WD Sentinel RX4100 - Connect. Protect. Collaborate.
Designed specifically for small office environments, WD Sentinel RX4100 is an easy-to-install small business storage server in a 1U rack mount design. It provides secure unified storage, complete data protection, iSCSI SAN and remote file access for employees, clients and vendors while in the office or working remotely from anywhere with an Internet connection.
The administration dashboard quickly guides you through the process including adding users, setting up data access, creating shared folders, and scheduling backups.
WD Sentinel RX4100 is the ideal rack mount storage server for small businesses. Its easy administration features include four drive bays with hot swappable design; redundant user-serviceable power supplies; user-serviceable fans and email alerts.
Comprehensive data protection for your entire business has never been easier.
- The drives inside: Pre-configured with four hard drives optimized for reliability, quality and performance.
- RAID: Pre-configured with RAID 5 for added data protection and drive redundancy.
- Automatic backup and restore for Windows clients: The included backup software saves time and space by performing a full Bare Metal Backup the first time and then automatically backing up only the data that has changed since the previous backup.
- Dual Ethernet ports: Comes pre-configured in Adaptive Fault Tolerance, which keeps your network available by automatically switching to the second Ethernet port if the first one should fail.
- Optional dual power supply: WD Sentinel RX4100 provides the option of adding an external power supply that will take over should a power surge or other failure damage the internal power supply.
- Optional off-site disaster recovery protection: Protect your business data against a disaster by creating an off-site copy to the cloud using KeepVault.
- Easy data retention policy implementation for Windows clients: Implement your company's data retention policy with ease to ensure regulatory compliance.
Secure remote access
Perfect for businesses with employees working remotely or in home offices as they can securely access business data from any computer with an Internet connection.
With dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, WD Sentinel RX4100 delivers read speeds up to 105 MB/s through the Gigabit Ethernet interface. That's three times faster than most network drives in this category today.
Fully Compatible with Mac OS Clients
WD Sentinel RX4100 supports Apple Filing Protocol (AFP), which provides complete compatibility for Mac OS-based client machines.
Virtualize WD Sentinel storage using iSCSI Target
WD Sentinel RX4100 offers built-in iSCSI target functionality integrated within the Dashboard to easily manage the setup, administration and deployment of iSCSI Storage. IT Pro's and advanced users have the ability to partition their WD Sentinel RX4100 for both NAS File-based storage as well as iSCSI-SAN with the iSCSI Target solution powered by StarWind.
A total solution with industry-leading technology partners
We combined hardware and software from industry leaders to deliver a reliable, secure and easy-to-manage storage server designed specifically for small business environments. WD Sentinel RX4100 features:
- Best-in-class hard drives - Equipped with 4 WD 3.5-inch SATA RAID Edition hard drives with RAID-specific time-limited error recovery (TLER).
- Intel Atom processor - Built with an Intel Atom dual-core processor inside to easily handle day-to-day computing and file storage demands.
- Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials - Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials operating system provides the cost effective, reliable and scalable storage solution small businesses need to quickly and efficiently organize, protect and share critical business data.
Real-time system status through the administration dashboard or email alerts
Receive critical system updates via the built-in email alerts functionality. Or view real-time updates for the system, RAID and network status through WD Sentinel's dashboard.
Compatible with multiple operating systems
WD Sentinel RX4100 includes the Connector software for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS Snow Leopard and Mac OS X Leopard.
Optional off-site disaster recovery service
Every small business should have a plan to protect its data from an unforeseen disaster (fire, flood, earthquake, etc.). KeepVault is an off-site cloud-based data backup and disaster recovery solution that's integrated within WD Sentinel's administration dashboard that provides built-in support for data encryption and compression for secure and faster data transfer.
WD Guardian Services
Flexible, affordable and hassle-free technical support and extended warranty plans with a variety of benefits. Choose the plan that works best for your business.
- Small business network for up to 25 computers and users.
- Protecting your critical business data with comprehensive data protection ? WD drives, RAID, automatic backup, dual Ethernet ports, optional power supply and optional disaster recovery.
- Setting up automatic backups for up to 25 Windows or Mac OS-based client computers.
- Restoring files, folders or an entire computer image in the event of a system failure.
- Providing secure remote access to clients, employees or contractors who work remotely.
- Offering cross platform file sharing with Windows, Mac, Linux and UNIX operating systems.
What's in the box
Small Business Storage Server, 1 RJ45 Ethernet cable, AC Adapter with power cord and Basic Install Guide.
Compatible with multiple operating systems
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP (SP3) operating systems. Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard or Leopard operating systems File sharing support for Linux and UNIX