The XGA resolution Viewsonic PJD6241 Networkable Portable DLP Projector is powerful and feature-rich at a surprisingly affordable price.
With 3200 lumens and up to a 3200:1 dynamic contrast ratio it's got the projection power to create vivid lifelike images in a wide variety of projection venues, at home, in school or at work.
It also accepts and projects in 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition signals and it's ready for the world. It's compatible with the NTSC, PAL and SECAM international video signals and it's got an auto switching international 100 ? 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz power supply to complement its worldwide capabilities.
The PJD6241 projects clear, vibrant images thanks to its Texas Instruments Digital Light Processor Digital Micromirror Device (DLP DMD) imaging panel (the part that forms the picture). Ironically, DLP chipsets not only produce some of the most intensely vivid and beautiful images of any technology, they actually save you time and money too. As a bonus they don't require filters that have to be cleaned and replaced.
But the PJD6241 has an even bigger bonus in store for you. It's 3-D ready. Those millions of microscopic mirrors in its imaging chip operate so fast that they can project one image for each eye, making 3-D in your home and office a reality. You bring the 3-D glasses and programming. Your projector is ready to bring you everything from fantastic scientific visualizations to amazing 3-D movies.
Movies on DVD and Blu-ray look as smooth as butter with the PJD6241's 120 Hz frame rate, still not a common feature on high-end projectors and virtually unheard of on one this affordable.
No matter what kind of setup you're chosen, once you've positioned the projection, just press the Keystone button on the remote control and the projector automatically corrects vertical keystone distortion ?40 degrees due to the forward or backward setup angle of the projector. You can also adjust keystone manually using the remote.
An RJ45 jack enables network control and management of the PJD6241. Through the network connection the projector can actually send out an email when an error occurs of when the lamp is reaching the end of its useful life.
- DMD DLP Panel With Texas Instruments BrilliantColor Technology
- The panel is the part of the projector that forms the image. The latest BrilliantColor technology delivers stunning all-digital clarity with life-like color, sharp graphics and outstanding video. The sophisticated six-segment (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta and yellow) color wheel enhances the yellow color performance that's key to accurate and vivid color reproduction. DLP panels offer a bonus: They require no filters that have to be periodically cleaned and replaced.
- 3-D Ready For Immersive Educational, Gaming and Entertainment Viewing
- If you've seen a recent 3-D movie in a theater, chances are the 3-D effect was generated by a DLP Cinema projector. The PJD6241 uses that same, basic technology. DLP technology uses millions of Digital Micromirror Devices (DMDs) that reflect light to create a vivid, realistic picture. This imaging technology is so fast, it can actually produce two images on the screen microseconds apart: One for the left eye and one for the right eye. Then 3-D glasses combine the two images to create an amazing 3-D effect. This projector is ready for the revolution. All you need to add is 3-D glasses and 3-D programming that can include unforgettable lessons developed for 3-D, immersive 3-D games and stunning 3-D movies.
- Eco Mode Saves You Money and Helps Save The Environment
- Eco mode extends the life of your lamp from a very respectable 4000 hours up to 6000 hours and it reduces noise output from an already quiet 34 dB to a literally whisper quiet 29 dB. In fact, the PJD6241 is environmentally-friendly even before you take it out of the box. It's RoHS compliant. (RoHS is the European Union directive on the use of hazardous substances in electronic equipment.)
- Network Ready With an RJ45 Jack
- Thanks to its built-in RJ45 (Ethernet) jack you can operate your PJD6241 over a LAN. It even has its own built-in HTTP page for remote control and monitoring over a network. And when the lamp is reaching the end of its useful life the projector can email you to let you know.
- Closed Captioning Includes Your Whole Audience
- This projector can display all four channels (CC1, CC2, CC3 and CC4) of closed captioning plus the T1 and T2 text channels from program sources that provide CC. That's good not only for your hard of hearing audience members but for anyone learning English as a second language or when you have to present in a noisy environment.
|Device Type ||DLP projector |
|3D Technology ||Yes |
|Built-in Devices ||Speaker |
|Width ||11 in |
|Depth ||8.6 in |
|Height ||4.5 in |
|Weight ||6.2 lbs |
|Image Brightness ||3300 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio ||2800:1 |
|Projection Distance ||4 ft - 39 ft |
|Resolution ||XGA (1024 x 768) (native) / 1280 x 1024 (resized) |
|Native Aspect Ratio ||4:3 |
|Lamp Type ||230 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle ||2500 hour(s) / 6000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments ||Brightness, contrast, H/V position, color balance, input select, color temperature, keystone correction |
|OSD Languages ||Thai, Chinese (traditional), Chinese (simplified), English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Turkish, Japanese, Korean |
|Features ||Eco-Mode technology, BrilliantColor |
|Focus Type ||Manual |
|Zoom Type ||Manual |
|Zoom Factor ||1.1x |
|Keystone Correction Type ||Digital |
|Keystone Correction Direction ||Vertical |
|Vertical Keystone Correction ||-40 / +40 |
|Analog Video Format ||PAL, NTSC 4.43, NTSC 3.58 |
|Analog Video Signal ||RGB, S-Video, composite video |
|Video Modes ||480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p |
|Analog Video Signal ||RGB |
|Type ||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode ||Stereo |
|Output Power / Channel ||5 Watt |
|Speaker(s) ||2 x right / left channel |
|Type ||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Interfaces ||2 x VGA input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x VGA output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x composite video input - RCA 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 2 x audio line-in - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x audio line-out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x serial RS-232 - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style) 1 x network - RJ-45 ( management ) |
|Included Accessories ||Carrying case, lens cover |
|Cables Included ||1 x VGA cable |
|Security Features ||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately) |
|Compliant Standards ||FCC Class B certified, CE, UL, TUV GS, C-Tick, cUL, ICES-003, NOM, SASO, CB, CCC, PSB, EK, IRAM, RoHS, WEEE, GOST-R |
|Power Device ||Power supply - internal |
|Voltage Required ||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational ||250 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby ) ||1 Watt |
|Software Included ||Drivers & Utilities |
|Service & Support ||3 years warranty |
|Service & Support Details ||Limited warranty - parts and labor - 3 years Limited warranty - lamp - 1 year |
|Min Operating Temperature ||32 ?F |
|Max Operating Temperature ||104 ?F |
|Humidity Range Operating ||10 - 90% |
|Sound Emission ||34 dB |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode) ||32 dB |