When you need a medium-telephoto standard lens for everything from portraiture to sports, the fast Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Lens for Canon EOS Digital SLRs is a great solution. This large aperture beauty is designed with an SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element and a glass mold element which yield first-class, sharp image captures with high contrast.
The 85mm f/1.4 has Sigma's HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) which provides fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing. The exterior of this lens is EX-finished which translates to a superior build and optical quality, enhanced handling and appearance. It comes with a petal-type hood to block out extraneous light. A dedicated hood adapter for cameras with an APS-C size image sensor is also included to expand the length of the hood for blocking out extraneous light more effectively.
This fast f/1.4 lens is great for capturing fast moving images, allowing you to use faster shutter speeds, and is what you want when shooting under low lighting conditions. This highly efficient lens has a nine blade circular diaphragm for creating pleasant out-of-focus highlights (bokeh) which is a major asset to portrait and wedding photographers.
Note: This lens is designed for use with full frame digital cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 127.5mm with most cameras.
Note! If the camera body does not support HSM, autofocus will not be available.
Warranty - 1 year America Warranty + 3 year USA extended warranty on manufacturing and workmanship for a total of 4 years of coverage from date of purchase.
- Sigma's 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM lens is a large aperture medium telephoto lens optimized for use with digital SLR cameras and is especially ideal for portrait and low light photography.
- Designed with SLD glass and a glass mold element excellent color correction is achieved for all types of aberrations and superior optical performance is ensured.
- It is equipped with a rear focus system that minimizes fluctuations of aberrations caused by focusing and the Super Multi Layer (SML) coating reduces flare and ghosting even in backlight photography.
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed autofocus capability. and
- The round 9 blade diaphragm creates pleasant out-of-focus highlights.
- Made in Japan.
Focal Length - 85 mm
Aperture - Maximum: f/1.4
Camera Mount Type - Canon EF
Format Compatibility - 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Angle of View - 28.6-degrees
Minimum Focus Distance - 2.79' (85 cm)
Magnification - 0.11x
Maximum Reproduction Ratio - 1:8.6
Groups/Elements - 8/11
Diaphragm Blades - 9
Image Stabilization - No
Autofocus - Yes
Tripod Collar - No
Filter Thread - 77 mm
Dimensions (DxL) - Approx. 3.4 x 3.4" (8.64 x 8.64 cm)
Weight - 1.60 lb (725 g)