Transfer your memories onto DVD with the press of a single button. Easily record videos to DVD with this DVDirect Express DVD writer and play them back on most home DVD players. Choose what to record. The VRD-P1 lets you choose to either record all the video from your Handycam camcorder to DVD, or only the video captured since the last DVD burn. And because the unit is bus powered, there is no need for an AC power adapter.
- Easy One-Touch DVD burning - Simply connect the VRD-P1 to a compatible Sony Handycam camcorder, then press Record on the VRD-P1. No PC required.
- Compatibility - VRD-P1 is compatible with the following Sony Handycam camcorders only: DCR-SR47, DCR-SR67, DCR-SR68, DCR-SR87, DCR-SR88, DCR-SX40, DCR-SX41, DCR-SX43, DCR-SX44, DCR-SX60, DCR-SX63, DCR-SX83, HDR-CX550V, HDR-CX520V, HDR-CX500V, HDR-CX350V, HDR-CX300, HDR-CX150, HDR-CX110, HDR-XR550V, HDR-XR350V, HDR-XR150.
- Simple connection - Connect the built-in USB cable directly to the Handycam camcorder. Connect the camcorder to an electrical outlet. That's it.
- The solution for camcorder memory - Your memories are precious. So don't hesitate if your Handycam camcorder's memory is full. Copy your home videos onto affordable, durable DVDs.
- Recorded AVCHD discs work on BD players - DVDs recorded with AVCHD material are compatible with most home Blu-ray Disc players as well as PlayStation3 systems. (Not compatible with DVD players.)
- Copy videos for friends and family - From Baby's first steps to Junior's first home run, if a video is too good to keep to yourself, share it with the VRD-P1. Now you can record full-motion, full-resolution copies for friends and family.
- Control your recordings - Sony puts you in control. You can update the DVD1 with the videos shot since the last DVD recording. You can record all the video from the camcorder. Or you can choose specific shots based on dates or DVD scenes.
- Choice of DVD media - Records on DVD-R or DVD+R discs providing up to three hours of recording time (using LP mode) per DVD.
- Recorded SD discs work on DVD players - For Standard Definition material, you can play your recorded DVDs on most home DVD players.
- DVD playback - The VRD-P1 not only records DVDs but also plays them back. Simply connect the VRD-P1 to the Handycam camcorder via USB cable, then connect the camcorder A/V output to a compatible TV.
- Photo Playback:
- Video Playback:
- Photo Recording:
- Video Recording:
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty: 1 year Limited
- Disc Capacity: Up to 6 hours (using LP mode)
Inputs and Outputs
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 5 2/3 x 6 1/2 x 1in (143 x 162.5 x 25mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 14.1oz (.4kg)
Inputs and Outputs
- Aspect Ratio: Refer to Sony Handycam camcorder
- Format(s) Supported: DVD+R, DVD-R
- Recording Sources: USB
- Recording Time: 3h per DVD (approx.)
- Video Encoding: HD, SD