The ADVC55 unit connects VHS, Hi8, and other analog video equipment to a DV camera, deck, or editing system. It's ideal for capturing analog video into FireWire (IEEE 1394)-equipped notebook and desktop editing computers. There are no drivers to install and the unit does not require a power supply when used with a 6-pin DV cable.
- Connects analog video equipment to FireWire (IEEE 1394)-equipped computers for video editing
- Compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating system-based DV editing systems
- Compatible with leading editing and DVD authoring applications including Thomson Grass Valley EDIUS, Sony Vegas, Apple Final Cut Pro and iMovie, Avid Xpress DV and Liquid, Adobe Premiere Pro, Ulead MediaStudio Pro, and Windows Movie Maker
- No drivers or software applications to install
- Powered by FireWire (IEEE 1394) connector (ADVC55 and ADVC110 only)
- NTSC and PAL compatible