- 4K Ultra HD for four times the detail of Full HD.
- Reduced shake with Balanced Optical SteadyShot.
- Full camera control includes power ON/OFF with supplied RM-LVR3.
- New user interface provides intuitive camera operation.
- Shoot at desired angle with adjustable FOV and zooming.
Reduced shake with Balanced Optical SteadyShot
Take POV action movies to a new level with high-resolution 4K. Capture stable images as never before with Balanced Optical SteadyShot. Shoot anywhere with Action Cam real-world rugged design.
Create 4K Time-lapse movies
Use 4K Time-lapse Capture to shoot a series of stills of a scene over a period of time. Then edit the entire sequence with Action Cam Movie Creator into a 4K Time-lapse movie. Action Cam App can create a Time-lapse movie in Full HD.
Advanced editing features
Utilize manual settings like white balance and AE shifting to match brightness/hue and for finer editing. Also use Time Code and User Bit (TC/UB) data to edit footage from multiple devices.
Display your Action Cam route
Built-in GPS shows where you went. Location tracking and speedometer can be viewed on the movie image when you use Action Cam Movie Creator.
Highlight Movie Maker detects faces
In-camera Highlight Movie Maker immediately makes a short highlight movie with your favorite music for sharing. Faces as well as action are detected and used in your movie.
Rugged shielding for real-world conditions - For shooting as unlimited as your imagination
You're ready to shoot with the right protection. The Action Cam body alone is splashproof and freezeproof, and supplied Underwater Housing is dustproof, shockproof and waterproof to 197 ft/60 m.
- Camera Type: Digital 4K Video Camera Recorder
- Auto Non Flicker: Yes
- Gain Control: Auto
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.5 type(7.20mm) back-illuminated "Exmor R"CMOS Sensor
- Processor: BIONZ X image processor
- Pixel Gross: Approx.8.57 Megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Movie: Approx.8.2 Megapixels(16:9) Still: Approx.8.2 Megapixels(16:9) * When "STEADYSHOT" is set to "OFF" * When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE"
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Media Type: MP4: Memory Stick Micro (Mark 2), Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher), XAVC S(50Mbps): Micro SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), XAVC S(60Mbps): Micro SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class10 or Higher), XAVC S (100Mbps): Micro SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I U3 or Higher)
- Still Image Mode: JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Approx.8.2 Megapixels *When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE".
- Video Format: MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 XAVC S format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Video Resolution: MP4 PS:1920x1080 60p/50p, HQ:1920x1080 30p/25p STD:1280x720 30p/25p HS120(HS100):1280x720 120p/100p HS240(HS200):800x480 240p/200p XAVC S 4K 30p/25p:3840x2160 30p/25p 24p:3840x2160 24p XAVC S HD 120p/100p:1920x1080 120p/100p 240p/200p:1280x720 240p/200p 60p/50p:1920x1080 60p/50p 30p/25p:1920x1080 30p/25p 24p:1920x1080 24p
- Video Actual (Pixel): Approx.8.2 MP *When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE"
- Video Signal: UHDTV, HDTV, NTSC color, EIA standards, PAL color, CCIR standards
- Audio Format: MP4/MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch XAVC S/LPCM 2ch
- Microphone/Speaker: Built-in Microphone, Monaural Speaker
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR): PS:approx.28Mbps/ HQ:approx.16Mbps/ STD:approx.6Mbps/ HS120(HS100):approx.28Mbps/ HS240(HS200):approx.28Mbps/
- Movie Recording Rate(Average Bit Rate/VBR): 30p/24p:approx.60Mbps/approx.100Mbps 25p:approx.60Mbps/approx.100Mbps 120p/240p:approx.60Mbps/approx.100Mbps 60p/30p/24p:approx.50Mbps 100p/200p:approx.60Mbps/approx.100Mbps 50p/25p:approx.50Mbps
- Still Image File Format: DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Still Image Size(Photo Mode): Photo Mode Approx.12.0 Megapixels 16:9 (4624x2600) *When "Angle setting" is set to "WIDE". Approx.6.1 Megapixels 16:9 (3280x1848) Approx.3.0 Megapixels 16:9 (2304x1296) *When "Angle setting" is set to "MEDIUM". Time-lapse Capture Mode Approx.2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080) Approx.8.3 Megapixels 16:9 (3840x2160) Motion Shot LE
- Photo Recording Mode Approx.2.1 Megapixels 16:9 (1920x1080)
- Wind Noise Reduction: Yes (Off / On)
- Audio Recording ON/OFF: Yes
- Maximum Capacity of External Media: 128GB (As of 12/2015)
- Progressive Mode: Yes
- Lens Type: ZEISS Tessar
- Lens Stabilization: Balanced Optical SteadyShot
- Aperture: F2.8
- Digital Zoom: 3x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): Movie: f=17mm (Wide), f=23mm (Medium), f=32mm (Narrow) Photo: f=17mm (Wide), f=23mm (Medium), f=32mm (Narrow) Time-lapse Capture Mode: f=17mm (Wide), f=23mm (Medium), f=32mm (Narrow)
- Minimum Focus Distance: Approx. 19 3/4 i nch (50cm)
- Focal Distance: f=2.6mm
- Steady Shot Mode:Active: 17 mm
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment
- Exposure Compensation: AE Shift
- Exposure Settings: Auto
- Scene Mode(s): Auto / Underwater
- Noise Reduction: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Color Temp / Custom
- Minimum Illumination: 6 lux (1/30 Shutter Speed)
- Backlight Compensation: Yes (Auto)
- Drive Mode: Single Shooting / Burst Shooting / Motion Shot LE
- Self-timer: Yes (2sec/10sec)
- Shutter Speeds: Auto Control Range: 1/30 - 1/10,000 (30fps)
- Media/Battery Indicator: Yes (recordable time) / Yes (remaining capacity)
- Remote Control: Yes (REC S/S, and TC Reset only)
- Fast Playback: About 5 times/10 times
- Image Management File Repair: Yes (Auto)
- On Screen Main Indicators: Recording Mode
- On Screen Main Indicators: Image stabilization
- On Screen Main Indicators: GPS Tracking Status
- On Screen Main Indicators: Shooting Mode Status
- Waterproof: Yes (In use with Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1)
- Dustproof: Yes (In use with Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1)
- Airplane Mode: Yes
- Embedded GPS: Yes
- Image Stabilization: Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode
- Loop Recording: Yes
- Shockproof: Yes (In use with Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1)
- Time Code: Yes (XAVC S only)
- Wi-Fi: Yes (Built-in)
- NFC: One-touch remote
- Power Save: Yes
- Memory Card Slot: Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- NFC: Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- HD Output: HDMI Out (micro)(sold separately)
- BRAVIA Sync: Yes
- Microphone Input: Stereo Minijack
- HDMI Terminal: Yes (HDMI micro) (output only)
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal: Yes
- STD Output: Composite Video Out (AV CABLE VMC-15MR2 (sold separately))
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx.2.0W
- Power Requirements: 3.6V (battery pack)
- Battery Type: NP-BX1
- Charge on camcorder (Charging time with supplied Battery): Yes (approx. 4h 05 min)