The HDJ-C70 professional on-ear headphones are intended for DJs who prefer a headset that is lightweight, extremely flexible, and can produce audio with more impactful bass and clear mid and high frequencies. The new HDJ-C70 model sets itself apart from other Pioneer HDJ offerings with the use of smaller, more compact ear cups, rotatable arms, interchangeable parts, and a minimalistic cosmetic look.
- New sleek minimalistic cosmetic look
- Lightweight ultra-comfortable fit with fully adjustable headband
- 15 ear cup positions, and slider arms can be rotated 90 degrees
- Sound-isolation "air chambers" help eliminate background noise
- Removable & interchangeable parts for greater longevity
The HDJ-C70 is fine tuned for pro-DJ monitoring. Newly developed 40mm aperture driver units and neodymium magnets deliver outstanding resolution, accurately reproducing deep bass and clear low to medium frequencies. A copper cap in the pole piece part inside the unit and a 2,000mW input capacity eliminate distortion, even with the volume cranked up.
The new headphones are also designed to help minimize loud background noise, often found in loud environments such as a DJ booth, by utilizing a special sound-isolation "air chamber" integrated into the housing of the earpiece. The innovative air chamber also helps to isolate low and mid frequencies resulting in better defined mid bass/mid range sound output. The ear pads use soft leather-type materials for a snug fit to enhance sound insulation.
Comfort and Fit
The headband of the HDJ-C70 is made of a polyamide resin for maximum flexibility, withstanding the constant pulling and twisting of the headphones by users. The ear cup housing also utilizes a ridged rubber ring for easier gripping of the headphones and reduced chances of slipping.
For an ultra-comfortable fit and to conform to different head sizes the ear cups of the HDJ-C70 are designed to move vertically along the slider arms, offering a total of 15 different positions. Furthermore, the slider arms can be rotated up to 90 degrees in each direction, providing the greatest flexibility for different styles of DJing.
The model incorporates soft, extremely comfortable low-resilience urethane memory foam ear pads to create a nice seal around the ears which also helps in reducing induced external sounds. The urethane memory pads are wrapped in soft black leather for maximum feel and extended comfort.
Furthermore, the HDJ-C70 features interchangeable parts for greater longevity. The headband, earpads, housing, cushion and cables can be removed and replaced (parts sold separately). The headphones are pre-installed with a 1.6m straight cord which but can also be swapped with an 1.0m curled cord (included). The cords have fine ribs to reduce tangling and noise from touching. A compact carrying pouch for added protection and convenience comes with the unit.
- Form: Fully enclosed dynamic stereo headphones
- Frequency range: 7 ~ 32,000 Hz
- Impedance: 40 Ohms
- Output sound pressure level: 100 dB
- Maximum output sound pressure level: 120 dB
- Maximum Input: 2,000 mW
- Unit aperture: 40 mm dynamic type
- Connection Cord: 5.1 feet stereo cable, 3.25 feet coiled cable (9.8 feet when extended)
- Plug: 3.5 mm stereo mini plug
- Weight: 6.9 ounces (not including cord)
- Included Accessories: 1/4" stereo plug adapter (screw-type), carry case, screwdriver for cord replacement