This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
Enjoy superior sound with 7.2 channels and 165 watts of power, driven by the largest capacitors and transformer in its class, while easily streaming music with built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Google Cast for Audio, and AirPlay. Featuring 4K resolution upscaling and pass-through, 10 HD inputs and support for 2 separate powered zones and Hi-Res audio compatibility, this receiver is the ultimate high-resolution sound stage for your music, Blu-ray movies, games and more.
7.2 Ch. Of Power
165W per channel, this powerhouse envelopes you in a new level of sound performance (165W x 7 @ 6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD). Added amplifier functionality allows for configuration flexibility including: speakers A or B, speakers A and B, in addition to Bi-Amp.
Built for sound
Employing design and build cues from our ES line, it all begins with a rigid steel chassis. To this structure, we then mount: an epoxy resin infused power amp PWB for improved stability, a high-capacity power transformer, custom heat sink, and other specially designed and selected audio-grade components that all add up to outstanding sound quality.
7 High Definition inputs for system flexibility
Flexible HD connectivity with 6 HDMI inputs (1in/1out HDCP 2.2 compliant), and 1 component input, this receiver supports simple connectivity and full-playback of copyright-protected 4K content, like blockbuster movies. HDMI TV connectivity with Audio Return Channel support ensures simple, one cable connectivity and maximum Audio/Video performance.
Wirelessly connect to your home network and access the music on your: computer, network storage device, smartphone, or built-in music services. Also AirPlay compatible, you can easily stream your music and music apps from your iPhone/iPod Touch, iPad or iTunes.
Easily expand and control your music across multiple, compatible speakers in separate rooms with powerful multi-room capability and intuitive SongPAL Link app functionality.
Google Cast for Audio
Google Cast for Audio lets you enjoy your favorite music apps, online radio stations, and podcasts from your smartphone, tablet, or PC on your AVR. With Google Cast for Audio, your phone, tablet, or PC is your remote control. Listening to music is as easy as the press of the cast icon. Search, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the apps you know and love.
High-Resolution Audio playback
Built-in LAN and USB connectivity supports high bit rate 192k/24-bit WAV/FLAC audio, and even DSD playback. Additional file formats support includes: MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV192k, FLAC 192k, ALAC, AIFF and DSD (2.8MHz). And for low quality audio signals, Sony D.L.L. (Digital Legato Linear) technology ensures high-quality sound.
Advanced on-screen graphical user interface
Quickly and easily maximize your in-home theater experience via the newly improved Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration feature and supplied microphone. Using the intuitive, graphical user interface, you can easily adjust settings, change inputs, and confirm volume levels on-screen.
Flexible 2nd zone connectivity and control
Easily expand your audio/video experience beyond the living room with flexible 2nd zone connectivity and control. Complete with dedicated 2nd zone HDMI, IR repeater, and both amplified and line-level audio connectivity, all audio (including network services, Bluetooth devices and USB) and video sources connected to the STR-DN1060 can be independently controlled and output from the Main Zone to a second zone (bedroom or den).
System Control with your iOS or Android device
Download the free SongPal and from iTunes or the Google Play Store and use your iPhone or Android devices with the SongPal app to control receiver functionality including volume and input selection.
Music streaming flexibility
Stream audio and control your Bluetooth experience with compatible music devices, smartphones or tablets. Built-in SBC and AAC codec support avoids signal quality loss when streaming music wirelessly. New for 2015, you can now stream audio using compatible Bluetooth headphones for a quality listening experience without disturbing the peace.
Audio streaming maximized
LDAC, a new Sony audio technology, allows for high quality wireless Bluetooth audio streaming. With 3x the data transmission capability, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
DSEE HX offers natural sound with a spacious feel by revitalizing the audio signal and also restoring the high frequency sounds stripped by the audio compression process to near hi-resolution sound quality.
Pure Direct mode preserves signal clarity and detail by switching off unnecessary signal processing circuitry to provide the cleanest possible signal path with minimized electronic interference.
24p True Cinema pass-through
The STR-DN1060 allows full, native 4K video content pass-through to 4K capable televisions and projectors. It can even up-scale high definition movies and TV shows to 4K quality. Watch Blu-ray Disc movies in their native frame rate (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p compatible HDTV and playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player or PlayStation gaming console via HDMI cable.
Standby Audio/Video signal pass-through
Enjoy convenient access to all of your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the receiver. When the mood calls for it, you can even wake the receiver from Standby by depressing the play button.
Stop missing out on dynamic movie sound effects when you need to keep the volume at low levels. Sound Optimizer delivers optimized sound effect reproduction while maintaining the intended sound stage at high or low volume levels.
As if connected with a wireless HDMI cable, you can mirror your Android device on the BIG screen in high-definition and with multi-channel audio.
Smartphone connectivity via MHL
Directly connect your smartphone via an MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) certified HDMI cable and let your favorite personal video clips, music, and more loose on the big screen complete with big sound. MHL also supports the charging of connected devices.
Listen to music and watch video stored on your iPod or iPhone while charging your device through the front USB input. Easily connect compatible, portable devices including: Android smartphones, iPod/iPhones, digital music players, and even USB thumb drives or hard drives.
HD Digital Cinema Sound with front-High speakers
Optimize your receiver settings to mimic movie theater sound characteristics. Front Height mode enables vocal height and 3D effects for improved effects positioning and added depth. Imagine as a helicopter descends from above and lands right in front of you - you'll hear the change in height as the effect unfolds on-screen.
Sony Sound field technology
Enjoy the moving experience of your favorite live performances performed in your living room when you embrace legendary Sony engineering expertise.
BRAVIA Sync Capable (HDMI CEC)
Conveniently operate and control select Sony BRAVIA Sync devices with one remote including: Sony Blu-ray Disc Players, BRAVIA HDTVs, Sony home theater products.
Seamless IP Integration
With help from your authorized dealer/installer the STR-DN1060 can be easily integrated into Control and AMX Beacon systems using the supplied Ethernet terminal, 12-volt trigger and IR (in/out), for added installation flexibility.
- MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) Front/Rear: 2 (1 Front / 1 Rear) Supported MHL version Incorporates MHL 2 Maximum current 900 mA
- 2nd Zone Output: Audio: Speaker (Variable) / Line (Fixed) Video: HDMI
- Advanced Auto Volume: Yes
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bi-AMP: Common with Surround Back
- Digital Legato Linear: Yes
- Number of Amp channels: 7ch
- OP processing: Yes
- Sound Optimizer: Yes
- Speaker Impedance: 6-16 ohms
- Speaker Selector: A / B / A+B / Off
- Speaker Terminal: Screw (Ni)
- Sub Woofer X' Over: 17 points (40 - 200 Hz)
- (6Ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven) THD: 0.9%
- (6Ohms, 1kHz, 2ch driven) THD: 1%
- 6Ohms, 1kHz, 1ch driven: 165 W
- 6Ohms, 1kHz, 2ch driven: 120 W + 120 W
- 6ohms, 20-20kHz, 2ch driven: 100 W + 100 W (0.09%)
CIS & Control Features
- 2nd A: Speaker (Variable)/ Line (Variable + Fixed)
- IP Control: Yes
- Automatic Phase Matching: Yes
- Band: 6
- DCAC: Advanced D.C.A.C.
- Mic: Mono
- CIS IP Control: Yes
- DLNA Party Streaming: Singer/Listener
- Internet Music Service: Yes (Spotify Connected/Tunein/Pandora/Music Unlimited)
- Mobile Application: SongPal/TVSideview
- Music Decoding Format for Network Client: Supported formats: MP3 (MPEG 1 Audio Layer-3): 32 kbps ? 320 kbps, VBR AAC: 16 kbps ? 320 kbps, CBR, VBR WMA9 Standard: 40 kbps ? 320 kbps, CBR, VBR WAV: 32 kHz ? 192 kHz, 16 bit PCM 32 kHz ? 192 kHz, 24 bit PCM FLAC: 44.1 kHz ? 192 kHz, 16 bit FLAC 44.1 kHz ? 192 kHz, 24 bit FLAC AIFF: 32 kHz ? 192 kHz, 16 bit PCM 32 kHz ? 192 kHz, 24 bit PCM ALAC: 32 kHz ? 96 kHz, 16 bit ALAC 32 kHz ? 96 kHz, 24 bit ALAC DSD: 2.8MHz, 1 bit
- Network Client: Yes (Music)
- Network Renderer: Music/Video/Photo
- Sony Entertainment Network: Yes
- 192kHz/24bit: Yes
- 96kHz/24bit: Yes
- DTS / DTS-ES (Matrix6.1 / Discrete6.1): Yes/Yes
- DTS 96/24/ DTS Neo:6: DTS 96/24
- DTS HD MA/ DTS HD HR: Yes/Yes
- Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Digital: Yes/Yes
- Dolby Dual Mono: Yes
- Dolby Prologic/II /IIx /IIz: Yes/Yes/Yes/-
- Dolby TruHD/Dolby Digital +: Yes/Yes
- 2ch: Yes
- A.F.D. Auto: Yes
- Analog Direct: Yes
- Concert Hall: Concert Hall B
- HD-D.C.S.: Yes
- Headphone 2ch: Yes
- Headphone Direct: Yes
- Jazz Club: Yes
- Live Concert: Live House
- Multi Stereo: Yes
- Neo:6 Cinema: Yes
- Neo:6 Music: Yes
- PLII Movie: Yes
- PLII Music: Yes
- PLIIx Movie: Yes
- PLIIx Music: Yes
- Portable Audio Enhancer: Yes
- Sports: Yes
- Stadium: Yes
- Auto Tuning: Yes (GUI)
- Direct Tuning: Yes (GUI)
- Preset Channel (FM/AM): 30 FM
- Station Name: Yes
- 2nd V: HDMI
- 3rd A: Speaker
- Certification (AMX/Crestron/Control 4): Yes (AMX and Control 4) Yes (SDDP - Control 4)
- IR Repeat (In/Out): 1 In/1 Out
- Assignable Component Video In: Yes
- Auto Standby: Yes
- Digital Input Assign: Component/Optical/Coax
- Display: 10-digit, dot matrix
- Easy Automation: Yes, Custom Preset Input Assign: Component/Optical/Coax
- GUI: Yes w/GUI Blending
- GUI Language: English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese
- Pin Jack: Nickel
- Power Consumption: 240W
- Power Consumption (Power Stand By): 0.3W
- Power Requirement: 120 V 60 Hz
- Sleep Timer: Up to 2 hours
- Update Capability: Internet and USB
- iPod Browsing with System (via USB): Supports music on: iPhone 5s iPhone 5c iPhone 5 iPhone 4S iPhone 4 iPhone 3GS iPhone 3G iPod classic iPod Touch (5th, 4th, and 3rd gen.) iPod (2nd gen.) iPod nano (7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, and 3rd gen.).
Inputs and Outputs
- Analog Audio In: 4 (not including AV in) Sensitivity: 500 mV/50 kilohms S/N3): 105 dB (A, 500 mV4))
- Coaxial: 1 Digital (Coaxial) Impedance: 75 ohms S/N: 100 dB (A, 20 kHz LPF)
- Optical In: 2 Digital (Optical) S/N: 100 dB (A, 20 kHz LPF)
- Headphone Out: Yes (Gold)
- Pre Out (Subwoofer): 2 Subwoofer Voltage: 2 V/1 kilohm
Other Inputs and Outputs
- Bluetooth: Yes (Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR Profile: A2DP, AVRCP Ver1.3 Codec: SBC/aptX/AAC) with NFC
- Ethernet (Switching HUB): 1
- USB: 2 supporting: MP3, AAC/HE, WMA, LPCM, FLAC, Dolby Digital, DSF, DSDIFF, AIFF, and ALAC
- Center: Yes
- Center (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Center Speaker Lift Up: Yes
- Front (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Front A (L/R): Yes
- Front B (L/R): Yes (Common with Surround Back)
- Front High (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Front High (L/R): Yes (Common with Surround Back)
- Surround (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Surround (L/R): Yes
- Surround Back (Bass/Treble): Yes
- Surround Back (L/R): Yes
- AV In: Including Front AV: 2
- Component Video In: 1
- Component Video Out: 1
- HDMI In: 6 (1 front) (1 rear w/ HDCP 2.2 support
- AV Out: Inc. Monitor Out: 1 Component Video: Y: 1 Vp-p, 75 ohms PB: 0.7 Vp-p, 75 ohms PR: 0.7 Vp-p, 75 ohms 80 MHz HD Pass Through
- Composite Video Out: Inc. Monitor Out: 1 Composite Video: 1 Vp-p, 75 ohms
- HDMI Out: 2 (1 assignable)
A/V Sync Features
- A/V SYNC: Variable
- A/V Sync Sampling Frequency: 192 kHz
- A/V Sync Time (msec): 0-300 msec
- A/V Sync auto mode: Yes
- 3D over HDMI: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Audio Widget: Yes
- BRAVIA SYNC (CEC Control): One-Touch Play, System Audio Control, System Power Off
- DSD: Yes (HDMI / DLNA / USB Mass Storage)
- HDMI Version: 2.0
- HDMI video output capability: 4K/60p, 1080p, 1080/24p Deep Color (up to 36 bit), TRILUMINOS Color (xvYCC)
- Power Off Pass Through: Yes
- S-Select: Yes
- Video Up Converter (Analog Component/HDMI): Yes
- Video Up Scaler (Analog; Component/HDMI): 4K
Weight and Measurements
- Receiver Dimension (WxHxD inches): 430 x 172 x 329.4 mm 17 x 6 7/8 x 13 inches
- Receiver Weight (pound): 10.3 kgs. (22 lbs. 1 oz.)