Acquire wide angle, extra zoom and the highest level of optical quality with the smc PENTAX DA 17-70mm f/4 ED AL [IF] SDM wide angle zoom lens. The exclusive lens SDM autofocus motor ideally complements current Pentax DSLRs with fast, accurate, quiet focus. Bringing together advanced optical technologies, including aspherical elements, special optical-glass elements, original Pentax SP (Super Protect) lens coatings, along with a Quick-shift Focus System, this new interchangeable lens is superior in terms of contrast, clarity and edge-to-edge sharpness.
- Extra zoom for a wide range of shooting applications from wide angle to telephoto.
- Exclusive lens SDM autofocus motor ideally complements modern PENTAX DSLR bodies with SDM capabilities.*
- PENTAX SP (Super Protect) coating protects the exposed lens elements.
- Quick-shift Focus System allows instant switching from auto to manual focus.
- Developed specifically for PENTAX digital SLRs.
- Focal length equivalent to 26-107mm in 35mm format.
*SDM-only focusing lens can still be used with non-SDM PENTAX DSLR bodies in manual focus mode.
- 17-70mm (equiv. 26-107mm)
Angle of View:
- 79-23 degrees (w/PENTAX DSLR)
Minimum Focusing Distance:
Number of Aperture Blades:
Lens Aperture Ring:
Maximum Diameter x Minimum Length:
- 3.0 x 3.7in (75 x 93.5mm)
Weight (w/o Hood):
SDM focusing only (body will not drive focus, must use with SDM capable camera or focus manually on a non-SDM capable camera), Quick-shift Focus, SP (Super Protect) Coating, hood filter window.