Ask any professional chef and you'll find out, the Chef's Knife is the most indispensable of all the knives in the block. Perfectly diced onions and peppers, slender zucchini matchsticks, roll cut carrots and thinly shredded cabbage are just a few strokes away with this powerful, versatile tool. Notice how the blade edge of the Chef's Knife is gently curved, from tip to heel. That's to allow you to use a gentle, even rocking and gliding motion as you cut. The length and weight of the blade helps you work more efficiently. (The longer and heavier the blade, the less muscle you have to put behind it!) Use the whole blade to cut larger items like potatoes and Spanish onions into slices or strips. The bolster gives the knife weight at the heel so the back half of the blade can be used to make smaller cuts. The flat of the blade can be used to lightly "whack" the skins from garlic cloves, too.
- High carbon, no stain steel from tip to tang; resists rust, stains, discoloration
- One piece forged blade, bolster, and tang for life long durability
- Full tang design for better balance and superior strength
- Contoured, comfort grip handle
- End of knife is etched with knife identification for ease of identification and reduced wear on blades