Think Outside The SLR
The Olympus AIR is a new concept, open platform camera that pairs the sophistication of digital interchangeable lens cameras with the intelligence of a smartphone. Olympus AIR offers all of the benefits of an interchangeable lens camera - like optical zoom, high image quality, big bright apertures, strong low light performance and shallow depth of field - in a sleek, simple form factor.
Enjoy the convenience of smartphone shooting without compromising image quality! The AIR A01 pairs the three pillars of Olympus' world renowned OM-D image quality - TruePic VII Image Processor, High Resolution 16MP Live MOS Sensor and completely digital M.Zuiko Micro Four Thirds Lens system - to produce stunning photos.
Creativity - From A Whole New Angle
Not only can you capture overhead or low to the ground shots with ease, with the AIR A01, the possibilities are endless! Left-handed shooting. Super Close Ups. Get shots in tight spots. Get aerial views. Mount it. Wear it. Hang It. Check composition using your smart device, or be bold and shoot free style using just the A01!
All About The Apps
The OA Central for Olympus AIR app is your gateway to creativity! With 6 different shooting features, you can enjoy classically composed portraits, artistic shots, creative photo collages and perfectly produced Full HD videos. With premium content right on your mobile device, you can immediate upload share-worthy shots to all your social media platforms.
Worried that your awesome shots are going to eat up all the storage on your phone? Fear not- the A01 is compatible with microSD cards, or you can choose to have your images automatically upload to Amazon Cloud Storage.
Love The Lenses
Whether you're a spontaneous street shooter, a portrait photographer, or the family memory keeper, we've got you covered. The growing M.Zuiko Micro Four Thirds lineup features over 20 different lenses, so there?s a perfect shooting option for all skill levels and shooting styles.
Serious Shooting Specs
The AIR A01 relies on the cutting edge technology of Olympus mirrorless cameras to deliver amazing imaging performance. With 10 frames per second bust shooting, a 1/16000th of a second silent shutter, F.A.S.T. 81-point Touch Autofocus system and TruePic VII Image Processor, you've got everything you need for quick, accurate shots!
Pairing your A01 with your smart device is quick and easy thanks to the step by step picture guide. Launch the OA Central app and follow the instructions and you'll be shooting in minutes. On future uses, just launch the app and you're ready to go! By combining the power of both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, the Air A01 maintains a stable connection for worry free shooting.
Are you an experienced digital photographer? Then you'll be right at home with the Mode Dial shooting function. It's everything you'd expect from a traditional camera like M, A, S and P modes, a super control panel, and the ability to control all your important settings like ISO, aperture, exposure, drive mode, aspect ratio and more! There?s even customizable function buttons so you can set it up exactly how you like to shoot!
The possibilities are endless thanks to the Art Filter, Color Creator, Photo Story and Genius functions of OA. Central. Use Art Filter to select your preferred look, with options like Vintage that uses muted tones, or Pinhole that adds gorgeous vignetting around your subject. Color Creator goes a step further and lets you enhance specific colors within the image. Not sure which one to use? Click on Genius, and for every shot you take, you'll get 6 different iterations that each have a unique look and feel!
Video Made Easy with Clips
The Clips feature takes all the guess work out of video editing so you can easily create short videos that are perfect for sharing online. Take several short snippets of video and use the Clips interface to rearrange them, add transitions or background music, apply creative art effects, and then package it all up in a portable file size that's quick and easy to upload.
- Product type: Micro Four Thirds System standard compliant, interchangeable lens open platform camera
- Memory: micro SD Memory Card*1 (SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I compatible) *1: Class 6 or higher is recommended for Movie shooting.
- Lens mount: Micro Four Thirds Mount
- Product Type: 4/3 Live MOS Sensor
- Number of pixels / aspect ratio: Number of effective pixels : Approx. 16.05 million pixels, Total number of pixels : Approx. 17.2 million pixels Aspect ratio : 1.33 (4:3)
- Recording format: DCF, DPOF compatible / Exif, PRINT Image Matching III,
- File format: RAW+JPEG, JPEG
- Recording image size: [RAW] 4608 x 3456, [JPEG] 4608 x 3456 - 640 x 480
- AF system: High-speed imager AF
- Focus mode: Single AF(S-AF)/ Manual Focus(MF)
- Face detection AF / Eye detection AF: Face detection AF / Eye detection AF
- Focusing point: 81-area multiple AF
- Metering system (TTL Image sensor metering): Digital ESP metering (324-area multi pattern metering), center-weighted average metering, spot metering(Single point)
- Metering range: EV -2 - 20 (using 17mm f2.8, ISO 100)
- Exposure mode: iAUTO, Program AE, Aperture priority AE, Shutter priority AE, Manual
- ISO sensitivity: Auto, LOW(ISO100), 200-12800
- Exposure compensation: Still photo +/- 5 EV*, movie +/- 3 EV, with selectable EV adjustment steps (1/3, 1/2, 1) *monitor and EVF displays only up to +/- 3 EV.
- Shutter type: Electronical shutter
- Shutter Speed: 1/16000-4sec
- Recording format: MOV (Movie:MPEG-4AVC/H.264, Sound:Stereo liner PCM/16bit, Sampling frequency:48kHz)
- Mode / frame rate / compression method: [MOV] Full HD:1920x1080?30p(29.97fps), 24Mbps(Fine)/16Mbps(Normal), Aspect ratio 16:9, HD:1280x720, 30p(29.97fps), 12Mbps(Fine)/8Mbps(Normal), Aspect ratio 16:9
- Maximum recording time: [MOV] Full HD : Approxinately 29min(Normal)/ Approxinately 22min(Fine)< HD : Approxinately 29min(Normal)/ Approxinately 22min(Fine)
- Image Stabilization for Movie: electronic image stabilizer (with multi motion IS)
- Exposure Control: Program AE
- White balance mode: Auto WB, 6 Preset WBs (Sunny, Shadow, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Underwater WB)
- Mode / frame rate / compression method: i-FINISH, Vivid, Natural, Flat, Portrait, Monotone, e-Portrait
- Gradation: Auto
- Aspect ratio: 4:3/3:2/16:9/1:1
- USB: Micro USB Connector (USB:USB2.0 Hi-Speed, USB Battery Charging)
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Built-in (Bluetooth Smart)
- Battery: Built-in Li-ion battery
- Number of recordable pictures: Approx. 320 shots (*based on CIPA test standards with 32GB micro SD card)
Dimensions: 56.9mm(W) x 57.1mm(H) x 43.6mm(D) [based on CIPA standards, excluding protrusions]
Weight: Approx. 147g (based on CIPA standards, including battery and memory card], Approx.146g [body only]
- Temperature: 0 ~ +35 Degrees Celcius (when in operation) / -20 ~ +60 Degrees Celcius (when not in operation)
- Humidity: 30 - 90% (when in operation) / 10 - 90% (when not in operation)
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Lens
An extremely portable 3X Electronic Zoom lens that will complement the compact design of any PEN or OM-D body. Less than 1 inch thick and packed with the latest in lens technology, this lens features an MSC focusing mechanism for near silent focusing, a circular aperture unit and no less than 8 lens elements in 7 groups including on ED and one HR lens element. The Electronic Retraction feature automatically extends and retracts the lens when the camera is powered on/off. And the two-step variable Electronic Zoom mechanism delivers smooth consistent zooming control especially desirable when shooting HD movies. An Automatic opening protective lens cap is optionally available.
- Mount Standard: Micro Four Thirds System Standard
- Focal Length [35mm Equivalent Focal Length]: 14-42mm [24-48mm]
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 7 Groups, 3 Aspherical lenses, 1 ED lens, 1 S-HR lens
- Dust, Splash Proof, Freezeproof: No
- Angle of View: 29-75 Degree
- AF System: High-speed Imager AF (MSC)
- Zoom Mechanism: Electric Zoom
- Closest Focusing Distance: 7.87" at 14mm, 9.8" at 42mm
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.23x [35mm Equivalent Max. Image Magnification]: [0.46x]
- Minimum Field Size: 57.9x76.9mm
- Number of Blades: 5 (Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
- Maximum Aperture: F3.5(F14mm) - F5.6(F42mm)
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Filter Size: Diameter 37mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.4" x .9"
- Weight: 3.2 oz.