150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens and Teleconverter TC-1401
When paired, the teleconverter and lens offer 210-840mm F6.3-9 zoom lens reach, with full autofocus functionality with most recent DSLR cameras.
150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens
The Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 DG HSM OS Contemporary was created around the concept of maximum portability meets utmost image quality in a variable aperture hyper-telephoto zoom lens. Light weight and compact, this s zoom can handle any long-reach photographic situation one may encounter. This 150-600mm Contemporary boasts updated Sigma technology such as a quiet and optimized Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) and a new Optical Stabilizer (OS) with an accelerometer for improved panning photography both vertically and horizontally, essential for birding, wildlife and motor photography. The Sigma 150-600 Contemporary also touts a new zoom lock switch that can be locked at any focal length and a new manual override (MO) switch is incorporated for improved focusing control. Working with the Sigma USB dock, this lens allows for maximum customization such as firmware updates and adjustments to the focus limiter, AF speed and OS view.
USB Dock Compatibility
Sigma has developed special software (SIGMA Optimization Pro) that can update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus. In addition, the lenses from our Sports line have customizable AF speed, focus limiter, OS function and full-time manual focus function. The "Custom Mode Switch" is the device for further customization on the dedicated lenses. USB Dock is sold separately.
Sigma Mount Conversion Service
Sigma will convert the current mount of your Sigma Global Vision lens to another of your choice. Sigma lenses currently from the Contemporary, Art or Sports line, in Sigma, Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax mounts can be converted to Sigma, Canon, Nikon, Sony or Pentax. They cannot be converted to either an APS-C or a Full Frame format.
- First hyper-telephoto zoom from the Contemporary line
- Lightweight and compact in construction for higher useability
- Water and oil repellent coating on front glass element makes maintenance of the lens surface easier
- Dust proof and splash proof mount
- Filter Size: 95mm
- 20 Elements in 14 Groups
Angle of View
- 16.4 degrees - 4.1 degrees
Number of Diaphragm Blades
Minimum Focusing Distance
- 280cm / 110.2 in
Filter Size (mm)
Dimensions (Diameter x Length)
- 105 x 260.1mm / 4.1 x 10.2in
- 1930g / 68oz
- Sigma - DG, OS, HSM
- Nikon - DG, OS, HSM
- Canon - DG, OS, HSM
Better Reach, Great Quality
Equipped with 1 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element for maximum image quality, the new Sigma Global Vision teleconverters utilize a splash and dust proof construction for long lasting durability. Created exclusively for the Global Vision lenses, these teleconverters ensure the utmost in compatibility, even for large diameter lenses. With effective AF at F8 and 1.4x the reach, get the most out of your Sigma lens.
- Magnification of focal length of 1.4x
- Auto focus is effective up to F8
- Its durable construction is both dust and splash proof
- 7 Elements in 5 Groups
Shooting Range and Shooting Ratio
- 1.4 times the magnification of the original lens
Dimensions (Diameter x Length)
- 69.8 x 25.0mm / 2.7 x 1.0in
- 190g/ 6.7oz
- 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports (Canon, Nikon, Sigma)
- 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports (Canon, Nikon, Sigma)
- 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary (Canon, Nikon, Sigma)
- Note: When SIGMA TELE CONVERTER TC-1401 is attached to cameras that are compatible with AF at F8, it is possible to shoot with AF. In cases where contrast or brightness level of the shooting object is low, it may not focus properly. Also, please be advised that the updated version of lens firmware will make it compatible with the new tele converters, however it will also make it incompatible with conventional APO TELE CONVERTER 1.4x EX DG and APO TELE CONVERTER 2x EX DG.