WD's My Book Live Duo personal cloud storage provides dual-drive shared storage on your wireless home network. Share data with all your computers, stream media to your entertainment center, and get to your files from anywhere with remote access and mobile apps. And with RAID 1 technology, you have double-safe backup for your data.
Your media and files on your own personal cloud.
Create your own personal cloud, without the monthly fees and mysterious location of your data. Store your media and files on the drive and access them securely over the Internet. Or, use WD?s mobile apps for easy access with your tablet or smartphone. It's like having up to 3 TB of extra storage for your mobile device.
Double-safe backup with RAID 1 technology.
Set this system to data protection mode (also known as mirrored mode or RAID 1) and the capacity is divided in half. Half of the capacity is used to store your data and half is used for a second copy. In the unlikely event that one drive fails, your data is protected because it's duplicated on the other drive.
Maximum storage capacity with drive spanning.
Out of the box, this two-drive system combines both drives into one big volume so they act like one drive for maximum capacity.
Complete out-of-the-box solution.
WD's My Book Live Duo comes complete with two desktop hard drives offering high-capacity, low power consumption, and cool, quiet operation. The drives are factory tested within the enclosure for optimized performance and WD quality you can count on.
Shared storage for all your computers.
The perfect dual-drive solution for centralizing and sharing data on your wired or wireless network. Connect the My Book Live Duo to your wireless router to share and access files with any PC or Mac computer on your network.
Speed without compromise.
Built with an 800 MHz CPU for maximum performance to power all your applications from streaming to remote access. Designed around the most recent advances in Ethernet chip technology, this product delivers best-in-class read speeds faster than traditional USB 2.0 drives.
Now streaming to your HDTV.
Watch your daughter's birthday party video or show off your vacation slideshow on your TV. The built-in media server streams music, photos and movies to any DLNA-certified multimedia device such as a WD TV Live network media player, Blu-ray Disc player,
Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and connected TV. DLNA 1.5 & UPnP certified.
Automatic, wireless backup for all your computers.
Protect your precious memories and wirelessly back up all the PC and Mac computers on your network to one reliable location. Windows users can use the included WD SmartWare software and every time you save something, it?s instantly backed up. Mac users can utilize all the features of Apple Time Machine backup software to protect their data.
Serve up your music with iTunes.
The drive includes iTunes server support so you can centralize your music and stream it any Mac or PC with iTunes.
Easy to set up, easy to find on your network.
Set up is a snap. In just a few minutes, you?re up and running. Mac, Windows 7, and Windows Vista computers will automatically find your My Book Live drive in seconds. If you?re running Windows XP, our simple discovery software makes it easy to set up the drive.
Want to upgrade a drive? Simply open the case and replace the existing drive - no screwdriver needed.
Add an extra layer of protection for your files.
You can automatically make a second copy, or safepoint, of your My Book Live Duo on another My Book Live Duo or NAS drive on your home network. Now you?ve got extra safe protection for all your media and ultimate peace of mind.
USB expansion port.
Turn any USB 2.0 drive into an instant network drive for extra capacity on your My Book Live Duo. Just connect the drive to the USB port and it will automatically be shared on your network.
- Storage and backup for all the PC and Mac computers on your network
- View photos and files with apps for your iOS, Android, and BlackBerry smartphones and tablets
- Securely access media and files remotely over the Internet
- Stream videos, music, and photos to your entertainment center
- Built-in 800 MHz CPU for maximum performance and speed
- Storing your digital media collection on your wired or wireless network
- Double-safe data protection with RAID 1 mirroring and dual drives
- Sharing videos, music, and photos with all the computers on your network
- Backing up data from all the PCs and Mac computers in your home
- Viewing photos and files with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Android smartphone, or tablet
- Streaming media to your Blu-ray Disc players, game consoles, media players, or other DNLA/UPnP devices on your home network
- Secure remote access from any computer with an Internet connection
- Windows XP (SP 3), Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, or Lion
- DLNA/UPnP enabled devices
- Internet connection for remote access