Convenient Features for Easy Scanning Up to 4800dpi.
How easy is this? Just select what you want to do with your original-scan, copy, or create email attachments or PDFs-and the entire process is automated. The new Auto Scan Mode detects your type of original, then scans and saves it with the optimal settings. Your results will be outstanding, with color dpi resolution up to 4800 x 4800, and you can also create fabulous 19200 x 19200 software-enhanced interpolated scans. Plus, a letter-sized color scan takes only about 14 seconds. The Advanced Z-Lid lets you produce clear, complete scans of thick originals such as notebooks. And to reduce "cable clutter," one simple cable provides power and a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection.
Speed & Quality
Done in 14 Seconds / Low Energy Usage - Now, scanning is faster than ever. In about 14 seconds, you can scan a letter-size color original such as an article, or a page from your notebook or textbook.
Shadow-Free Scans - Typically, when you scan a page from a book, the shadow from the book's inside "gutter" shows up on the scan. No more. Gutter Shadow Correction eliminates that shadow, providing a clean scan of just the page - and not the gutter.
Ease of Use
Four EZ Buttons - How simple is this? Just press a button to select what you want to do with your original - copy it (sending a scanned image to your printer), scan and save it, produce a PDF, or create an email.
Smart Scanning - Whether you're scanning a photo, document, business card, textbook or personal notebook, the new Auto Scan Mode automatically recognizes the type of original, crops it to proper size and then scans and saves your file in the appropriate format. Perform this and more with the press of a single button.
Just One Wire - To reduce the number of wires in your work area, one simple cable provides power and a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection. Canon Generation Green
Generation Green is Canon's new environmental initiative. This program encompasses eligible Scanners, PIXMA Inkjet Printers and imageCLASS laser printers. Generation Green is designed to provide business partners, customers and consumers a way to learn about the environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions; for example, possible cost savings through energy efficiency. The CS 5600F has the following Generation Green characteristics:
- White LED - The white LED allows the scanning unit to be smaller and have no warm-up time, resulting in lower energy consumption. This means that you can start scanning immediately (excludes film scanning).
- ENERGY STAR - Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy, these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy as well as money.
- RoHS Compliance - This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product restricts the the use of cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB) and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- Hardware Recycling Program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- Refurbishing Program - The Canon refurbishing facility manages all waste stream processes for Canon products, so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for Canon U.S.A. products, not third-party vendors.
- To learn more about Generation Green, visit www.usa.canon.com/green
ENERGY STAR qualified
To help you save energy and money, while making a difference for the environment, Canon has partnered voluntarily with the EPA for over ten years to design products that meet the high standards of its ENERGY STAR Program. This program promotes the development and introduction of energy-efficient products to combat global warming and other environmental issues.
As an ENERGY STAR partner, and one of the leading producers of energy-efficient equipment, Canon has qualified more than 400 of its products since the program began and is proud to offer you copiers, printers, scanners, and multifunction devices that help protect the environment, without compromising features or performance.
Why buy ENERGY STAR?
ENERGY STAR equals saving money.
The typical home office with an ENERGY STAR qualifed fax, printer, copier and scanner is projected to save more than $230 over the life of the product. So start saving now by choosing Canon ENERGY STAR-qualified Products.