- 7-14mm (14-28mm 35mm equivalent) lens with Splash and dustproof construction
- Manual focus clutch mechanism and L-Fn button for assignable functions
- 3 Super ED lens elements, 1 ED lens element, and 2 ELD elements to diminish aberrations
- 60% of the weight of 35mm full frame lens (with same angle of view and max. aperture)
Impressive Optical Performance
For a lens as light and compact as the M.Zuiko 7-14mm f2.8 PRO lens, there's a lot of very sophisticated technology happening inside. 14 individual lens elements in 11 groups featuring 3 Super ED lenses, 1 ED lens, and 2 EDA lenses work in complete harmony with the bright f2.8 aperture to deliver excellent imaging performance to the very edge of the frame.
Amazingly Portable. Seriously Weatherproof.
At just over 1 pound, you'll hardly notice the M.Zuiko 7-14mm f2.8 PRO in lens in your camera bag. Yet it provides the same angle of view and maximum aperture as an equivalent full-frame lens - at approximately 60% of the weight! And thanks to weatherproof sealing in 11 separate locations, it's virtually impervious to dust and ambient moisture.
Lens Function Button
For those who enjoy tinkering with settings to achieve optimum results, the incorporated L-Fn button makes switching things up quick and easy. Simply assign any of 27 different functions to the button which is positioned right on the lens barrel so you can press it without moving your left hand.
Videographers will appreciate the Movie-Still Compatible autofocus mechanism which provides swift, nearly silent autofocus operation. Buring playback, you'll enjoy the full spectrum of sound in the scene you recorded - without the distracting "whirr" of the lens elements moving back and forth as the focus shifts.
Manual Focus Clutch
Located on the focus ring, the Manual Focus Clutch enables yo to switch instantly between auto and manual focus. You can also preset a particular focus positiong (using the easy-to-read distance meter) and, by pulling the ring toward you, return instantly to that positing from AF mode.
Close Focusing Distance
The M.Zuiko 7-14mm PRO combines close-up shooting capability with an ultra-wide field of view for some truly dramatic shots. With the closest focusing distance at just under 7.5cm from the end of the lens, you can move in tight on the subject while still capturing an expansive background. Maximum image magnification is 0.12x (0.24x in 35mm equivalent).
Adapted from multilayer film dposition technology used in Olympus' industry-leading line of precision microscopes, the Zuiko Extra-Low Reflective Optical Coating practically eliminates ghosts and flares caused by in-frame light sources. This feature in invaluable when shooting into the sun or other back-lit situations.
Perfectly Complements other M.ZUIKO PRO Series Lenses
Add the M.Zuiko 7-14mm f2.8 PRO lens to the M.Zuiko 12-40mm f2.8 PRO and M.Zuiko 40-150mm f2.8 PRO telephoto lens and enjoy coverage from extreme wide angle through telephoto. And all 3 lenses PLUS an Olympus OM-D body weigh in at a combined 5 pounds!
Serious Hand-Held Performance
Paired with any of the three Olympus OM-D series cameras with 3- and 5-axis image stabilization - the M.Zuiko 7-14mm f2.8 PRO lens delivery remarkable low-light images thanks to the synergy between it's very bright f2.8 fixed aperture and the ability to shoot longer exposures afforded by the IS system.
- Focal Length: 7-14mm
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 14-28mm
- Lens Construction: 14 Elements in 11 Groups (2 Aspherical ED lenses, 1 DSA lens, 1 Aspherical lens, 3 Super ED lenses, 1 ED lens, 2 HR lenses)
- Dust & Splash Proof: Yes
- Focusing System: High-speed Imager AF (MSC)
- Angle of View: 114 - 75 Degree
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.2m
- Maximum Image Magnification: 0.11x
- 35mm Equivalent Max. Image Magnification: 0.22x
- Minimum Field Size: 157 x 118 mm
- Number of Blades: 7 (Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Filter Size: -
- Dimensions: Diameter 78.9x105.8mm
- Weight: 534gf
- Box Contents: Lens Cap(LC-79), Lens Rear Cap(LR-2), Lens Case(LSC-0914), Instruction Manual, Olympus Local Warranty Card