution performance.
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- Focus as close as 1.47 ft throughout entire zoom range.
- Non-Rotating front element provides for convenient use of circular polarizing filters and the Nikon Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System.
- A compact Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast and quiet autofocusing, along with quick switching between autofocus and manual operation (M/A and M).
- A seven-blade rounded diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- 67mm filter attachment size.
Type of lens: G-Type AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor lens with built-in CPU and Nikon bayonet mount (Designed exclusively for use with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras)
Focal length: Approximates the picture angle performance of a 28-200mm lens on 35mm SLR
Maximum aperture: f/3.5 ?? f/5.6
Lens construction : 15 elements in 13 groups (with one ED glass element and two aspherical lens elements)
Picture angle: 76 degrees - 12 degrees
Focal length scale: 18, 24, 35, 50, 70, 105, 135 mm
Distance information : Output to camera body
Zoom control: Manually via zoom ring
Focusing: Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) system utilizing an internal Silent Wave Motor; manually via focusing ring
Closest focus distance: 1.5 feet (0.45m) at all zoom settings
No. of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded)
Diaphragm: Fully automatic
Aperture range: f/3.5 to f/22 (at 18mm) f/5.6 to f/38 (at 135mm)
Exposure measurement : Via full-aperture method
Filter/attachment size: 67mm
Focus method: Compact SWM (Silent Wave Motor)
Dimensions: (approx.) 2.9 in. x 3.4 in. (80 x 143.5mm)
Weight: (approx.) 13.6 oz (745g)
Included accessories: LC-67 67mm snap-on front lens cap, LF-1 rear lens cap, HB-32 bayonet hood, CL-0915 flexible lens pouch
Optional accessories: 67mm screw-in filters