SanDisk is proud to announce our newest format to the SanDisk Ultra? II SD card family: SD High Capacity (SDHC) ? available in 4GB and 8GB. Included is our new MicroMate? SDHC compatible, high-speed USB 2.0 Reader! This will help and ensure your transition from the SD format, to the SDHC format ? for our cards and for compatible host devices.
SanDisk?s Ultra II is the high-performance digital memory solution for the photo enthusiast. This family of outstanding memory cards provides the durability and high-speed quality needed for advanced amateur photographers and photo enthusiasts.
SanDisk?s award-winning technology solidifies the strength of the SanDisk Ultra II family of high-performance memory cards.
- Write speed: 9MB/sec and Read speed: 10MB/sec*
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Compatibility tested with a broad range of high-end digital
- Speed performance rating: Class 4
MicroMate USB 2.0 Reader:
SDHC cards ship with the MicroMate USB 2.0 SD/SDHC Reader, to ensure compatibility when downloading pictures or other digital content
- Easily transfer files between your digital devices and computer
- High speed USB 2.0 certified reader/writer for fast data transfer
- Single slot that support SD/SDHC cards
- Also compatible with microSD/SDHC and miniSD/SDHC through a SD Adaptor (not included)
- Reader includes Cap ? cap can be used to cover either slot or USB connector end
What is SDHC?
To support the higher capacity needs, SD cards are now requiring a different design. The new SD 2.0 specifications which supports 4GB and up, is called Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC). The SD Association has created and defined 3 speed classes to help you identify speed and performance capabilities/minimum requirements of SDHC cards and their SDHC host products. Details on the SD 2.0 specification: http://www.sdcard.org
Cards address data (read and write) at numerous speeds. Many factors impede this performance. SDHC guarantees a minimum read and write speed necessary to handle recording high quality video and audio. The maximum card speed may vary, but you can always depend on SDHC cards to meet your SDHC host product''''s high quality performance requirements.
SDHC Compatibility Information
Because SDHC works differently (supports the new higher capacity cards) this new card format is not backwards compatible with legacy SD format host devices.