Please Note: This model can only be used with a network
Add this unique remote-access storage system to your wired or wireless network and you?ll have a surprisingly simple and secure way to access and share data and photos, at home, in the office, and anywhere in the world--even when your local computer is off.
Use This Product When You Want To
|WD Anywhere Access? - This storage system and all the files on it are always accessible when you need them, even when your local computer is turned off. |
Easy to set up, easy to use - Network setup is a breeze with our unique, powerful remote access software.
Data OnHand? - From any PC, use Windows Explorer to securely browse through folders on My Book World Edition. Open, edit and save files as though they are right there with you.
Gigabit Ethernet Connection - High-performance 1000/100/10 compatible Ethernet connection.
EMC? Retrospect? Express backup software - Easy-to-use software for scheduled or on-demand file backup.
UPnP enabled - Makes network configuration easy and convenient.
Capacity gauge - See at a glance how much space is available on your storage system.
Quiet and cool - An efficient convection cooling system and a thermostatically controlled fan keep this unit reliably cool and remarkably quiet.
- Easily access and edit your files on any computer.
- Get files from home while at the office.
- Listen to your music while on vacation.
- Securely share photos with your friends anywhere in the world without uploading them to the web.
- Back up your laptop data to your home computer while you?re traveling.
- Offer your clients an easy way to access business documents, designs, and artwork. Eliminates the need for a separate FTP server.
- Back up critical files to a remote drive for the ultimate protection from loss.
- Simplify your home network and access data from any computer or external hard drive in the house.
- Automatically back up all your PCs to one central location.
- Gain peace of mind with a mirrored back up of important documents and images.
- Available 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet connection (network adapter, router, switch, or hub port)
- Broadband Internet connection
- 500 MB of available local hard drive space
- 512 MB RAM
- Pentium III class, 500 MHz or newer
- Windows? 2000/XP Home/Pro
- Web browser (Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 or later)
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- Remote access storage system
- Ethernet cable
- AC adapter
- Installation and software CD
- Quick Install Guide