Planon's DocuPen R705+ is a handheld scanner that operates on batteries for full portability purposes. The DocuPen is capable of storing up to 200 pages into memory and takes approximately 4 to 8 seconds per page. The DocuPen is different from other pen scanners in that it scans a FULL PAGE width and therefore scans the entire page including text and graphics in just 4 seconds. Other handheld and pen scanners only scan single lines of text or records handwriting and cannot scan graphics making them much less practical.
In comparison, the DocuPen is truly a breakthrough in technological development because it fully realizes the potential of what other pen size scanners tried to accomplish. The need for convenient out of office scanning is enormous but has not been satisfied because the products to date did not fulfill that need adequately. As the fax evolved from the telex, to successfully satisfy its communication need, the DocuPen is the practical solution to the pen scanners finally opening the market for wide spread acceptance.
- Rechargeable lithium-Ion Battery Operated for Full Portability Purposes. Stores Up to 200 Pages into Memory
- Scans Take Approximately 4 to 8 Seconds
- Scans a Full Page Width Including Text & Graphics
- The DocuPen R700+ uses rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that allows the DocuPen to remain perpetually charged without utilizing a separate charging unit. Once a user plugs the DocuPen R700 into a computer's USB port to download the scanned information, the scanner's batteries are automatically recharged.
- Dual Roller Guiding System - The DocuPen R700 offers a dual-roller guiding system to enhance the user experience by creating a smoother scanning operation and a more accurate scan. The dual-roller guiding system includes strategically placed rollers around the scanner lens to distribute operator's pressure evenly for smooth and easy scans.
- Optical Registration - Using optical registration technology, the DocuPen R700+ can create a highly accurate scan using its optical timing and registration system.
- Free ScanSoft PaperPort Software Included with OCR Capability
- Leather Case Included
- The DocuPen! can be used to scan:Newspapers, Magazines, Books, Notes, Receipts, Contracts, Sketches, Important Documents, Certificates, Invoices
Medical Records, Blueprints, Maps, and Reference Material
- The DocuPen! is the ideal portable scanner for: Business Executives, Lawyers, Mortgage Brokers, Real Estate Agents, Title Searchers, Salespeople, Construction Workers, Architects, Engineers, Draftsmen, Accountants, Insurance Agents, Government Officials, Teachers, Students, Doctors, Genealogists, Contractors, and Investigators
- Use the DocuPen and scan anywhere and then view or print scans later: Court Room, School, Waiting Rooms, On a Plane, Client's Office, In Office Home, Office Library, Coffee Shop, On the bus, In a Car
Pen Size: 8.5" x 1/2" (205 mm x 12.7 mm)
Weight: 2 oz. (57 grams)
Scan Width: 8" (205 mm)
Resolution: 200 x 100 dpi; 200 x 200 dpi
Memory: 4MB Flash Memory
Batteries: Lithium Ion: Rechargeable Battery through USB cable
Battery Life: Perpetually Charged and ample to scan and fill 2 MB Flash memory
Charge Time: Perpetually Charged
Scan Speed: 4-8 seconds per page
Connectivity: USB 1.1 and 2.0 through integrated USB connector cable
Scan Mode: Monochrome
Included Accessories: USB Cable, Leather Case, Manuals, Quickstart Guides
Registration System: Optical
System Requirements: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP, 32 MB RAM minimum, 60 MB Hard Drive Space, USB port, CD ROM
Special Features: Dual Roller Guiding System