Buffalo Technology DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 External Hard Drive HD-LBU3 (black)
Buffalo's DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 External Hard Drive HD-LBU3 is an easy to use solution for the addition of external storage to any device using a USB port. DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 features a sleek, attractive chassis that can be positioned vertically or horizontally for efficient use of space. With USB 3.0 support and backward compatibility with USB 2.0, DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 works with almost any PC or Mac computer and provides interface speeds up to 5 gigabits per second. It comes equipped with Buffalo Tools, a feature-rich suite of tools designed to enhance computer performance and the day-to-day digital life of Windows? PC consumers. With TurboPC, users can boost file transfer performance by up to 4X over competing USB 2.0 hard drives, conserve energy and battery consumption by utilizing ECO Manager and perform PC backup with the easy to use Backup Utility. DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 is the perfect solution for expanding storage or backing up your computer.
Designed to fit anywhere, the DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 can be positioned either vertically or horizontally for ultimate flexibility. The sleek, attractive chassis adapts to its location and looks great on a desk or as part of a home entertainment system. A fanless design keeps the DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 quiet.
USB 2.0 Compatibility
The DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 backward compatible with USB 2.0 enabled desktop computers and notebooks. Simply plug the cable into the USB 2.0 port and you are connected ? no additional hardware is required.
SuperSpeed USB offers maximum interface speeds of up to 5 Gbps*, an amazing 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
Utilizing the high speed RAM of your Windows PC, TurboPC can increase file transfer rates by up to 4X over competing USB 2.0 portable hard drives. TurboPC also includes TurboCopy which draws on additional system adjustments to increase performance substantially.
Backup and Manage Your Data with Buffalo Tools!
Buffalo Tools is a feature-rich suite of optional software included on many Buffalo DriveStation and MiniStation storage products. Any or all of the following components of Buffalo Tools may be installed on Windows PCs.
Buffalo's Backup Utility: An easy-to-use and fully featured backup software for Windows PCs and can be used to back up one or multiple computers with a single Buffalo external hard drive.
eco Manager: Energy efficiency tool conserves energy and reduces battery consumption by regulating the power usage of the hard drive, cutting power to the drive during extended periods of inactivity.
RAMDISK: A simple utility that allows you to create a RAM disk on your Windows PC which creates a small, but extremely fast environment to work on files in.
SecureLock: Windows software that provides complete control of the data encryption on your Buffalo external hard drive, providing password protection and software data encryption.
Key Features and Benefits:
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0: Provides accelerated access and interface speeds up to 5 Gbps
- Compatible with USB 2.0 and 3.0: Support for legacy USB 2.0 and SuperSpeed 3.0
- Adaptable Positioning: Can be placed either horizontally or vertically for ultimate flexibility and efficient use of space
- Connect & Go: Ready to use out of the box ? no drivers or formatting needed
- Works with PC and Mac: Connect to your computer for additional storage or backup of your music, photo, video and data files
- Buffalo Tools: Feature rich software tools designed to enhance performance and backup your files
- Fanless Design: Allows for quiet operation, perfect for home media centers and game rooms
- TurboPC: Enhance overall performance of your Windows PC and increase file transfer rates up to 180% over competing USB 2.0 hard drives
- Time Machine Compatibility: Works perfectly with Time Machine to back up your Mac computer
- eco Manager: Eco minded power management tool regulates power usage, conserving energy and battery consumption
The DriveStation Axis USB 3.0 External Hard Drive HD-LBU3 is backed by a one-year limited warranty and lifetime 24/7 US based technical support.