Enjoy music as the artist intended with High-Resolution Audio
Take your digital music collection to another level with High-Resolution Audio. By capturing music at a higher rate than CD (up to 384 kHz/32-bit, rather than 44.1 kHz/16-bit), High-Resolution Audio allows you to get closer to the original studio recording and enjoy your music just as the artist intended.
Superior sound with a dedicated USB DAC amp
With a dedicated USB DAC amp connecting your headphones and compatible PC, smartphone or Walkman, you'll enjoy higher quality streaming of High-Resolution Audio. The amp takes over responsibility from your portable device for processing and converting digital data, then amplifies sound using its own integrated amplifier.
Full support for DSD and PCM encoding
With support for both DSD (Direct Stream Digital) and 384 kHz/32-bit PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) encoding formats, you'll enjoy authentic, original sound that's closer to the original studio recording. Both formats digitize the analog source: DSD captures sound data as a sequence of single bit values (including 192 kHz/24 bit, DSD2.8, DSD128, and DSD64) with a high sampling rate of up to 5.6 MHz (128 times the sampling rate of CD). While PCM digitally samples the original audio source, then converts the signal into binary digits called 'bits'.
Multi-connections for versatile listening
Be well-connected with this USB DAC amplifier. Two Micro USB ports let you charge the device through one, and connect to your Xperia smartphone, Walkman, and PC. There's also an optical connector supporting up to 192 kHz/24 bit PCM input - ideal for hooking up to an AV receiver. Plug in through a stereo input, or use the supplied balanced cable to plug in through a balanced audio mini jack. Left and right inputs ensure rich, balanced sound.
Wide frequency response for ultra clear harmonics
The wideband frequency range - spanning 10 Hz to 100 kHz - is designed for today's broad variety of music styles. At the 100 kHz high-end, you'll be able to enjoy vocal melodies, subtle audio harmonics and tonality in outstanding clarity, as well as feel sound beyond your natural hearing. This is especially relevant with High-Resolution Audio, which unlike CD and MP3 music, supports high frequencies up to 100 kHz for a more realistic, emotive sound.
Upscale MP3 tracks with DSEE-HX
Go beyond CD quality. DSEE HX builds on our proprietary DSEE technology, upscaling compressed audio files to a level that's closer to High-Resolution Audio. By restoring the subtleties of the original recording that are lost during the compression process, DSEE HX is able to deliver a rich, studio-quality audio experience.
Balanced audio cuts cross-talk
With a supplied balanced 4-wire connection and silver-copper dual cord, audio channel separation is improved for better sound. Unlike conventional headphone cords, which share a ground wire, this cord includes left, right and independent ground wires for both channels, so you hear less distortion and cross-talk.
Ready to go with a range of cables
Everything is supplied in the box to get you going, including digital cables for Apple and Walkman devices, a Micro USB cable for Android and Xperia devices, analog cable for MP3 players, USB charging cable and a silicon band for easily attaching the amp to your music player.
- Full Hi-Res audio: PCM 384 kHz/32 bit, DSD 2.8/5.6MHz
- Digital connectivity with compatible PCs, Walkman, Xperia, and iOs devices
- Balanced audio output capable (ideal for use with MDR-Z7 and XBA-Z5)
- Asynchronous, precision USB clock for superior sound
- Separate operational & headphone amps for clear, powerful sound
- High-class DA convertor for bit-perfect sound
- DSEE HX revitalizes and upscales compressed audio to Hi-Res levels
- Enhances non hi-res music sources (via analog input)
- Line-out to connect external amp or active speaker
- Durable aluminum enclosure with protective bumpers
- Built-in Lithium-ion battery for (up to 28 hours) on the go
- Digital Optical Input for enhanced connectivity
- Supplied with: silicon band and digital/analog connecting cables
- Distortion: 0.01% or less (1 kHz)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 100 kHz (AUDIO IN input)
- Sampling Frequency: PCM (PC connection Maximum 384kHz/32bit), DSD (2.8MHz,5.6MHz)
- Volume Control: Rotary
- Case Type: Aluminum chassis
- Impedance: Supported impedance: 8 - 600 Ohm (Normal - High)
- Power On/Off: Integrated: Rotary power/volume knob
- Recharging Time: Approx. 15 hours (PC Connection)
- Type of Use: Portable and Home
Inputs and Outputs
- DC-In: Inputs (1): USB Micro-B input
- Digital Audio Input(s): Inputs (4): Computer, Walkman, Xperia connecting port, iPhone, iPod, iPad connecting port, Optical input connecting port, Stereo Mini Jack
- Input(s): Analog (1)
- Output(s): Outputs (3): 3-pole mini jack (BALANCED-L) 3-pole mini jack (BALANCED-R) Stereo mini jack*1 (NORMAL)
- Battery Charging (Approx): Charging via USB: Appox. 15 hours from empty to full
- Battery Indicator: Yes: Lights up green when power is turned on, flashes to indicate battery level. See manual for details.
- Battery Life (Approx): Digital (balanced) connection: Approx. 5 hours
- Battery Life (Approx): Analog connection: Approx. 17 hours
- Battery Type: Built-in Lithium ion rechargeable battery
- Input Voltage: Maximum: 2 Vrms (AUDIO IN)
- Output Power: Maximum output: Approx. 320mW + 320mW (Balanced Connection, 32 Ohms, 1% distortion)
- Power Source: DC 3.7 V Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 80 mm x 29 mm x 140.5 mm (3.14 x 1.14 x 5.53 in.)
- Weight (Approx.): Approx. 10.6 oz. (300 g) - rechargeable battery included