My Book Pro is WD's fastest direct attached storage device for the creative professional. With up to 12 TB of storage and 435 MB/s transfer rates, large files can be backed up, transferred and edited directly from the device faster than ever. My Book Pro combines the power of dual 20-Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 ports, USB 3.0 compatibility, the peace-of-mind of hardware RAID and the speed of two 7200 RPM WD Black drives all to accelerate the workflow of creative professionals. Plus, it has convenient front-access USB ports to charge and sync smartphones, tablets or cameras.
My Book Pro's Thunderbolt 2 ports can daisy chain up to six additional devices, such as two 4K monitors, additional storage devices or video-editing peripherals. So, bring on your 4K video, high-definition images, 3-D renderings, and interactive and data-intensive projects, My Book Pro delivers speed, capacity and performance in a compact design.
Realize extreme performance with the combination of Thunderbolt 2, WD Black drives and hardware RAID:
- Thunderbolt 2 - supports up to 20 Gb/s data-transfer rate; daisy chain up to six additional Thunderbolt devices with no impact on throughput speed
- WD Black internal with 7200 RPM - a preferred drive of creative professionals, experts and users with high-performance requirements
- Hardware RAID - My Book Pro handles RAID processing so there?s no impact on your computer's CPU performance
- Connect up to six devices in a Thunderbolt daisy chain for optimized single-cable workflow with 4K monitors, additional storage devices and peripherals
- USB 3.0 compatibility for use with non-Thunderbolt systems
Centralize your important files
Aggregate all your digital content to open up storage space on your computer.
Perfect for backup
System-level protection for your files with Apple Time Machine
With up to 12 TB of capacity, you can save and protect all your photos, videos, music and important documents in one safe place.
Easy to set up, easy to use
My Book Pro is pre-formatted for Mac OS X, so it?s ready to use right out of the box. The drive can also be easily reformatted to NTFS for Windows users.
Because RAID processing is handled by My Book Pro, data bottlenecks are reduced and throughput is improved.
Customizable configuration options:
- RAID 0 (Default) - Stripes your data across both drives for the fastest data transfers and maximum capacity.
- RAID 1 - Mirror your files - automatically saves a copy on each of the drives in the unlikely event of drive failure.
- JBOD - Allows your computer to view and use the two drives as separate volumes.
You?re in complete control
With WD Drive Utilities, you can manage RAID configurations, run drive diagnostics and format your drive.
User serviceable system
No tools required to replace or upgrade drives.
What can you do with the My Book Pro?
- Creative professionals: Easily save your studio workflow, use as your primary storage for projects.
- 4K video producers: Connect and edit via multiple 4K screens, quickly scan 4K content to quickly find resources and project-edit points.
- Studio photographers and photography enthusiasts: Transfer your images to the My Book Pro by using the front-mounted USB ports - giving you the capacity you need for your RAW files and high resolution editing.
- Photo curators: Store and protect your extensive iPhoto library, quickly and easily navigate through your library.
- Architects/engineers: Create, manipulate and store CAD files and renderings using the My Book Pro drive.
- Desktop publishers: Aggregate large catalogs of media files, always have them handy to use in your Adobe Indesign and Illustrator flows.
- High-speed performance with up to 435 MB/s1 data transfer rate
- Dual-drive enclosure with up to 12 TB capacity
- Thunderbolt 2 or USB 3.0 connectivity
- Two 20 Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 ports for high-speed workflow
- Two easy-access USB 3.0 device ports on the front of the enclosure
- RAID-optimized 7200-RPM WD Black drives
- Customizable hardware RAID 0/1 or JBOD
- Pre-formatted for Mac OS X in RAID 0 mode (Reformatting required for Windows)
- Hot-swap capable drives (RAID 1 mode)
- Toolless, Trayless drive bays ? no tools required to service
- Apple Time Machine compatible
- WD Drive Utilities diagnostics tool
- Easy set up
- Demanding creative workflows
- Fast, high-capacity external storage and backup
- Creative professionals, experts, content creators and curators
- 4K video production environments
- Video editing | 3D rendering | graphics-intensive projects
- Daisy-chaining up to six Thunderbolt devices, such as 4K monitors, video/audio editors, media players and more
- Enhancing system performance by setting to RAID 0 to boost speed
- Backing up files locally or to the cloud using your Dropbox account
- Protecting your data in RAID 1 mode to automatically duplicate your data
- System-level back up with Apple Time Machine
- Set to JBOD to use the system as two individual drives
- Accelerates the creative process with the speed of Thunderbolt 2
- More time to focus on what you love to do
- Streamline your workflow with high-speed multitasking
- The speed and reliability of 7200 RPM WD Black drives inside
- Flexibility of connecting through Thunderbolt 2 or USB 3.0
- Single-cable convenience by daisy chaining up to six Thunderbolt 2 devices
- Massive storage capacity for all your work - and play
- Easy expansion and/or smartphone charging with two USB 3.0 ports
My Book Pro supports a multitude of platforms, including:
- Thunderbolt 2: Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later, Windows 8.1 64-bit or later
- USB 3.0: Mac OS X 10.7 or newer, Windows 7 or later
- Formatted HFS+ journaled for Mac OS X
- Requires reformatting for Windows operating systems
- Backward compatible with first-generation Thunderbolt systems
- Battery: No
- Disk Capacity: 6 TB, 8 TB, 10 TB, 12 TB
- Drive Bays: 2
- Interfaces: USB3.0-A x2, USB3.0 MicroB, Thunderbolt2 x2, Power Supply - 12V (DC in) x 1
- Memory: 4 GB
- Processor: Intel XeonTM dual core
- Length: 8.51 in (216.10 mm)
- Width: 4.28 in (108.60 mm)
- Height: 5.82 in (147.80 mm)
- Weight: 7.87 lb (3.57 kg)
- Operating Temperature: 0 degrees C to 35 degrees C (32 degrees F to 95 degrees F)
- Non-op Temperature: -40 degrees C to 70 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 158 degrees F)
- AC input voltage (AC adapter): 100-240 VAC
- AC input frequency: 50-60 Hz