The CDJ-900NXS player shares the operability and highest performance functions of the industry standard CDJ-2000NXS. The CDJ-900NXS features a large full-color LCD screen, rekordbox music management, Wi-Fi and USB connectivity with smart devices, and a variety of performance functions including Beat Sync, Quantize and Beat Divide.
WINDOW OF FUNCTIONALITIES
The CDJ-900NXS utilizes a large full-color LCD panel to display a window of music information including track title, artist name, track number, time, tempo, beats per minute, and wave form.
- Browse Screen ? Displays album art, song name and artist for quick access.
- Wave/Wave Zoom ? In addition to displaying the entire wave form of current music playing, the player offers five levels of Wave Zoom to show the details of the wave form.
- Beat Count ? Accurately displays the number of beats until a set point.
- Phase Meter ? Displays the beats/bars of the music, which can also be seen on other connected players via Pro DJ Link
The CDJ-900NXS includes rekordbox, Pioneer's proprietary music management software that organizes and catalogs a DJ's entire music library. When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares it for use specifically with the new CDJ players. An iOS version for use with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices and Android OS version of rekordbox are also available for preparation of music while on the go. Key elements of Pioneer?s rekordbox software:
- Beats Per Minute (BPM) Data ? BPM and tempo information for each song is identified and processed into rekordbox for preparing and performing a set.
- Waveform Data ? The waveform of each song is identified and then displayed on screen for quick data visualization and for use with the needle search function.
- Tag Info & Artwork ? Edit and customize the file information to individual performance needs.
- Cue Points, and Loops ? Prepare and customize cues and loops.
- Playlists ? Create, edit, and manage customized playlists for various performances.
- Beatgrid ? Utilizing the new Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat.
Users can then transfer the analyzed music files to their preferred storage media and play them directly from the CDJ-900NXS. The software offers song information that can be viewed easily during performances on the player?s large display for quick search and access of content by genre, title, BPM, and more. In addition, as analyzed tracks are played, the unit automatically creates and saves a play history for review of past performances.
SMART DEVICE CONNECTIVITY
The CDJ-900NXS is equipped for conventional and wireless connectivity. The player enable users to utilize iPhone, iPad and iPad touch devices or Android OS devices as the source for music content and can be connected via USB or Wi-Fi. When used, the touchscreen of the connected devices becomes the navigation tool for content. For additional convenience, the included Mac version of rekordbox enables the CDJ-900NXS to connect to a home network and retrieve music content wirelessly from a network connected computer.
Adapting to today?s variety of media formats, the CDJ-900NXS enables playback of MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files from CDs and USB memory devices. A USB port located on top of the player enables users to switch out external storage devices quickly to minimize the need for connecting to laptop computers.
- Beat Divide ? An integrated function of the CDJ-900NXS, the Beat Divide enables a single beat of sound to be divided in 3/4, 1/3, 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8 increments and played for a specified number of beats without breaking the rhythm of the music.
- Beat Sync ? This feature lets users instantly match tempo and beat location of songs when CDJ players are connected to a mixer using PRO DJ LINK.
- Quantize ? Utilizing a Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and synching beats during manual looping or real-time cueing to reduce off-beat mistakes.
- Slip Mode ? When activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and continues audible playback at the exact time when the loop, reverse or scratch is ended, resulting in smoother transitions.
- Wolfson Processor ? To achieve excellent sound quality, the player is equipped with the audio industry?s highly respected Wolfson DAC processor, delivering a very transparent, accurate audio signal with a highly improved signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom.
- DJ software MIDI/HID control ? Each player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effectors and software by way of HID and/or MIDI.
- My Settings ? The function settings of a player can be saved to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch or USB storage device. For additional convenience, the settings can also be made on the rekordbox App or software, giving users the ability to switch to their settings when connecting to a CDJ-900NXS or CDJ-2000NXS.
- Traffic Light ? Utilizing a multi-player PRO DJ LINK connection, a green light indicates that music will sound harmonious with the key of the music being played.
- Active Loop ? Automatically starts loops when playback begins from a specified point.
- Beat Loop ? Enables construction of precise 4-beat loops simply by pressing a button.
- Playable Media - iPhone / iPad / iPod touch, Android phone / Android Tablet etc, USB storage devices (flash memory / HDD etc), Computers (Mac / Windows PC)?Audio CD, CD-R / RW
- Playable File - MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF (iOS version of "rekordbox" enable to playback only MP3 and AAC)
- USB Storage Support File Systems - FAT, FAT32, HFS+
- Frequency Response - 4 Hz ~ 20 kHz
- S/N Ratio - 115 dB or more
- Total Harmonic Distortion Ratio - 0.003 % or less
- USB Ports - USB A port x 1, USB B port x 1
- Audio Output Ports - AUDIO OUT (RCA) x 1, DIGITAL OUT (COAXIAL) x 1
- Other Ports - LAN (100Base-TX) x 1, CONTROL (3.5 mm mini plug) x 1
- Audio Output Voltage - 2.0 Vrms
- Power - AC 100-240V (50 Hz / 60 Hz)
- Electricity Consumption - 33 W
- Maximum External Dimensions - 320 mm (W) x 401.8 mm (D) x 105.5 mm (H)
- Weight - 4.3 kg
rekordbox SYSYEM REQUIREMENTS
- Mac OS X v10.8, 10.7, 10.6, or 10.5.8
- Windows 8 / Pro
- Windows 7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Ultimate / Business (SP2 and above)
- Windows XP Home Edition / Professional (SP3 and above)
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not supported
Visit rekordbox.com for latest supported OS information
- Playable Files - MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF