Internal Focusing System - Internal lens elements move, so the overall length does not change creating a lens that focuses more quickly and doesn't change balance.
Sophisticated Multi-Element Design - 16 lens elements in 13 groups correct visual aberrations across the entire zoom range and help reduce weight.
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass - ED Glass lens elements minimize flare and greatly reduce chromatic aberration, giving you sharp, clear shots even at full telephoto extension.
Circular Aperture - Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
Advisory when using DT lenses with full-frame (35mm equivalent) DSLR cameras.
Sony a (alpha) lenses with the Digital Technology (DT) designation are ideal for use on APS-C size DSLR cameras and are not recommended for use with full frame DSLR camera bodies (such as the DSLR-A900). Although DT lenses can be used with full frame cameras, they can only realize a maximum of 11MP image size (when using the DSLR-A900), and are not guaranteed to provide accurate Auto Exposure performance.
- Lens Type: Standard Zoom
- Aperture (Max.): f/3.5 - 6.3
- Aperture (Min.): f/22 - 40
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 13 groups, 16 elements
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1' 6" (45cm)
- Aspheric Elements: 3 aspheric
- Distance Encoder: Yes
- Distance Scale: Yes
- Aperture Blade: 7 aperture blades
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): APS: 18-250mm (35mm Equivalent: 27-375mm)
- Magnification: x 0.29
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 3 x 3-3/8" (75 x 86mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 15.5 oz (440g)
- Removable Flash Media Compatibility: