Get it together. Organize and back up all your content on one device and access it from anywhere. You can't enjoy what you can't find when your digital life is spread across multiple computers, hard drives and flash drives. With Seagate Central shared storage, it's simple to back up all your files, documents and media to one location on your network, and enjoy the convenience of a shared digital library that is compatible with both Macs and PCs. Access your music, movies and docs from computers, game consoles, Smart TVs and other connected devices throughout the home. If you own a Samsung Smart TV or Blu-ray Disc player with Smart Hub (2012 model or later), you can take advantage of the Seagate Media app to enjoy easy content browsing with your remote control.
Enjoy your content where you want, when you want. After downloading the free Seagate Media app, you can view your content by type, size, even compatibility, regardless if it is a PDF, Word doc, music, photo or movie file. The Seagate Media app offers a full screen view that allows for quick and easy selection as well as a visually rich experience that is available for Android and Apple platforms as well as Amazon Kindle.
You can even offload or back up your photos and personal videos from the Seagate Media app. Upload and download any of your files from most Web browsers-from anywhere-with the Central Remote Access Service.
Together At Last - All your videos, music, photos and documents stored on one device - your personalized cloud.
Connect Seagate Central to your Wi-Fi router to organize and back up all your content on one device that you can access from anywhere.
- Access your personal cloud from anywhere with a Web browser or the free Seagate Media app for tablets and smartphones
- Save your photos and video from tablets and smartphones anywhere you have an internet connection
- Wirelessly stream your media to gaming consoles, media players, Smart TVs, and connected devices
- Automatically back up multiple PC and Mac computers
- Experts love it: a PCMAG.com Editor's Choice award winner
Get it together. - You can't enjoy what you can't find. But when you load your photos, movies, music and documents onto Central, all your files will be organized in one spot where they're easy to access.
Free Personal Cloud App for Anywhere Access - Whether you're at home or on the road, the free Seagate Media app for iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle, and Windows 8/RT makes it easy to browse and enjoy your content with a mobile device. Upload and back up photos and video from tablets and smartphones anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection.
Your personal cloud at home. - Stream your movies, music, and photos to:
- Roku: view movies, listen to music, and play a slideshow easily on a Roku streaming player using the Seagate Media Channel
- Samsung Smart TVs: enjoy a unique app that features cover art, song listings, and simple remote control navigation
- AirPlay and AppleTV: enjoy content from your iPad and iPhone on AppleTV or -AirPlay-enabled devices
- DLNA devices: stream to any DLNA compliant devices on your network such as a gaming console, Smart TV, Blu-ray player, or audio system
Relax knowing that all of your computers are backed up.
With Central it's simple to automatically back up multiple PC and Mac computers. Central comes with premium backup software for PCs and works seamlessly with Time Machine backup software for Mac.
On-the-go personal cloud access with web browsers. - Easily access and upload content using virtually any computer or mobile device and a Web browser.
- Securely share large files with family and friends via private email invitation.
Upload and download content anywhere you have an Internet or 3G/4G connection
- Save and share social media. - Automatically download user-generated photos and videos directly from your Facebook account.
Interface - Ethernet
Capacity - 4TB
Length - 145.0mm
Width - 216.0mm
Typical Weight - 980g